: A/C Interior Cooling

Cooper10
08-17-10, 06:39 PM
How long does it take for the a/c to cool the interior cabin when parked outside
in 95 degree heat?
I keep the a/c on max low temperature , recirculate and max fan speed #8.
The interior takes between 15 and 20 minutes to get comfortable. I just had the condenser and compressor changed last week. Still takes too long to cool inside in the afternoon hot sun. Service bulletin update dated July 16,2010 for a/c that doesnt get cold. Internal a/c desiccant becomes loose in the system and clogs up the condensor and compressor.

Any other SRX owners with the same symptoms?

The dealer gave me a DTS loaner car and the a/c can keep meat frozen instantly.
The Land Rover that I traded for the SRX had instant freezing a/c without
using the recirculate mode in 95 degree afternoon sun.

Not Happy in the Hot Florida Sun

algiorda
08-17-10, 07:41 PM
Hey Cooper10

Mine cools rather quickly; I change the temp to LO, fan on High, Recirculate, and use Top Vents only. My exterior color is Silver which helps as well. This X cools faster than my previous Blue Chip 2004 SRX.

I'm in Tampa also and it's been killer hot down here so I feel your pain.

What exterior color is your X?

Cooper10
08-17-10, 08:20 PM
Exterior color is Goldmist/ Shale Brownstone Interior/ Front side windows dark tint

Ponyman
08-17-10, 11:13 PM
I haven't ever timed ours, but it cools off quickly. Not as fast as our 08 CTS did, but then it has more area to cool.

VXGurl
08-18-10, 01:20 AM
I'm a bit disappointed in the a/c as well. It takes too long to cool down the cab. I can only compare it with my other vehicle, which freezes me in minutes. I never feel that chilled air in the SRX.

A note about design... as much as I love the center console, why did they place the driver side vent directly in the path of the steering wheel? Grrr

I still love my SRX.

sube5186
08-18-10, 01:25 AM
Service bulletin update dated July 16,2010 for a/c that doesn't get cold. Internal a/c desiccant becomes loose in the system and clogs up the condenser and compressor.

I'm a little confused. Did your dealer already confirm that this was the problem with your particular SRX, or are they still examining it to see if this is what's wrong?

Sube

Smokin' SRX
08-18-10, 02:01 AM
Hey Cooper 10! Do you know that as you approach the X, you can hold down the Unlock button on the Remote for 5 seconds and open all windows simultaneously? ( not on base model?) I do this to vent captive, super-heated air. Of course I also remote-start the X, whenever possible, to give the A/C a chance to blow out the hot air trapped in the vents/tubes and get the compressor pumping before I get in. Really helps.

But that desiccant problem you mention must be fixed first, if you have it

Mine blows cold and so will yours :thumbsup:

C&C
08-18-10, 06:24 AM
You'll find that the A/C performance dramatically escalates when the vehicle is in motion. Movement of air past the condenser is essential to optimal operation and the extra rpm's moves more refrigerant through the system. What is your engine rpm at idle (it should be around 750) with the compressor on.

Also, you have to remember, when you are referring to the SRX, you have a lot of 'green house' to cool off, with the extended roof and storage area (compared to a sedan).

Cooper10
08-18-10, 06:35 AM
Sube,
Dealer replaced the condenser and compressor last week and the symptoms are back. The sales Manager explained that GM
redesigned the a/c system without a receiver dryer. The desiccant bag is housed in a tube in the condenser.The design of the
condenser causes all the desiccant powder to escape into the system and plug up the compresser and compresser.
I will have to bring the car back for the technican to check if the system lost the freon charge. I hope the condenser
wasnt manufactured by the same company that made the side molding that keeps falling off.

sube5186
08-18-10, 09:13 AM
Sube,
Dealer replaced the condenser and compressor last week and the symptoms are back. The sales Manager explained that GM
redesigned the a/c system without a receiver dryer. The desiccant bag is housed in a tube in the condenser.The design of the
condenser causes all the desiccant powder to escape into the system and plug up the compressor and compressor.
I will have to bring the car back for the technician to check if the system lost the freon charge. I hope the condenser wasn't manufactured by the same company that made the side molding that keeps falling off.

OK, I got it. This is what disturbs me about GM. They know there's a high probability that this will occur in all SRXs. Otherwise they wouldn't have redesigned the A/C. Yet, instead of issuing a recall, they let all of us drive around in "ticking time bombs", waiting and wondering when this will happen to us. Why not be proactive instead of reactive and modify all of the systems? A rhetorical question of course. It all comes down to one thing....the almighty dollar. Not unique to GM I'm sure. The difference is, GM is supposedly trying to repair their image. Stuff like this doesn't go a long way toward doing that.

Sube

GMJim
08-18-10, 09:30 AM
My A/C hasn't worked to my expectations. The dealer, of course, can't duplicate the problem.
Sometimes it blows cool at best. Not to comforting when it's 95 degrees. I had it in for a liftgate
issue, and the had to disconnect the battery, and download software. It seems to work better
now. Still not like it should.

After all, is the 2010 SRX the first vehicle GM has put A/C into? Right? WTF?

It is a new design/concept for 2010, and there will be problems. I'll take one for the team.

sube5186
08-18-10, 09:41 AM
My A/C hasn't worked to my expectations. The dealer, of course, can't duplicate the problem.
Sometimes it blows cool at best. Not to comforting when it's 95 degrees. I had it in for a liftgate
issue, and the had to disconnect the battery, and download software. It seems to work better
now. Still not like it should.

After all, is the 2010 SRX the first vehicle GM has put A/C into? Right? WTF?

It is a new design/concept for 2010, and there will be problems. I'll take one for the team.

So does it seem to be software or hardware related, or can't you tell? I can guarantee you they changed the design for 2011. Why can't they put that system in yours? You shouldn't settle for this.

Sube

Cooper10
08-18-10, 10:31 AM
Sube,
The last General Motors vehicle that I owned was a 1991 Cadillac Allante. The car was a mechanical nightmare for the 4 years that I owned it. The car had a standing appointment with the Cadillac Service dept every 4 weeks. I drove around in the Cadillac loaner car more than I drove the Allante. The 2010 SRX looks like it has the same track record as the Allante. Since I took deliverly in February in has been in the shop monthly.
The 2008 Land Rover and 2005 BMW X3(Ice Cold a/c) that I owned only visited service for yearly maintenance. The next vehicle will not be a GM product.

stevec5375
08-18-10, 03:31 PM
Sube,
The last General Motors vehicle that I owned was a 1991 Cadillac Allante. The car was a mechanical nightmare for the 4 years that I owned it. The car had a standing appointment with the Cadillac Service dept every 4 weeks. I drove around in the Cadillac loaner car more than I drove the Allante. The 2010 SRX looks like it has the same track record as the Allante. Since I took deliverly in February in has been in the shop monthly.
The 2008 Land Rover and 2005 BMW X3(Ice Cold a/c) that I owned only visited service for yearly maintenance. The next vehicle will not be a GM product.

Amen to that. The U.S. auto industry is going the way of U.S. society--behind the times and lacking in personal responsibility.

lovey8592
08-18-10, 04:36 PM
Another Tampa area resident chiming in! Heat has been brutal this summer here. I try to use my Heatshield whenever possible so my car interior doesn't get as hot in the first place. I use my remote start often, especially when it's been sitting for a while. I leave my air conditioner on Auto so by the time I get to the car, it seems to have cooled down a bit and is closer to my optimum temp. I also try to remember to close the shade on my sunroof to keep it cooler inside. I also keep the car garaged most of the time. Notice that I have a harder time cooling her down when she's sat outside all day and night but that's to be expected. Good luck getting your a/c issues worked out Cooper10! It's really too hot to be in a vehicle with those problems. What dealership do you go to?

KevinOpp
08-19-10, 10:06 PM
i have already complained about this too in some other post a while back-----my 1997 4Runner with a much larger interior compartment cools down that car MUCH more quickly than the SRX can. and to top it off, the first 8 of that car's years were spent in Louisiana and southern Florida. I'm in upstate New York now, and the SRX can't even do what the Toyota did in the deep South? purty lame, IMO. i already pull every trick to get it working best---put everything on max cool when i park it (Heatshield on if i'm not in the garage), so in the morning i can remotely vent the windows and start up the A/C as i'm getting ready to leave.

the other huge difference is the fan/vent power. the 4Runner will literally blow my hair back if i point it at my face. the SRX vents won't even budge a single hair. i do think that's probably an advantage for the auto climate feature, having a more diffuse spread. but when you're really hot.............you would do anything to have that blast in your face power.

p.s.--and nights where i live will be in the 40's-60's, so it's not like it was even baking overnight. but i still have trouble with the morning cool-down on my way to work.

GMJim
08-20-10, 09:32 AM
There is a way to set your Auto fan speed in the DIC. It is set MED from the factory. Set it to high
and you will notice a HUGE difference.

sube5186
08-20-10, 10:08 AM
There is a way to set your Auto fan speed in the DIC. It is set MED from the factory. Set it to high

I think you mean "Configuration Menu". It's OK Jim. We knew what you were thinking. :bouncy:

Sube

stevec5375
08-20-10, 10:51 AM

Yeah. A perfect coif destroyed in seconds. :bwahaharoll4vu:

GMJim
08-20-10, 12:01 PM
The Configuration Menu in the Driver Information Center.

TheCaptain
08-20-10, 01:37 PM
Well, i gotta pipe in and say EDI (Normandy's computer) keeps me on ice in Auto, on medium. :D

But then we are up north already.... lol

stevec5375
08-20-10, 01:40 PM
Well, i gotta pipe in and say EDI (Normandy's computer) keeps me on ice in Auto, on medium. :D

But then we are up north already.... lol

Try one of our 100 degree days here in Austin, TX with a heat index over 110. Then you'll see why people complain about the A/C not keeping up. :thehand:

TheCaptain
08-20-10, 01:44 PM
Try one of our 100 degree days here in Austin, TX with a heat index over 110. Then you'll see why people complain about the A/C not keeping up. :thehand:

No thanks... it was hot enough in Minneapolis when i went, and it only got up to 36*C! (Though EDI was still able to keep us nicely cool.)

110 is like... 43*C? :bonkers:

Ponyman
08-20-10, 02:56 PM
Steve, it is as hot here in Southern, Oklahoma as Austin. My wife's SRX sits out at work all day, and I have questioned her several times about the AC, and she says it cools quickly. My experience with it the few times I drive it is that it cools quickly, and blows very cold air. I have no complaints about it, and I am one of those people who like it cold.

stevec5375
08-20-10, 03:05 PM
Steve, it is as hot here in Southern, Oklahoma as Austin. My wife's SRX sits out at work all day, and I have questioned her several times about the AC, and she says it cools quickly. My experience with it the few times I drive it is that it cools quickly, and blows very cold air. I have no complaints about it, and I am one of those people who like it cold.

I had the dealer check mine out and they say it's working as designed. Maybe my former car just performed better in that respect because it sure seemed to get cold a lot faster than the SRX. Since temperature can be a subjective thing, I'm not going to worry about it.

KevinOpp
08-20-10, 05:49 PM
my post was based on the Config setting already turned to high, fyi.

sube5186
08-21-10, 10:33 AM
This thread seems to be made up of two groups of people. First, are those whose A/C is blowing only "cool" air. These people are convinced this is just as good as it gets with the SRX. Second, are the people whose SRXs blow "cold" air. I am an iceberg fanatic, as my wife can attest to. Anything less than ice cold is inadequate for my tastes. I fall into the latter group. I can unequivocally state that blowing only cool air is NOT normal for this vehicle. If you fall into the former group, get your vehicle checked out. THIS IS NOT NORMAL for the SRX!

Sube

stevec5375
08-21-10, 02:46 PM
This thread seems to be made up of two groups of people. First, are those whose A/C is blowing only "cool" air. These people are convinced this is just as good as it gets with the SRX. Second, are the people whose SRXs blow "cold" air. I am an iceberg fanatic, as my wife can attest to. Anything less than ice cold is inadequate for my tastes. I fall into the latter group. I can unequivocally state that blowing only cool air is NOT normal for this vehicle. If you fall into the former group, get your vehicle checked out. THIS IS NOT NORMAL for the SRX!

Sube

I would agree with your assessment of the cool/cold crowds. However, those are terms that need real numbers associated with them to have any tangible meaning. If you consider your car cold, what is the temperature of the air that is blowing out of the vents? When was this reading taken? Right after you got into a hot car or 15 minutes after it has "cooled" off?

I can't go back to the dealer complaining about my "cool" air when they're telling me that it is "working as designed". Of course at my dealership, that could actually mean "hey! It's blowing something other than hot and we have more important customers to piss off."

So please give me some real number with which to work or I'm basically stuck.

Ponyman
08-21-10, 02:48 PM
I agree with Sube. My SRX blows COLD air and lots of it. I too am an eskimo. On a trip of any length, my wife will have all her vents turned off. The rest of the air is blowing at me, and she keeps a little throw in the car that she uses. I guess it is because I work outside in the heat and when I am in the car, or home, I want to be comfortable, and to me that means cold. I don't know why some of these cars are performing to expectations, and why some are not. Build date doesn't seem to have anything to do with it becasue we have early cars and late not working properly.

algiorda
08-21-10, 08:52 PM
Let's see what numbers we are getting. Use a thermometer in the vent to measure the cold temp and lets do some comparisons.

stevec5375
08-21-10, 09:11 PM
Let's see what numbers we are getting. Use a thermometer in the vent to measure the cold temp and lets do some comparisons.

Good idea. Can we also state the car's ambient temperature before the measurement is taken at the vent? I'm not trying to complicate things here but if someone takes a measurement after first getting in the car in 100 degree outdoor temps like we have here in Central Texas AND the car was sitting out in it with the sunroof open, they are going to get a wildly different reading than someone who garages their vehicle and lives in Canada (TheCaptain).

None of this, of course, is scientific, but it's a starting point.

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 05:45 PM
Great idea! I've done this on most of my cars! Every car I've had blew about 45-53 degrees (F) after a cool down period of 10 minutes, on Recirculate mode, (button with little curved arrow on it must be lit), fan 1 notch below highest setting. NOT Auto mode. The SRX blows 50 degrees! (90F degrees out,sunny,humid)

This almost eliminates outside temps and pre-start temps as a concern. The performance at vents should be between 45-52 degrees F, according to my local A/C shop. Thermometer must be in/taped to actual vent opening itself. He says idle speed is sufficient but I drove mine locally (rpms over 1,000 consistently) Took about 10 minutes of driving to hit 50. May have gone down another 1-2 in another 20 minutes, but u get the idea.

Who is next ??

SS

2010 srx owner
08-25-10, 10:59 PM
I bought a srx about six weeks ago and the A/C works fine for local driving but when I drive it for about 1 hour then it quits cooling. It is at the dealer now trying to correct the problem. I will let you know how it turns out.
How long does it take for the a/c to cool the interior cabin when parked outside
in 95 degree heat?
I keep the a/c on max low temperature , recirculate and max fan speed #8.
The interior takes between 15 and 20 minutes to get comfortable. I just had the condenser and compressor changed last week. Still takes too long to cool inside in the afternoon hot sun. Service bulletin update dated July 16,2010 for a/c that doesnt get cold. Internal a/c desiccant becomes loose in the system and clogs up the condensor and compressor.

Any other SRX owners with the same symptoms?

The dealer gave me a DTS loaner car and the a/c can keep meat frozen instantly.
The Land Rover that I traded for the SRX had instant freezing a/c without
using the recirculate mode in 95 degree afternoon sun.

Not Happy in the Hot Florida Sun

PJ1520
08-26-10, 12:28 PM
OK, I got it. This is what disturbs me about GM. They know there's a high probability that this will occur in all SRXs. Otherwise they wouldn't have redesigned the A/C. Yet, instead of issuing a recall, they let all of us drive around in "ticking time bombs", waiting and wondering when this will happen to us. Why not be proactive instead of reactive and modify all of the systems? A rhetorical question of course. It all comes down to one thing....the almighty dollar. Not unique to GM I'm sure. The difference is, GM is supposedly trying to repair their image. Stuff like this doesn't go a long way toward doing that.

Sube

Sube.....I don't think so. Every person with the 2010 SRX, from Canada to the Gulf, Atlantic to Pacific, uses their a/c and KNOWS if it is working well or not....they have their other vehicles past and present (SUVs, crossovers, etc.) to compare to.

My opinion? Either GM is not set on the actual cause for most of the failing units or it has a parts problem/available labor problem standing in the way. Either way, GM will have to service all of these vehicles sooner or later. Owner loyalty and market share hang in the balance, so they better make a decision and belly up quickly.

As GM Jim says, A/C has been around in autos for about 55 years. This situation is not acceptable, no matter what the cause or the fix is, no matter what the vehicle or the cost of it. And as I have said previously, the manufacturers do a poor job of assembling repair and TSB info in a manner a tech could use.....or an analyst could dial into and summarize for action.

PJ1520
08-26-10, 01:49 PM
Great idea! I've done this on most of my cars! Every car I've had blew about 45-53 degrees (F) after a cool down period of 10 minutes, on Recirculate mode, (button with little curved arrow on it must be lit), fan 1 notch below highest setting. NOT Auto mode. The SRX blows 50 degrees! (90F degrees out,sunny,humid)

This almost eliminates outside temps and pre-start temps as a concern. The performance at vents should be between 45-52 degrees F, according to my local A/C shop. Thermometer must be in/taped to actual vent opening itself. He says idle speed is sufficient but I drove mine locally (rpms over 1,000 consistently) Took about 10 minutes of driving to hit 50. May have gone down another 1-2 in another 20 minutes, but u get the idea.

Who is next ??

SS

Smokin has hit the nail on the head.

It doesn't matter of it's 110 degrees outside or 60 degrees outside (ambient temperature). It doesn't matter if your car just came out of an air conditioned dealership service area or has been baking in the sun for 8 hours. It doesn't matter what the interior temperature of the vehicle has reached before you started things up. It doesn't matter what color your car's exterior and interior are, whether you had the sunshade open or closed, or use a windshield screen. It doesn't matter if you have the system on recirculate versus fresh air. The fan speed doesn't matter since it just blows what is produced. Nor does it matter that you are driving a big box and have to cool down more square footage because of the open luggage area versus an automobile with a trunk. Sure, all of these things may determine how long it takes to cool everything down. But we all have gotten way off track.

THE ONLY thing that matters in this discussion is what air temperature your air conditioner is blowing out at at the dash discharge vents after about five minutes of driving......and whether it continues to do so the longer you drive.

Smokin's local a/c shop hit the numbers pretty much on target: set at the lowest temperature, the unit should hit 45 to 52 degrees at the discharge vents and stay there if you so choose. Granted, my repair guys over the past four four decades say the units should be blowing 44-46 degrees at the discharge vents, but that is just noise level and confirms what Smokin said. And I'll bet if those whose a/c units are working properly would measure and report to us, they would be getting the same readings.

The a/c temperatures at the evaporator and the evaporator coil toward the front end of the entire a/c system should be around 32 degrees. And mid to high 40s at the back end......no ifs, ands, or buts. This hasn't changed since these auto a/c units were invented!!!!!!!!!!

If I sound angry it is because I am, and I apologize. I am angry and disappointed because of the way those of us with underperforming or non-performing units are being treated. This stuff isn't rocket science. It is primarily a mechanical process with a tad of basic physics thrown in, simple nonetheless. Save for the automatic climate control and perhaps a little computer tie-in, the basic components of freakin automobile a/c systems have changed little since Packard started putting them in their vehicles in 1939!

Ponyman
08-28-10, 09:58 PM
Went to Dallas today for a shopping trip and to take the son and his live in out to lunch. Stayed in the mall for about 2 hours. When we came out the car was hot and the outside temp according to the display in the car was 98 degrees. Within 5 minutes of starting the car it was comfortable, and soon got very cold. On the way home to Oklahoma, my wife turned all of her vents off and kept turning the fan speed down. I had taken a thermometer with me, and after the car cooled down, on the trip home, the temp showed 48 degrees at the vents. I got this thermometer from the lab where I work. It is brand new and should be showing the accurate temperature. I need to take the temperature of my HHR and Avalanche also for comparison. Also, they have a test at the lab to check the accuracy of the thermometer before they use it for tests. I will get them to check my thermometer tommorrow for accuracy.

2010sled
08-29-10, 11:31 AM
if you dont think its right, stop whineing and take it to your dealer. I stuck a probe in mine and it was 43 and it cool my car fast, thats all i can ask of it

Ponyman
08-29-10, 03:43 PM
I wasn't whineing, you jerk. Steve asked us to see what the temps of our cars were so that we could compare them. I am entirely satisfied with how my AC is cooling the car. I only posted this so that others could compare their car to what mine and others that post helpful posts are doing. Why don't you take a flying leap if you don't have anything constructive to say.

2010sled
08-29-10, 04:51 PM
baby men pay me a lot of money to take a flying leap.

Ponyman
08-29-10, 07:53 PM
I doubt it.

PJ1520
08-30-10, 03:39 PM
I'll bet some of you who are having these issues and have gotten little help from your dealers have been sorely tempted to see if a private automotive A/C repair specialist could sort things out and get your units working.

PJ1520
09-02-10, 01:59 PM
I'll bet some of you who are having these issues and have gotten little help from your dealers have been sorely tempted to see if a private automotive A/C repair specialist could sort things out and get your units working.

I guess not.

The reason I posed this idea is because there is precedence within Cadillac. The first generation SRX had a water leak where the water was winding up in the rear jack storage area under the 3rd row seat, model years from 2004 through the 2008. The issue seemed to befuddle far too many dealers over several years, despite customers' repeated trips back to get the leak issue straightened out.

However, one poster indicated his dealer actually hired a water leak specialist who sorted things out rather quickly!

Why can't GM do the same with these 2010 SRX air conditioning issues? Now you may point out that GM HAD TO HAVE thought of this and tried this already, even if they had to do this quietly so as not to make themselves look incapable of sorting the issue out.

But the water leak issue mentioned above, which dragged on through 5 model years, says otherwise. Same story with the FirstGen balky UltraView roofs issue which I believe was finally rectified after 4 model years with a switch of roof tracks/rails.

If I were sitting in a second generation SRX in (pick your temperature) degree heat with inadequate a/c and no fix in sight from either the dealers or GM, I might be inclined to PAY an expert out of pocket to diagnose it and get it ironed out, and then seek reimbursement from GM.

Does anyone have any info for how widespread these air conditioning issues are?

stevec5375
09-02-10, 02:17 PM
Sorry I haven't replied to this thread with my at-the-vent A/C temp. I need to purchase a thermometer and just haven't done so yet.

Ponyman
09-02-10, 04:34 PM
An update to my temperature post for my SRX. I got the lab at work to check my thermometer against a certified one. Mine was showing about a degree and a half too warm. This means my SRX is blowing at the vent about 46 degree air. I know if you leave it on recirculate, it will run you out of the car after a while. I love it cold, but with the wife turning her center vent toward me, even I have to turn it down sometimes on long trips.

stevec5375
09-02-10, 05:36 PM
What's the best kind of thermometer to get for this test? Where can I find one? I don't want to go buy some really cheap thing that won't do the job correctly. On the other hand, I won't have much use for it after this test either.

Joke: What's the difference between an oral and an anal thermometer?

Smokin' SRX
09-02-10, 11:34 PM
I know......the TASTE! OUCH!@!

Any junk thermometer will give you some good idea. One guy took his Niagra Falls souvenir apart for the little red, thermometer on a plastic card! It's an old technology and easily duplicated. Test it next to your home thermostat for a while first. See if it reads similar.

SS

stevec5375
09-06-10, 01:58 PM
I used a digital thermometer that I borrowed from a friend who is a piano technician. He assured me that it's is very accurate. I got a reading at the main vent just left of the radio of 37.2 degrees Fahrenheit. It looks like mine is cooling much better than I initially thought. I took several readings while I was driving around by just hold the thermometer to the front of the vent. The outside temp was 94* F.

Smokin' SRX
09-07-10, 03:58 PM
Wow! After reading this I re-tested mine and it hit 43 degrees after about 15 minutes at cruise!

SS

PJ1520
09-07-10, 04:50 PM
My point exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some folks' a/c is working correctly/beautifully and some folks' a/c unit is not. MEASURED AT THE DISCHARGE VENTS!!!

Remember. These a/c units' compressor cycles on and off as required. They cycle off when the desired vehicle interior temperature is reached, under brisk acceleration, and when the temperature at the evaporator/cooling coil becomes too low.... in order to prevent freezing at the coil. The rate at which the a/c units cycle is nearly seemless to the vehicle occupants from a discharge vent temperature standpoint.

It sounds to me from reading this thread that for some folks' their air conditioning units never blow at the correct temperature to begin with. For others the units start out blowing nice and cold but for some reason shut down and never resume cooling the air at the correct temperature.

stevec5375
09-07-10, 05:55 PM
My point exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some folks' a/c is working correctly/beautifully and some folks' a/c unit is not. MEASURED AT THE DISCHARGE VENTS!!!

Remember. These a/c units' compressor cycles on and off as required. They cycle off when the desired vehicle interior temperature is reached, under brisk acceleration, and when the temperature at the evaporator/cooling coil becomes too low.... in order to prevent freezing at the coil. The rate at which the a/c units cycle is nearly seemless to the vehicle occupants from a discharge vent temperature standpoint.

It sounds to me from reading this thread that for some folks' their air conditioning units never blow at the correct temperature to begin with. For others the units start out blowing nice and cold but for some reason shut down and never resume cooling the air at the correct temperature.

The digital thermometer I used had a min/max button which would show you the highest/lowest temp. reached until a reset button was pressed. When I first turned on the thermometer, I pressed the reset button to clear it then drove around for a while with the instrument held right against the vent face. After a while I checked the minimum and it was at the 37.2 reading I mentioned in my previous post. I did this a few times and got the same thing. Therefore, I know that it is consistent.