: fuses

Ruud
08-20-10, 03:01 PM
My courtesy/interior lights are not working, neither is the central locking button.
are these related? I've checked the fuses, but they all seem fine. Maybe I'm checking the wrong ones :hmm:

sven914
08-20-10, 08:34 PM
Your cigar lighters, power side mirrors, and leveling suspension system are not functioning either.

Replace the 20AMP BODY fuse.

robb257731
08-20-10, 10:03 PM
Check to make sure there isn't a lighter jammed in either of the rear doors...happened to me...kept blowing the fuse.

Ruud
08-21-10, 01:37 AM
Your cigar lighters, power side mirrors, and leveling suspension system are not functioning either.

Replace the 20AMP BODY fuse.

Where do I find this body fuse?

Ruud
08-21-10, 07:11 AM
I've found the fuse but it's fine ...even replaced it with a new one..still the same issue

Ruud
08-21-10, 02:59 PM
All sorted now :)

csbuckn
08-21-10, 04:25 PM
how'd you fix it?

Ruud
08-21-10, 04:39 PM
how'd you fix it?

It turned out the previous owner had taken out the fuse. (completely overlooked that at first) With a reason, cause when I put in the new fuse, the interior lights switched on but there was no way of turning them off again...lol

After some fiddling about, I traced the fault back to the switch on the dash. Took it out, cleaned out the inside, regreased it and now all works again.

Now there's only 2 things left to fix..
1) Fuel gauge still not working (I noticed it moving when I fiddled with the key in the ignition :hmm: )

2) Stop Engine Temp light still won't go off. I had to unplug the cable at the back of the buzzer, it was driving me mad..

oh and the driver's seat is not moving, motor clicks but no action..

sven914
08-21-10, 08:42 PM
When my fuel gauge stopped working, I just punched the dash until it worked...

Take the dash cover off and check the printed circuit to the fuel gauge. Make sure all of the screws are tight and the printed circuit itself is flat and not separated. While you're under there, take the bulb out of the Stop Engine-Temp lamp.

Ruud
08-21-10, 11:22 PM
When my fuel gauge stopped working, I just punched the dash until it worked...

Take the dash cover off and check the printed circuit to the fuel gauge. Make sure all of the screws are tight and the printed circuit itself is flat and not separated. While you're under there, take the bulb out of the Stop Engine-Temp lamp.

I did hit it a few times as well. One time it seemed to work and the needle went back to 1/4 tank level.
I'll have a look under the cover.
Smart thinking about the bulb...

robb257731
08-21-10, 11:30 PM
My gas gauge is faulty as well....reads full for way too long....then suddenly plummets to 3/4 at which point it operates normally. I hate the digital dash...trip odometer doesn't work either....usually blank, then occasionally will flicker on and operate normally, then stutters to read both imperial and metric...wish they had stuck with the old style.

Ruud
08-22-10, 11:46 AM
Well...
I took the dash cover off today and probably found out why the Stop Engine Temp light is on and why the fuel gauge is faulty.
see pic (red arrow points to fuel gauge, black to Stop Engine Temp light with bulb removed)
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/lochlomondclassics/Picture116-1.jpg

csbuckn
08-22-10, 12:06 PM
I can't really see what's going on in the pic. Is the circuit messed up?

Ruud
08-22-10, 12:24 PM
Yes, it's a bit of a crappy pic but I had to take it through the windscreen

The area inside the yellow is kinda burnt. Does anyone know what this circuit strip is called and if it's still for sale somewhere?
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/lochlomondclassics/Picture118-1.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/lochlomondclassics/Picture116-1-1.jpg

sven914
08-22-10, 07:39 PM
First, you need to find out what fried your printed circuit. Then you need to find someone who is parting their car out, and is willing to ship internationally.

Ruud
08-23-10, 12:31 AM
First, you need to find out what fried your printed circuit. Then you need to find someone who is parting their car out, and is willing to ship internationally.
That's gonna be interesting....god knows when that happened. It might be 15 years ago..lol

Ruud
08-23-10, 06:04 AM
I took the printed circuit out this morning and had a go at repairing it.
I now have a working fuel gauge AND a Stop Engine Temp light that goes on and off when it should :)
I just need to keep an eye on it whether it will fry again or not.