: Location of Microphone

doctormstein1
08-18-10, 03:32 PM
Can anyone tell me where the microphone is located when you talk through blue tooth connection

TheCaptain
08-18-10, 05:04 PM
I believe its in the centre console in the front roof where the sunroof and buttons/lights are. The last two "speaker" looking grates if i'm right. I direct my head there when making calls and haven't had any complaints.

sube5186
08-18-10, 07:54 PM
I believe its in the centre console in the front roof where the sunroof and buttons/lights are. The last two "speaker" looking grates if i'm right. I direct my head there when making calls and haven't had any complaints.

I think you're right, but I think one of those speaker looking grates is a dummy. I've been on BT calls and the person on the other end has said my voice from the driver's seat is loud and clear, while the passenger's voice is much lower. Obviously intentionally designed that way to reduce ambient noise from the front seat passenger while you're talking on the phone.

Sube

Sube

rreuben
08-22-10, 01:11 PM
Like Sube said, I have also been told that my front passenger comes across much lower than me when talking through the SRX's microphone. Interestingly, my 2nd SRX's sound quality of phone calls has been reported to be far superior than my first.

2nd SRX = performance trim, built in April/May 2010, 1st SRX (exchanged as a lemon) = luxury trim, built around July/Aug 2009.