: Exit assist help needed

nick1bum
08-16-10, 03:43 PM
The dealer set my exit assist when I took delivery on our 2010 SRX. It seemed to work fine, now when I get in I have to push the #1 button for it to move forward. When I get out the seat goes back but it doesn't go forward when I get in.

Is there something I might have done to turn it off? I checked the configuration and the exit assist is on.

Would appreciate any help as I read the book over and over and can't find that anything is set wrong.

2010sled
08-16-10, 06:33 PM
i dont know but if you use the remote to open doors seats will return to your settings

TheCaptain
08-16-10, 07:39 PM
That's the way exit assist is supposed to work, or so i was told. And if i understand the manual correctly.
You have to push/hold the button to go back to your seat position.

algiorda
08-17-10, 08:51 AM
Sounds about right and it's one of the frustrating things about the new SRX. I constantly have to lock the vehicle and then Unlock it to have the seat return to it's preset position. So say I'm washing the car in the driveway; after I pull the car out of the garage I have to lock it so that when I'm done, the seat (radio, pedals, mirror, and Lumbar support) return to my personalized position. It's a pain when you have to open the doors to step on the running boards to dry the roof.

My old SRX would change the personalization settings as soon as I put my numbered Key/Fob in the ignition. I guess it makes sense to do it this way without keyless entry.

nick1bum
08-17-10, 10:40 AM
So Captain, you're saying that I have to hold the numbered button in and do it manually. Algiorda, you're saying that if I lock it from the outside with the fob and then unlock it with the fob it will return on it's own. When my wife get's home I'm going to try the lock and unlock and let you know what happens.

algiorda
08-17-10, 01:08 PM
Yep...you've got it right...If you see other behavior then something isn't configured correctly on the Config screen.

TheCaptain
08-17-10, 05:16 PM
It's not 100% "manual" per say, as you only touch/hold one button, but yes, that is how the new SRX's seat memory is designed. Don't ask me why... :hmm:

nick1bum
08-18-10, 01:46 PM
Well, it must be semi-automatic. I just tried the remote lock and unlock method and still the same, goes back but not forward. I could have sworn it worked by itself when I got it but might be confused with the 07 we had. My wife mostly drives this car and she doesn't remember how it was in the beginning either.

Smokin' SRX
08-19-10, 04:23 PM
Well, you can Configure the settings so it does NOT slide back upon exit, (see Comfort & Convenience; Easy Exit) , plus choose if you want to manually press the Memory button , on the seat (1 or 2) to get into your favorite driving position, or have it move automatically, upon unlocking ( and opening door), with the remote that last locked it. (See Start/Lock/Unlock under Configuration: Vehicle. Yes, a different menu field!

Most folks don't like this last configuration, as it defeats the purpose of having a Memory seat, if it moves into your personalized driving position as soon as you Unlock it and open door, making it harder to get in!

That's the best I've been able to accomplish so far........

It shoulda been designed such that: as soon as you press Start, it would "see" the remote that unlocked it and move into your position only then. Or at least make the Memory buttons (UNLIGHTED!!) a One-touch like the windows, DUH!

My old SRX was much smarter, at least in the Memory seat division.....

SS

nick1bum
08-20-10, 06:12 PM
Thanks Smokin, I didn't realize that there were other settings. The book is a little hard to follow at times. I agree that it should move into position when you hit the start. I doubt that I'm going to bother setting it to move forward when unlocked as colder weather and coats and jackets are not far off, it would be a little uncomfortable getting into when the seat is forward.

Smokin' SRX
08-21-10, 11:26 AM
Guess us 2 little guys have more combined common sense than all of GM, on this one..................

Ain't a perfect world......

SS