: Heads up!! Recall for turbo owners!!!!

KevinOpp
08-19-10, 08:08 PM
dealership just phoned me---there's an air hose that crosses over the turbo housing that's apparently coming loose, and they're issuing a fix. i was told that if it breaks, the car would still be driveable, but would probably max out at 40MPH.

it seems that they're actualy going to send a mechanic up HERE tomorrow to fix the problems at my house. hell, that is service, i have to hand it to them. 2 hour drive for him, each way!

sube5186
08-19-10, 08:44 PM
The one thing that's still nerve wracking for me is that no one here on the forum (to my knowledge) has discussed this issue happening in their car---so i'm almost MORE nervous about driving with an unproven "fix" than i am with the one that's been working fine for the past 2 months, and on everyone else's car.

I don't think you're alone.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/205657-turbo-failure.html

Sube

Smokin' SRX
08-19-10, 09:05 PM
I don't think you're alone.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/205657-turbo-failure.html

Sube

Looks like a quick dependable fix is available. Doubt they woulda sent a guy out if confidence wasn't high.

I wish you a similarly fruitful experience with your health! Wish you many happy years w/ your SRX.

SS

KevinOpp
08-19-10, 09:17 PM
thank you, my 2 Caddy friends.........i did not see that previous post and it does help me feel more comfortable with the long trip, assuming they can fix it tomorrow.

i feel like an ass with the presonal rant..........been a fairly lousy week. sorry 'bout that.

sube5186
08-20-10, 07:30 AM
I feel like an ass with the personal rant..........been a fairly lousy week. sorry 'bout that.

No need to apologize. You're entitled to rant. You paid a lot of money for your car. You have a right to expect it to perform reliably. :bouncy:

Sube

macklobell
08-22-10, 03:02 PM
Is this on all turbo srx's or a select few....? Wouldn't owner be notified by vin number?

KevinOpp
08-22-10, 04:18 PM
Is this on all turbo srx's or a select few....? Wouldn't owner be notified by vin number?

well, my dealership phoned me and told me about it. they actually sent a mechanic to me to do the repair (we're 2 hours apart), and while he was here he replaced the chrome trim pieces that fell off by the side mirrors.

the replacement was certainly necessary, and i was apparently already starting to have problems---it's a good thing they fixed it. basically if you open the hood, the largest air hose that you see in front of you is slipping off on the right side where it attaches to the turbo. mine was already slipping, you could see the orange seal undeneath that should have been covered more by the air hose. it was a 10 minute job, just put a new air hose in that covers the seal much better and shouldn't slip off with vibrations. he told me that i probably was even going to get a performance boost since some air was already slipping out of the line on the old hose. i can't say that i noticed anything, but i did have an 8 hour drive the next day to Ohio, so i am VERY glad that it was fixed before i left. they also said that if it does come off, you'll still be able to drive about 40mph and not be totally dead in the water.

i would suggest checking your hose, tightening if you think it needs it, and calling your dealership.