: rectangular area in the back of the back seat

doctormstein1
08-20-10, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know what the rectangular area on the back of the back seat is and I also saw a hook on the back of the back seat. Maybe some can give me this information. thanks.

GMJim
08-20-10, 08:36 PM
child seat tie down

TheCaptain
08-20-10, 09:33 PM
The three same size rectangles are child seat tie downs, like Jim mentioned, the large square is for large/long item pass through (ie: ski's, wood, etc) provided you lower the rear centre armrest.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/TheCaptain07/10%20SRX%20WinterSpring/IMG_3601.jpg

stevec5375
08-20-10, 09:45 PM
And that great big square that results when you open the back hatch is how you can load cargo into the car. ;)

Nichelle
08-21-10, 12:43 PM
The three same size rectangles are child seat tie downs, like Jim mentioned, the large square is for large/long item pass through (ie: ski's, wood, etc) provided you lower the rear centre armrest.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/TheCaptain07/10%20SRX%20WinterSpring/IMG_3601.jpg

My yorkie has decided the large square is her doorway to the cargo area. She can walk from the backseat to the cargo area through her own personal door.

stevec5375
08-21-10, 01:42 PM
My yorkie has decided the large square is her doorway to the cargo area. She can walk from the backseat to the cargo area through her own personal door.

Yikes! Let's hope the dog doesn't decide that the cargo area is her own personal back yard too!

cbeeches
08-21-10, 10:18 PM
No animals allowed in my Cadillac. Including small children who act like animals.

Nichelle
08-21-10, 11:03 PM
Yikes! Let's hope the dog doesn't decide that the cargo area is her own personal back yard too!

No animals allowed in my Cadillac. Including small children who act like animals.

LOL! It's not that bad. I think it's kind of cute. And she seems to find it convenient. I have to get her to the groomer/vet/boarder somehow, right? She actually doesn't like to ride in cars. So, as soon as we get in she hops to the backseat, then goes through the door and hides in the cargo area. She's only 7 pounds. How much damage could she do? (And no :tisk:, she doesn't think it's her own personal backyard).

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 12:05 PM
Put a bed back there too! What a great selling point that would make! "Doggy door included" !

SS

stevec5375
08-22-10, 12:21 PM
We always crate our two small dogs when traveling with them. I shutter to think where and in what condition they would end up if we were in an accident with them roaming loose in the car.

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 12:28 PM
You're right about that. Physics says Speed X weight -Force lbs. So a 7 lb dog/cat at a 30mph dead stop weighs 210 lbs! I wouldn't want it to hit me either!

SS

Nichelle
08-22-10, 03:20 PM
We always crate our two small dogs when traveling with them. I shutter to think where and in what condition they would end up if we were in an accident with them roaming loose in the car.

You have a good point. It's a rare occasion that she's in the car (vet, groomer, etc), but that's the right plan. She should be secured just like any other passenger.