Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What music do you all cruise around listening to in your STS?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  next2pool 
#1 ·
My friend asked me a question that got me curious so I figured I'd post it. What he had asked was "how many other STS owners drive around playing metal?"

I actually play a lot more than metal. Occasionally jazz, blues, classic rock, and I'm a huge fan of progressive rock, both old and new. Bozzio Levin Stevens, King Crimson and Liquid Tension Experiment get heavy playtime, as do heavier bands like Testament, Heathen, Exodus, Iron Maiden, Fates Warning and Nevermore. Of course that's leaving a lot out too, but playing fast songs like Testament's DNR or Over the Wall always ends up with me looking at the speedometer and finding I'm doing double the speed limit since I got the STS.

When I had my '84 Park Ave, everyone called that the mafia mobile or the pimp mobile, so I made sure to carry around Italian operas with me, and some loud bass, keys and drums music that sounded like it was from some cheap adult film (yes I have a sense of humor).

#5 ·
... and some loud bass, keys and drums music that sounded like it was from some cheap adult film (yes I have a sense of humor).
Such as... http://www.fluffertrax.com/

Since I live in a major metropolitan area with excellent 3G phone service, I use a variety of streaming audio apps on my phone through the car's AUX port. I'll listen to almost anything except hip-hop and opera. Most common choices are:
  • old time radio (detectives, sci-fi, mystery - nice little 25 minutes stories great for just about any local drive)
  • Disney theme park audio
  • various jazz sub-genres (Big Band, Bop, Lounge)
  • movie themes/soundtracks (e.g., XM's Cinemagic)
  • Grunge Rock / Classic Rock / even some Pop
  • Tech news/talk podcasts (twit.tv, etc.)
  • a Hawaiian radio station - Island 98.5, almost commercial free during my 'morning drive'/their overnight (iHeartRadio app)

I get most of this through Live365.com, a great streaming audio site that let's you drill into some very specific genres - such as the over 20 Disney specific streams.

#6 ·
I listen to a lot, mostly either Metal or Chillout. I guess that might average out to something sane. Been on a big Ensiferum & Wintersun kick (Jari Mäenpää kicks ass), and Bluetech kick. Either stuff I have saved, or via Pandora/Slacker/di.fm. Or I'll just queue up a movie that I know well and listen. All over iphone to the aux port. Been considering getting a bluetooth receiver to hook to the Aux to reduce a little wear & tear on the phone jack. The wife has an aftermarket head unit with bluetooth in her car and I'm insanely jealous, it's great.

I guess that's my way more than you wanted to know about me post for today ;)

#15 ·
I can give you some metal bands to check out -- I'm a bit more old school for the most part but if you're new to the genre, you might find something you like ;)

I'll give some recommended albums to start with:
Testament - The Legacy, The Gathering, New World Order
Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos
Slayer - Reign In Blood, World Painted Blood
Nevermore - The Politics Of Ecstasy, Dead Heart In A Dead World
Exodus - Bonded By Blood, Fabulous Disaster
Annihilator - Alison In Hell, King of the Kill

There's some kickass metal you've probably never heard of... I can give more if you like it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.