: For the love of God, someone please keep me off Craigslist...

ga_etc
08-18-10, 03:02 AM
Because I get bored and start looking around on there to kill time. And when I do that I find something like this:http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1902599119.html. :drool: It's torturous. What makes it even worse is I know EXACTLY where the car is sitting. It's all of about 20 minutes from my house, straight shot... gah. :banghead:

77CDV
08-18-10, 03:21 AM
Reality check: what would you do with the car if you bought it? More pointedly: what could you do with it? Restoration is out of the question given your current financial status. You have the Eldo and the Camaro. Enjoy what you have.

And stay off CL! :p

Playdrv4me
08-18-10, 03:23 AM
What he said ^

ga_etc
08-18-10, 03:28 AM
I know. It's still fun to look though! lol. Just something else to add to the "one of these days" list. I've found some interesting Caddy's on there tonight. One of the others was a 1980 D'Elegance, white with blue velor and a transplanted 425 backed by a TH400.

Right now the focus is on school and keeping my head above water. The toys will come at a time when they are manageable.

Aron9000
08-18-10, 03:41 AM
Tell me about it . . .

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1904755208.html

I'm so tempted to buy this, going to call the guy first thing tomorrow. It'll probably be sold by the time I get around to looking at it on Thursday, gotta work all day Wednesday. No way that truck is going to last at that price, if the description is accurate . . . .

ga_etc
08-18-10, 03:46 AM
Looks like the passenger side rear fender is skint a little right at the tire, but other than that looks to be a sharp little truck. I would go for it too. It always helps to have a truck, and especially something that gets good gas mileage too.

Playdrv4me
08-18-10, 03:54 AM
Those old Toyota trucks will easily outlive you (unless they end up somewhere with a steady diet of salt).

hueterm
08-18-10, 09:13 AM
Because I get bored and start looking around on there to kill time. And when I do that I find something like this:http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1902599119.html. :drool: It's torturous. What makes it even worse is I know EXACTLY where the car is sitting. It's all of about 20 minutes from my house, straight shot... gah. :banghead:

You need to fix up that Camaro with any excess time and money that you have....

ga_etc
08-18-10, 03:16 PM
Working on it.

hueterm
08-18-10, 08:35 PM
Only go onto CL to look for Camaro PARTS -- not moar Camaroz....

ga_etc
08-18-10, 10:34 PM
But they go hand in hand...

77CDV
08-18-10, 11:37 PM
Only if you're buying a parts car! :lol:

ga_etc
08-18-10, 11:40 PM
Right now all it really needs is an ignition control module.

orconn
08-19-10, 12:17 AM
Nothing wrong with window shopping. As long as you realize that you can't afford what you see!

ga_etc
08-19-10, 12:20 AM
I'm all too aware of the fact that I can't afford it lol.

The-Dullahan
08-19-10, 01:33 AM
There are FAR worse ads on Craigslist. A friend sent me this one, I think it was from...I don't know...One of those M states. Montana maybe.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bji/1587347039.html

For those of you who are fortunate enough to have never met me, all of the following apply.

I...

-Wear a kilt (365 days a year)
-Ride a horse (and have learned to joust)
-Own MANY broadswords (as I was raised to take up swordsmanship at the age of five)
-Am fond of animals (and have a class three license, allowing me to run my OWN zoo)
-Enjoy stout (as all good Pikeys do)
-Fishing too (Was always fun when I was a child anyhow)
-Love Dogs (grew up with packs of wolves and like dogs more than people)
-Am not a "racist, homophobe, fundamentalist, Jehova's Witness or Mormon" (Enough said)
-Am ALWAYS prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse and am asymptomatic to rabies, meaning I most likely am asymptomatic to the Zombie Virus as well.

What frightens me about this ad is that people say I am a messed up individual...but CLEARLY there are worse people out there. I need to spend every minute of my life now hoping, praying that this person NEVER FINDS ME.

gdwriter
08-19-10, 02:12 AM
It was my periodic searching on Craigslist that located a Seville in my price range. Didn't buy it because of too many warranty claims (thanks to Tony for checking that), but once I had the itch, I had to scratch it and ended up with Sabrina less than a week later. No regrets, either.

77CDV
08-19-10, 03:19 AM
There are FAR worse ads on Craigslist. A friend sent me this one, I think it was from...I don't know...One of those M states. Montana maybe.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bji/1587347039.html

For those of you who are fortunate enough to have never met me, all of the following apply.

I...

-Wear a kilt (365 days a year)
-Ride a horse (and have learned to joust)
-Own MANY broadswords (as I was raised to take up swordsmanship at the age of five)
-Am fond of animals (and have a class three license, allowing me to run my OWN zoo)
-Enjoy stout (as all good Pikeys do)
-Fishing too (Was always fun when I was a child anyhow)
-Love Dogs (grew up with packs of wolves and like dogs more than people)
-Am not a "racist, homophobe, fundamentalist, Jehova's Witness or Mormon" (Enough said)
-Am ALWAYS prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse and am asymptomatic to rabies, meaning I most likely am asymptomatic to the Zombie Virus as well.

What frightens me about this ad is that people say I am a messed up individual...but CLEARLY there are worse people out there. I need to spend every minute of my life now hoping, praying that this person NEVER FINDS ME.

They do say everyone has their soulmate, though in this case I suspect the Lady Victoria would object.

Stingroo
08-19-10, 08:56 AM
That ad is terrifyingly accurate.

I'm afraid FOR you, friend.

JayP71
08-19-10, 01:11 PM
Dang, that's about an hour away from me. Hmm....

I won't, but it is fun to think about.

The-Dullahan
08-19-10, 02:57 PM
No, this entity is clearly a Succubus. Too bad I am immune to their supposed "Charms" and would best ehr in battle with little effort. Either that or it is just some REALLY messed-up-in-the-head lady from Montana[?]

Yes Sting, be afraid for me. I have never learned that whole FEAR thing, something about being raised in a cemetery and getting stabbed so many times, but I think I probably SHOULD be afraid of this person, whom I now name "Montana".

77CDV
08-19-10, 04:48 PM
Is her first name Hannah? :suspense:

ben.gators
08-19-10, 06:51 PM
Is her first name Hannah? :suspense:

If her first name is Hannah I am in! :D

The-Dullahan
08-20-10, 01:18 AM
God ****ing damn you, Disney! **** you Disney! ****ing die already!...Bitch!

77CDV
08-20-10, 03:56 AM
Do I sense a wee touch of hostility there, boyo?

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 02:45 AM
If Disney was never here, my life would be easier. For one, I wouldn't have ever ended up here. That alone is a great thing. Even if I did, my property taxes would be nearly free, property would still only be $50 per acre and I would have no neighbours. If that was the case, I could actually live here, albeit it would still be a bitter disappointment by comparison to Pennsylvania. then again, had Disney never been built here, I'd have never had a job there, made my tens of thousands I made there by the time I was 18 and managed to get where I am today (Somehow at a much less-paying job, but whatever) and all of that. Also, that lovely intern from Disney's College Program would have never ended up coming to work with me and been utterly wooed by my Irish charm (Which is an oxymoron in itself, as Irishmen are anything by charming) and where would I be then? Then again, there is still a decent chance I'd have met Lady Victoria if I lived in Pennsylvania for my whole life, as her Mum is from a town just down the mountain from me, where they frequent on trips from NY and since the towns up there rarely exceed populations of 40, I'd have undoubtedly ran into her eventually.

Damn thee Florida and damn thee forever, thou hast robbed me of winter, woodlands, family and my cemetery.

orconn
08-21-10, 03:39 AM
Pennsylvania! Dream on my Celtic friend! The most sought after commodity of contemporary society is the freedom from intrusion of the unwanted! But it cost more than a rusty old hearse and flippin' burgers! Disney has done a fair job of acomplishing this for the upper middle class masses.

You should talk to Dkoz about available property in his neck of the woods! But I must warn you, you will need more than a kilt to live out that dream!

The-Dullahan
08-21-10, 06:06 AM
Flipping Burgers? If I had a job like that I'd have slaughtered thousands on a maniacal rampage by now. I can always move in with my cousin in the castle we own in the Motherland, but then I'd have to convert my hearse to go all righty on me.