: Transmission faliure after 6000 miles

AWSMBLU
08-19-10, 11:46 PM
Hello all
Around the middle of july, while coming home from vacation just past the Tenn. boarder we stopped at a rest area.Everything had been fine up to that point.While getting on the highway i had to jump on it because a semi was in the right hand lane.To my dismay as soon i hit 5000 rpm the tach went to red line bouncing off the rev limiter.Scaried the WITS out of me as i had to head for the sholder.When i finaly got the caddie home what a relif.I had it flat bedded to my dealer the next morning not knowing what to expect.First he said it was a solenoid that needed to be replaced on the transmission,waiting for the part.Several days go by when he calls me back and says that the problem was due to a faulty spring in the trans not the solenoid.He stated it would be three weeks before he could get the special tool to work on it.Three weeks later he calls and says the car is fixed.I picked it up and on the way home it started doing the same thing! I have to say up to this point the service has been top notch no complaints.I was Mad,took it back to the dealer.When we went for a test ride no problem.As soon as we got back on the highway Bam, it started slipping worse then before.Well i have a new Transmission and iam going to pick up the car tomorrow.Will let you know what happens.

sube5186
08-20-10, 07:22 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Is this the 3.0L or the Turbo? They have difference transmissions.

Sube

AWSMBLU
08-20-10, 08:07 AM
Hello 3.0 awd.

sube5186
08-20-10, 09:05 AM
So, let me get this straight. It took them three weeks to get a "tool" just to work on the trans. Yet, they got a whole new trans overnight. Amazing! Do they not plan on parts ever breaking down so they don't bother having the proper tools around? :hmm:

Anyway, please keep us posted on your progress.

Sube

AWSMBLU
08-20-10, 02:20 PM
Hello
I just got back from the dealer and everything seems fine.I will let you know if anything happens.

rreuben
08-22-10, 01:26 PM
Interestingly, I got back my 2 month old (2K miles) SRX yesterday with a new solenoid (similar symptoms like you faced but only happening when car is cold). From what I understood, it appears that your case may have been referred to as one of the 2 or 3 known cases of transmission problems with the SRX in the recent past. My dealer also told me while working with the Cadillac's field engineer and Tech Service Engineers back East, they learned that there was a known case on the East coast with similar transmission issues, however, looks like it is limited to just the unlucky 2-3 of us so far, hence no service bulletin as yet.

I did report my issue to the NHTSA (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm), since, in my opinion, it is a valid safety concern (e.g. merging onto a freeway/expressway). Would encourage you to do the same, in case this starts manifesting itself in the broader SRX community

NvaDav
08-31-10, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone, I bought my 2010 SRX in September 2009. In late May 2010 I was driving to work and my transmission jumped into neutral. I was on the up side of a hill and so when i started to roll backwards I was just a bit freaked out. Had the car towed to the dealer, was told after 8 days that there was no known issue and they dismantled the transmission and re assembled it hopefully catching whatever "loose connection" had caused the problem. Worked fine until August 14 when once again at high speed in traffic the car jumped into neutral not fun to loose forward momentum at speed on I 95 just south of DC. Again had it towed to the dealership. It is still there (today is August 31) and today i got a call from the service dept letting me know that the part needed (transmission control module) is still on back order but is expected in 10 to 14 business day. I have called Cadillac consumer folks and am expecting a call back from some district supervisor. i have had 26 down days and counting since May 21st. On advice from the Va dept of consumer affairs I have drafted a letter to GM to have the car declared a lemon.

TheCaptain
08-31-10, 10:31 PM
I don't understand how a vehicle can have one problem a couple of times, or a couple of (not relating to this conversation) minor problems and people pull out the lemon laws. (I know having tranny failures isn't fun, but aside from that...) do you just have to stop liking the car and lemon law it and the dealer buys it back or what?
We have no such bs as lemon laws in Canada, so it baffles me a car has a couple of issues and people want to dump it right away. (yes i know you spent tons of money on it, but the dealers here usually get stuff fixed up, albeit with maybe a smidge of difficulty once in a awhile.)

Or maybe its just me, that i spent this much on THIS car, that i want IT and not another one. (exception: event of an accident)

PJ1520
09-01-10, 10:10 AM
Captain....Nva has 26 down days without his vehicle since May 21 of this year alone with another possible 3 weeks on the horizon (10-14 business days). Last year was no fun for him either with the tranny issues. Consider what could have happened from a safety standpoint.

I think most of us could love a new SRX just as much as the one we replaced under a lemon law swap and never look back. Personally, I have my safety and that of my wife, family, and grandchildren to consider. When a vehicle stops delivering basic 4 wheels and transportation safely, to me it's time to make a switch rather than rolling the dice yet one more time.

Safety includes my untimely and unforeseen demise should the wife decide I am stubbornly and irrationally beating a dead horse and putting her at risk! :bomb: