: IPOD issues

Esy
08-18-10, 11:50 AM
I've been able to successfully plug my IPOD into the vehicle & listen to it without issues. Recently though, whn I plus the IPOD in, the musice information appears on my nav screen & all seems to be working properly but the music does not "play" ??? Has anyone had this isse? I do not have the volume on mute & I have ensured that the volumn is turned up.

Thanks!

sube5186
08-18-10, 04:45 PM
What type of music files are you trying to play....Mp3, AAC, etc? Are the files "protected"? Certain music files purchased from online music stores are protected. That is, they will not play on other devices and cannot be transferred to another location.

Sube

TheCaptain
08-18-10, 06:07 PM
I've done this before. I think i know what you mean. It happens when you do not disconnect the IPod properly through selecting the ipod button, then MENU (touchscreen), then eject Ipod.

Anyway, the fix is, to select MENU, and choose a list to play. It frustrated me for awhile after i improperly disconnected the ipod too.

DocME
08-19-10, 01:39 PM
I didn't have any issues with my iphone playing music, until I upgraded the iphone software to os4. Now I have the same issues you described. I plug in the phone, it sometimes starts to play, but when I cycle through the menus, its like its not seeing my phone correctly. I haven't gotten the most recent update that came out a week or so ago. I'll try that and see if it helps.