: what is wrong with people?

fps_dean
08-19-10, 05:03 PM
Driving to work today, I hear a loud ding and then something hit my shoulder and went into the backseat... thought someone kicked up a rock and it hit the sunroof, but when I stopped I found a quarter in my backseat and a good scratch in the paint on the roof.

I don't even know who threw it out the window at me, as it could have been anyone on the four lane highway and they didn't even have the courtesy to honk their horn so I knew who to follow...

There's no reason to do anything like that... what the hell is wrong with them? Are they retarded and they think they are funny? If I knew who it was I'd cut their brake cables.

Anyway, there isn't much of a dent but a chip in the paint, I'm hoping it can be touched up rather cheaply...

hueterm
08-19-10, 05:06 PM
It could have been kicked up just as easily as a rock....

fps_dean
08-19-10, 05:09 PM
It could have been kicked up just as easily as a rock....

It wasn't, the reason I know this is the only car that could have launched a quarter like that from their wheels was the one immediately in front of me and there was a lot of space between us when it happened, where it might be possible to launch a large-sized pebble further. I thought it was possibly a pebble that hit the glass which was why it was so loud. When it bounced off my shoulder it felt about the same size...

RippyPartsDept
08-19-10, 05:14 PM
and how does it end up in your back seat? were your windows down? and how does it scratch the roof and also then end up in the car? i'm confused

hueterm
08-19-10, 05:15 PM
So if no one was in a position to kick it up, how could someone have thrown it?

fps_dean
08-19-10, 05:16 PM
and how does it end up in your back seat? were your windows down? and how does it scratch the roof and also then end up in the car? i'm confused

It hit the roof in front of the sunroof, then came in the car through the sunroof, bounced off my shoulder and into the backseat.

fps_dean
08-19-10, 05:17 PM
So if no one was in a position to kick it up, how could someone have thrown it?

One of three cars to the right of me could have thrown it out, or possibly the guy in front of me if he launched it high enough in the air. I don't think a tire could pick up a quarter high enough...

Aron9000
08-19-10, 05:19 PM
One of three cars to the right of me could have thrown it out, or possibly the guy in front of me if he launched it high enough in the air. I don't think a tire could pick up a quarter high enough...

Did you drive under a bridge?? Some punk ass kid needs to get his face smashed in real bad.

fps_dean
08-19-10, 05:21 PM
Did you drive under a bridge?? Some punk ass kid needs to get his face smashed in real bad.

No bridge or even overhead trees or anything. I'm pretty sure someone just threw it out their window at me. Believe me when I figured out what happened I quoted Tallahassee from Zombieland "Do what you want with a man, but do not **** with his Cadillac"

Anyway the good news is that it should be an easy touch up, but this still makes my blood boil.

RippyPartsDept
08-19-10, 05:21 PM
It hit the roof in front of the sunroof, then came in the car through the sunroof, bounced off my shoulder and into the backseat.

aaahhh makes a bit more sense :cool2: sorry though

ben.gators
08-19-10, 05:49 PM
I always prefer to be positive in such conditions and say myself that it was just an accident with no intention, however there is no doubt that there are plenty of sick people out there....

Playdrv4me
08-19-10, 07:01 PM
Was this just at random or did you do something to provoke this quarter throwing event? Not sure I understand why anyone would just throw a perfectly good quarter out the window of a car... maybe a penny or two, but a quarter?

fps_dean
08-19-10, 07:14 PM
Was this just at random or did you do something to provoke this quarter throwing event? Not sure I understand why anyone would just throw a perfectly good quarter out the window of a car... maybe a penny or two, but a quarter?

No I did nothing to provoke it... I can't even say I was driving too slow because the people around me were all driving really slow... it seems totally random.

ben.gators
08-19-10, 07:19 PM
No I did nothing to provoke it... I can't even say I was driving too slow because the people around me were all driving really slow... it seems totally random.

Well, if we assume it was intentional, your car (2005 STS sexy silver) was not very random!

77CDV
08-19-10, 10:29 PM
Maybe it was some Prius owner who felt you needed some extra gas money, driving a Cadillac and all. :lol:

RightTurn
08-19-10, 11:14 PM
By and large, people are just asshats. :alchi:

The-Dullahan
08-20-10, 12:17 AM
Around the corner from the hotel I stayed at at the FL meet, I saw this fight break out where some jackass in a convertalble Mustang was tossing change into the sunroof of an SUV in front of him. The guy in the SUV started screaming, which is what caught my attention, and tossing money back. I turned in time to see a huge handful of change get flung again by the fellow in the Mustang. No idea what started it, but at least that guy knew who the douchebag throwing money at him was.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-20-10, 12:41 AM
Someone wants to start throwing money in my car? Go ahead! I need it! (unless it's Canadian, in which case they can go **** themselves)

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 01:48 AM
No bridge or even overhead trees or anything. I'm pretty sure someone just threw it out their window at me. Believe me when I figured out what happened I quoted Tallahassee from Zombieland "Do what you want with a man, but do not **** with his Cadillac"

Anyway the good news is that it should be an easy touch up, but this still makes my blood boil.

hey, my Father's D'Marhcand died at the hands of overhead nonsense. Of course, that was a stop sign with a massive chunk of concrete attached.

Also, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeaqEvCeOOY

orconn
08-21-10, 02:24 AM
While I can't conjure up "jealousy" as a factor in the assault on your "STS" (let's face it very few people even know what an STS is much less are motivated to assault one!) the quarter hitting your shoulder and ending up in your rear seat certainly brings messages of "Kharma" to mind!

Do you carry "comprehensive" insurance on your Cad? If not perhaps kharma is whispering in your ear! A coin out of control, regardless of it its' intent can scratch our precious paint! If it bothers you, insure against it. Otherwise accept it as "battle damage" incurred in life!

orconn
08-21-10, 02:26 AM
I accept Canadian money!

fps_dean
08-24-10, 02:44 PM
hey, my Father's D'Marhcand died at the hands of overhead nonsense. Of course, that was a stop sign with a massive chunk of concrete attached.

Also, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeaqEvCeOOY
Aww they removed the video aleady :(

fps_dean
08-24-10, 02:46 PM
While I can't conjure up "jealousy" as a factor in the assault on your "STS" (let's face it very few people even know what an STS is much less are motivated to assault one!) the quarter hitting your shoulder and ending up in your rear seat certainly brings messages of "Kharma" to mind!

Do you carry "comprehensive" insurance on your Cad? If not perhaps kharma is whispering in your ear! A coin out of control, regardless of it its' intent can scratch our precious paint! If it bothers you, insure against it. Otherwise accept it as "battle damage" incurred in life!

The cost isn't so much the problem, just time to fix it. I do have comprehensive, but it won't be enough to bother with insurance to fix. The morals piss me off more than the end damage.

It could be worse, someone hit my sister's Mazda 3, totaled the bumper and drove off, no note or anything... in the same lot someone smashed her hood in with a sledgehammer (from the looks of it)

Rolex
08-24-10, 04:17 PM
I read somewhere the other day where a guy admitted he throws loose change at people that tailgate him. I thought that was childish and stupid.

Cadillac is a premium vehicle. Like it or not, there's a whole lot of people in this world with a chip on their shoulder (the type that when you make eye contact with them they ask you "whats your fookin' problem"). This low class low life group of slack jawed jokers automatically assume you're a dick because you drive a Cadillac. I stumbled across that type of person with startling regularity when I drove an Escalade. I sold it, at least in part, to avoid having to engage someone like this one day.

SGEngineer
08-25-10, 12:13 AM
The cost isn't so much the problem, just time to fix it. I do have comprehensive, but it won't be enough to bother with insurance to fix. The morals piss me off more than the end damage.

It could be worse, someone hit my sister's Mazda 3, totaled the bumper and drove off, no note or anything... in the same lot someone smashed her hood in with a sledgehammer (from the looks of it)

Where I come from you just don't mess with a persons ride. Doesn't matter if they drive a pinto or a porche.

The-Dullahan
08-25-10, 01:36 AM
They removed the Video? I didn't know.

Oh well, I can still watch it, because it's my upload.