: The time is fast approching! Advice needed

outsider
08-18-10, 09:39 AM
So it's getting dangerously close to paint time for my old 69 calais... :bouncy:

Now I need some advice, the paint color is going to be sapphire blue firemist, although some have said it looks a little too light to be sapphire blue firemist. After double checking, it appears they sent me "Cobalt Blue Firemist" instead...and since I've already opened and sprayed some I can't send it back so F it...I'll spray the car in that color. It looks nice anyways.

So what I need advice on is interior color. I'm not going to redo the whole interior right away...but I'm definitely going to order up a new carpet before driving around in this beast because the current carpet is different colors in the front and rear...navy blue up front and light blue out back. I was wondering what color I should do the interior? I'm going to be redoing the whole interior at some point anyways...I was thinking either like...

Navy Blue and White or Black and White or even just a Blue and White?

Any suggestions? :hmm:

csbuckn
08-18-10, 10:20 AM
White seats and doors, black carpet and dash. Or white and blue

Bro-Ham
08-18-10, 11:15 AM
I agree with CS, do white seats and door panels, blue dash and carpets. SEX-e. :)

jayoldschool
08-18-10, 11:26 AM
White/blue +1

77CDV
08-18-10, 02:51 PM
Since you're not going stock, I'd go with the white/blue scheme. Still period appropriate, and it looks good.

outsider
08-18-10, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys, I was leaning towards white and blue anyways.

I've found a few places that sell carpets for a 4 door 1969 calais but not many color options as far as blue goes.
http://www.autotrimsupply.com/Carpets/CADILLAC/CALAIS/1969/1969CADILLACCALAIS1291-69.html

This site has a few. I'm leaning towards "Shade 13 blue" or "Dark Blue" or "Bright Blue" it's hard to say with these tiny images....any thoughts?

jayoldschool
08-18-10, 04:53 PM
Call them and they will send you samples.

outsider
08-18-10, 05:20 PM
That's a good idea, Jay! I'll call them tomorrow.

77CDV
08-18-10, 08:46 PM
I'd have to see the paint color you have again, but I'd try to go with a blue that's close to the paint color for both the carpet and dash. Otherwise, you'll end up with a tri-tone effect, which doesn't look good on these cars.