: GM Supplier Purchase Program

nbfc
09-09-04, 09:32 AM
Does anybody know how to find out what the invoice of a car is to qualify for the program? If anybody knows what the differance in price from what you would pay with and without the program? Thank you for your help.

msheri01
09-09-04, 06:16 PM
The car price is not the qualifier. You have to be a specified employee of a company with a supplier relationship to GM to qualify.

CVP33
09-09-04, 07:24 PM
Your Vehicle: 2005 STS V6

VIN: 1G6DW6774501XXXXX
Exterior: Black Raven
Interior: Cashmere
MSRP:* $49,590.00
GMS: $43,886.40

STS V6 LUXURY SPORTS SEDAN
3.6L V6 VVT ENGINE 255 HP
5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
BLACK RAVEN
CASHMERE

STANDARD GMS VEHICLE PRICE $ 36,143.50

Options installed by Manufacturer
1SC LUXURY PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
MULTI-DRIVER MEMORY SETTINGS
POWER ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR
HEATED/VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
HEATED REAR OUTBOARD SEATS
HEATED, WOOD STEERING WHEEL
EUCALYPTUS WOOD TRIM ON CENTER
STACK, CONSOLE, IP, SHIFT
KNOB, DOOR TRIM AND STRG WHL
BOSE 5.1 STUDIO SURROUND SOUND
WITH IN DASH 6 DISC DVD
CHANGER AND ADVANCED DVD
NAVIGATION
XM SATELLITE RADIO-120 CHNLS
OF GO ANYWHERE ENTERTAINMENT
SERVICE FEE EXTRA 1ST 3MO. INC
RAINSENSE WIPERS
HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER
AUTO DIMMING ISRV MIRROR
(REPLACES STD ISRV MIRROR)
17" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
EXPRESS OPEN/CLOSE SUNROOF
REAR SPOILER
TRUNK CONVENIENCE NET
PERFORMANCE FEATURES:
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
(N/A WITH ALL WHEEL DRIVE)
17" PERFORMANCE BRAKES
PREMIUM ZF STEERING GEAR
$ 7,047.90
TOTAL OPTIONS $ 7,047.90
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 43,191.40
DESTINATION CHARGE $ 695.00

TOTAL GMS VEHICLE PRICE*** $43,886.40

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right

***PERFORMANCE***
• 3.6L V6 VVT ENGINE
• 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC WITH DRIVER
SHIFT CONTROL
• INDEP SUSP W/AUTO REAR LEVEL
• STABILITRAK/SPEED SENS STRG
• ALL SPEED TRACTION CONTROL
• 16" DISC BRAKES
• ABS WITH PANIC BRAKE ASSIST
• 17" ALUMINUM WHEELS
• MICHELIN P235/50R17 FRONT
P255/45R17 REAR V-RATED TIRES
**LUXURY/COMFORT/CONVENIENCE**
• NUANCE LEATHER SEAT SURFACES
• 8-WAY POWER SEATS
• PREMIUM ALUMINUM TRIM
• DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
• POWER TILT/TELESCOPE STRG WHL
• CRUISE CONTROL
• ADAPTIVE REMOTE START
• 8 SPEAKER BOSE SYSTEM WITH CD
• PWR WINDOWS EXPRESS UP/DOWN
• KEYLESS ACCESS WITH PUSH
BUTTON START
***SAFETY***
• DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER FRONT
& SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS
• HEAD CURTAIN SIDE IMPACT
AIR BAGS
• ONSTAR SYSTEM INCLUDES 1YR
DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS
• ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
• THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
• POWER PROGRAMMABLE DOOR LOCKS
• AUTO DIMMING ISRV
MIRROR W/COMPASS
• ELECTROCHROMIC OSRV DRV MIRROR
• DAYTIME RUNNING & FOG LAMPS
• TUNGSTEN HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
• 4 YEAR/50,000 MILE LIMITED
WARRANTY SEE DLR FOR DETAILS

While every effort is made to assure this information to be accurate, variations in the manufacturing process, dealer installed accessories and mileage figures may cause this window sticker display to vary from that on the vehicle. Check with your dealer for complete information.

***Includes Manufacturer's Recommended Pre-Delivery Service. Does not include dealer installed

CVP33
09-09-04, 07:26 PM
Your Vehicle: 2005 STS V8

VIN: 1G6DC67A9501XXXXX
MSRP:* $50,340.00
GMS: $44,988.90

Window Sticker Division of General Motors Corporation
STS V8 LUXURY SPORTS SEDAN
4.6L NORTHSTAR V8 VVT 320 HP
5-SPEED AUTO W/DRV SHIFT CONTRL
BLACK RAVEN
CASHMERE

STANDARD GMS VEHICLE PRICE $ 41,961.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
1SE LUXURY PACKAGE
MULTI-DRIVER MEMORY SETTINGS
POWER ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR
HEATED FRONT SEATS
HEATED REAR OUTBOARD SEATS
HEATED, LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
EUCALYPTUS WOOD TRIM ON CENTER
STACK, CONSOLE AND IP
8 SPEAKER BOSE WITH IN DASH 6
CD CHANGER
HOMELINK GARAGE DOOR OPENER
17" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
TRUNK CONVENIENCE NET
$ 2,332.90
TOTAL OPTIONS $ 2,332.90
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 44,293.90
DESTINATION CHARGE $ 695.00

TOTAL GMS VEHICLE PRICE*** $44,988.90

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right

***PERFORMANCE***
• 4.6L NORTHSTAR V8 VVT ENGINE
• 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC WITH DRIVER
SHIFT CONTROL
• INDEP SUSP W/AUTO REAR LEVEL
• STABILITRAK/SPEED SENS STRG
• ALL SPEED TRACTION CONTROL
• 16" DISC BRAKES
• ABS WITH PANIC BRAKE ASSIST
• 17" ALUMINUM WHEELS
• MICHELIN P235/50R17 TIRES
**LUXURY/COMFORT/CONVENIENCE**
• NUANCE LEATHER SEAT SURFACES
• 8-WAY POWER SEATS
• PREMIUM ALUMINUM TRIM
• DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
• POWER TILT/TELESCOPE STRG WHL
• CRUISE CONTROL
• ADAPTIVE REMOTE START
• 8 SPEAKER BOSE SYSTEM WITH CD
• PWR WINDOWS EXPRESS UP/DOWN
• KEYLESS ACCESS WITH PUSH
BUTTON START
***SAFETY***
• DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER FRONT
& SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS
• HEAD CURTAIN SIDE IMPACT
AIR BAGS
• ONSTAR SYSTEM INCLUDES 1YR
DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS
• ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
• THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
• POWER PROGRAMMABLE DOOR LOCKS
• AUTO DIMMING ISRV
MIRROR W/COMPASS
• ELECTROCHROMIC OSRV DRV MIRROR
• DAYTIME RUNNING & FOG LAMPS
• TUNGSTEN HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
• 4 YEAR/50,000 MILE LIMITED
WARRANTY SEE DLR FOR DETAILS

While every effort is made to assure this information to be accurate, variations in the manufacturing process, dealer installed accessories and mileage figures may cause this window sticker display to vary from that on the vehicle. Check with your dealer for complete information.

***Includes Manufacturer's Recommended Pre-Delivery Service. Does not include dealer installed options and accessories, local taxes or license fees.

nbfc
09-09-04, 07:49 PM
I went to 3 dealers and they all told me that the program doesnt apply to the new STS. I then called the program hotline and was told it is up to the individual dealership if they want to honor it or not.

CVP33
09-09-04, 07:52 PM
We went through the same thing with our V's. I ended up flying from Chesapeake, VA to Cleveland, OH to buy one at GMS. All the local dealers and dealers in neighboring states refused to sell me one at GMS. Only DeLorean Cadillac would deal.

Good Luck and don't give up. DeLorean was literally my 24th or 25th dealer that I called.

msheri01
09-10-04, 09:26 AM
The supplier program does apply to the vehicle. CVP33 is correct. The pricing he listed was GMS, which is different than supplier. I do not understand why some dealers are doing the "you have to wait" bit. If you are supplier(or driveway certificate) eligible, the car IS eligible.

EgyptianQueen
09-10-04, 11:48 AM
If a dealer is on this forum, they should be able to tell you that the STS is not eligible for the program until after 10/1. That is why the dealers you went to rebuffed your efforts to purchase. If you can wait until after 10/1, then you are still presented with the concern that the dealer can refuse to participate. Take my advise and wait. :sneaky:

miscreant
09-10-04, 12:03 PM
If a dealer is on this forum, they should be able to tell you that the STS is not eligible for the program until after 10/1. That is why the dealers you went to rebuffed your efforts to purchase. If you can wait until after 10/1, then you are still presented with the concern that the dealer can refuse to participate. Take my advise and wait. :sneaky:
Supplier program is open on the STS. I delivered a Black V8, Supplier (GSU) on the 2nd, and have verified reciept of the GSU memo money. Additionally, GSU is available in VIN Incentive Lookup on a 2005 STS. I'd say shop around and find someone who will give it to you.

msheri01
09-10-04, 05:23 PM
to quote Ducky:

YUP!YUP!YUP!

Just like the first one we delivered GMS!!

Miscreant is correct. :worship: :worship: :worship: :bouncy: :bouncy:

EgyptianQueen
09-14-04, 12:42 PM
to quote Ducky:

YUP!YUP!YUP!

Just like the first one we delivered GMS!!

Miscreant is correct. :worship: :worship: :worship: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Tell us when you get a charge back

msheri01
09-14-04, 01:08 PM
No chargeback, the car IS eligible, just like the CTS-V is eligible. It is just that some dealers will sell under all applicable programs, and some will not. The only other factor may be the purchaser eligibility for the program.

Miscreant, please correct me, if necessary.

nbfc
09-14-04, 01:22 PM
mssheri01 can you please email at nbfc260@aol.com regarding info on status of order. You helped me last week and it was great help. Thank you.

Slick V
09-14-04, 04:33 PM
I know what GMS is but what is GSU? any differences in prices?

EgyptianQueen
09-15-04, 01:19 PM
Who cares? It's only money!

msheri01
09-15-04, 06:32 PM
I know what GMS is but what is GSU? any differences in prices?

GSU is the supplier program, GMS is the employee program. The employee program is a bigger discount.

JDelorean_srx
09-15-04, 09:26 PM
GSU is about 4% above GMS. But, it could vary by make/model.

Re: dealers, I've heard it usually is their option to honor GSU or not. (And, it's usually the 'HOT", just out cars, that won't immediately be honored.)

In SE Michigan, any dealer will take GSU on just about anything - even the '16'.. :drinker

miscreant
09-15-04, 11:43 PM
Tell us when you get a charge back
No charge back. First, the GMU, GMS, GID, GSU, U9D programs are automatic edit-table approved programs, which means the incentive code will give an error if it's not eligible before any memo pays - once the memo pays, only a physical audit can cause a charge back. Only things like Oldsmobile loyalty (use of an already used certificate number) or Cap Cost reductions (when the retail finance contract get's cashed and it's not a lease) get charged back. Point is that the incentive memo, the newest Supplier incentive message, and VIN incentive lookup all say it's eligible, and we've had a Supplier and a GMS buyer already and have our memo money.

BTW, What makes you think it's not effective until 10/1?

EgyptianQueen
09-16-04, 11:44 AM
As I am sure you are a dealer, you should have access to your administrative messages. It may just be the GMU and not the supplier that is effective 10/1. If I am wrong, I'll admit it. Some people are just too freakin' touchy, it’s pathetic!

In all honesty, it's always the big bad dealer against the customer when they don't honor the discount. Of course that is not always the case. Who cares anymore? I tire of this subject! Consider this my last post on the subject. :want:

msheri01
09-16-04, 06:10 PM
I do not understand your annoyance. I would guess that the 10/1 you are referring to has to do with FLEET ordering. These are not accepting right now. Those are not GSU orders. Since I do work at a dealership, I do read the admin messages, and we have delivered STS vehicles under the program and we have been paid. My concern on this is accurate information for those considering the vehicle. The same misinformation was circulated regarding the CTS-V series, and that was AFTER we had delivered the first car we got at GMS pricing. I even called the DBC again today to verify, and was also told that the STS IS eligible. Why should someone have to wait, or pay more for a car when they ARE eligible? :nono:

miscreant
09-16-04, 08:45 PM
I do not understand your annoyance....My concern on this is accurate information for those considering the vehicle...The same misinformation was circulated regarding the CTS-V series...

Exactly. Telling people on this board it's not available is like the dealership telling customers it's not available. It IS available. GMU is what is not available.

Subject: 2005 MY RESTRICTIONS FOR GM EMPLOYEE PURCHASE PROGRAM, GM SUPPLIER NEW VEHICLE PROGRAM AND GM DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEE PURCHASE PROGRAM AS OF SEPTEMBER 8, 2004
Message #: XXXXXXXXXXX

To: ALL GM DEALERS

Following are the 2005 Model Year restrictions from the individual Marketing Teams for the GM Employee Purchase Program, the GM Supplier New Vehicle Purchase Program , and the GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program as of September 8, 2004:

Buick - No restrictions.

Cadillac
STS - Not available for GMU until 10/1/2004.
CTS - Very limited GMU.
XLR - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.

Chevrolet Cars
Classic (old body style Malibu) - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
Corvette - Very limited GMU for coupes only, no GMU convertibles until October 1, 2004.
GMS and stock sales of Supplier are eligible.
Only eligible for the U6C portion of the Dealership Employee Purchase Program.

Chevrolet Trucks
Equinox - Limited GMU.
Astro Van - No cargo models in GMU.
Express Van - No cargo models in GMU.
Silverado 2500/2500HD - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Silverado 3500 - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Cutaway Vans - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
Kodiak (C4500) - Not available.
SSR - Very limited GMU. Not available for GMS, Supplier or Dealership Employee Purchase.

GMC
Safari Van - No cargo models in GMU.
Savana Van - No cargo models in GMU.
Sierra 2500/2500HD - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Sierra 3500 - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed
Cutaway Vans - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
TopKick (C4500) - Not available.

Pontiac
Grand Am Sedan - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.

Hummer
H2 SUT - Very limited GMU.

Saturn - No restrictions.

The above restrictions are subject to change at any time.

Questions regarding this message should be directed to the GM Dealer Business Center at
XXX-XXX-XXXX and XXX-XXX-XXXX

EgyptianQueen
09-17-04, 11:58 AM
I am not annoyed. Maybe the information I received was inaccurate. As stated previously, if I was wrong I would admit it. I was wrong. Happy? Good!

Chopper9
09-17-04, 01:39 PM
Your Vehicle: 2005 STS V8

VIN: 1G6DC67A9501XXXXX
MSRP:* $50,340.00
GMS: $44,988.90

Window Sticker Division of General Motors Corporation
STS V8 LUXURY SPORTS SEDAN
4.6L NORTHSTAR V8 VVT 320 HP
5-SPEED AUTO W/DRV SHIFT CONTRL
BLACK RAVEN
CASHMERE

STANDARD GMS VEHICLE PRICE $ 41,961.00

Any chance you could list one GMS with a V8 AWD, loaded to the gills? Might be time to trade in the CTS-V........ALREADY????!!!?!?!?

STS V8 Premium Luxury Performance
$60,610.00
Packages/Options
$5,200.00
VEHICLE TOTAL*
$65,810.00

What would this be GMS?

miscreant
09-17-04, 04:42 PM
Any chance you could list one GMS with a V8 AWD, loaded to the gills? Might be time to trade in the CTS-V........ALREADY????!!!?!?!?

STS V8 Premium Luxury Performance
$60,610.00
Packages/Options
$5,200.00
VEHICLE TOTAL*
$65,810.00

What would this be GMS?

$57,854.30 GMS...

Chopper9
09-17-04, 09:29 PM
Thank you sir! :D