: Perfect trip from Richmond VA to Suffolk County, NY

doctormstein1
08-17-10, 08:25 PM
For some reason I was fearing my return trip from Richmond, VA to Long Island NY. But I was ecstatic about the quality of the trip which took under 7 hours. My SRX performed fantastically. It had a beautiful soft ride. Driving was extremely comfortable and relaxing. Going 75MPH was no probem at all for this car. Even on the road on 301 North which had quite a few hills and valleys the shifting of the transmission was very smooth. Their was some downshifting but very minimal. I tried out something in just putting the car in the manual mode in 6th gear and left it on, when on allot of hills. This stopped downshifting and reduced speed minimally. But their is no need to do this with this car. This car shifts extremely well when it has to. Best of all, this trip used only 14.9 gallons of gas. I had a quarter of a tank of gas to spare for this long trip. I averaged 24.9 MPH that included some stop and go in construction areas and in New York traffic. I couldn't be more happy with the quality of my car. This was my first GM car and my first Cadillac ever in over 40 years of driving. With the quality and performance of this car, I can guarantee you that this will not be my last Cadillac

sube5186
08-17-10, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying your SRX. Love mine too. :thumbsup:

Sube

Other car is a ?
08-17-10, 10:09 PM
Great to hear you like your SRX! I just bought one last week. I haven't driven it much yet, but plan to go on a trip to Chicago next month. I live in Ontario near Niagara Falls.
I too haven't owned a GM product (except for my 70 Camaro) in years. I really like the way the SRX drives & feels on the road. Never thought I'd own a Cadillac.

Ponyman
08-17-10, 11:15 PM
I never thought I would own a Caddy either. After the 05 CTS, then the awesome 08 CTS, another Caddy was just natural, and the SRX is as good as either one of them.

Smokin' SRX
08-18-10, 12:42 AM
For some reason I was fearing my return trip from Richmond, VA to Long Island NY. But I was ecstatic about the quality of the trip which took under 7 hours. My SRX performed fantastically. It had a beautiful soft ride. Driving was extremely comfortable and relaxing. Going 75MPH was no probem at all for this car. Even on the road on 301 North which had quite a few hills and valleys the shifting of the transmission was very smooth. Their was some downshifting but very minimal. I tried out something in just putting the car in the manual mode in 6th gear and left it on, when on allot of hills. This stopped downshifting and reduced speed minimally. But their is no need to do this with this car. This car shifts extremely well when it has to. Best of all, this trip used only 14.9 gallons of gas. I had a quarter of a tank of gas to spare for this long trip. I averaged 24.9 MPH that included some stop and go in construction areas and in New York traffic. I couldn't be more happy with the quality of my car. This was my first GM car and my first Cadillac ever in over 40 years of driving. With the quality and performance of this car, I can guarantee you that this will not be my last Cadillac

With about 1100 miles on my Performance AWD, I share your impressions, except for the "soft" ride. I find it very acceptable, but solid. But I have the 20" wheels.

I reside in Suffolk Cty also! Near Heckscher State Park. Is that you in the dark gray beauty I see around ? :)

Good luck with her!

SS

TheCaptain
08-18-10, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear you enjoy your SRX! I sure love my Premium!

embassy
08-22-10, 01:01 AM
With about 1100 miles on my Performance AWD, I share your impressions, except for the "soft" ride. I find it very acceptable, but solid. But I have the 20" wheels.

I am also finding the ride fairly solid with the 20" wheels. Also a fair amount of road noise with these tires. Comparing to my 07 STS which I lease returned to get the SRX.

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 12:20 PM
No real noise problem. As quiet as my old Enclave, but certain cement roads (as opposed to asphalt) are always noisy.
Gonna increase my tire size by "1" when these wear out. I always replace around 25K miles after reading that we loose about 50% traction when tires are worn about 50%. I worry about that. Will go to a 245/55/20 (or similar) which will give about an extra .4 inches of sidewall for a softer ride. Will throw off speedo reading by 1.6 MPH. I can live with that IF the tire will clear. My shop will work w/me determining that.

Probably a good 8 months before I do it & will post results.

SS

doctormstein1
08-22-10, 03:04 PM
I am also finding the ride fairly solid with the 20" wheels. Also a fair amount of road noise with these tires. Comparing to my 07 STS which I lease returned to get the SRX.

I think that I am getting a little softer ride with the 18" wheels. The road noise also when compared to my Murrano is so much lower with this SRX

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 03:50 PM
I think that I am getting a little softer ride with the 18" wheels. The road noise also when compared to my Murrano is so much lower then this SRX

Yes, 18's yield softer ride. I tested both. that's why I will go to diff brand/size upon replacing my tires...........

Didn't really notice a noise diff...? My 20" are Michelin. Some 20's are NOT!!

What are your 18'S?

doctormstein1
08-22-10, 06:24 PM
Yes, 18's yield softer ride. I tested both. that's why I will go to diff brand/size upon replacing my tires...........

Didn't really notice a noise diff...? My 20" are Michelin. Some 20's are NOT!!

What are your 18'S?

Michelin also

TheCaptain
08-23-10, 01:02 AM
They "should" all be Michelin Latitude Tour HP's... just in the two tire sizes.
I would like to get some 18" rims for winter, non chrome ones, with some winter tires. I do have some time before snow starts flying though. :D
And then eventually get a nice set of those Diamo 39's. mmmm. :drool: (on larger then stock rubber)

Smokin' SRX
08-23-10, 08:10 PM
Some of the 20" factory rubber was Continental Cross Trac's. Don't know where/when/why.....seen them at shop for sale (new take-off's)

If you want some 18" alloy rims, see Ebay, soon. Guy named Nikithefish has them for $475 set. Another guy has them in new chromed! OEM rims. Wants about $1500 a set.

Just found out the larger size 20" ( 235/60/20) I wanted to put on will NOT clear. Only 1/2 inch to spare, between tire and shock tower. That was the increase I was looking for in a sidewall height. Too bad.

Maybe I'll get some 18" rims too. Same size as 20" in all ways, but larger profile size yields extra 3/4" sidewall and a softer ride. Should bolt right on. But I'll check first.

SS

Other car is a ?
09-11-10, 12:29 AM
Just got home (Niagara Falls Ont. area) from Chicago. Can't say enough good things about my SRX. It was so nice getting acquainted with the functions of the car. It rides nice, handles good, accelerates on the on ramps when needed. The stereo is a joy to listen to with the XM. The cruise control @ your finger tips works great! I drove home in 8.5 hrs & my back wasn't sore & I felt relaxed. Fantastic drivers seat. I love it! The car too.

rosco
11-22-10, 09:59 AM
if you need a set of 18 inch rims for winter i am in Midland on