: Another newbie with another trunk related issue (95 FWB)



IntrstlarOvrdrve
08-16-10, 12:16 AM
Hey all, it seems as though I'm starting to have issues with my trunk closing. I have searched but didn't really find quite what I was looking for. My trunk shuts and pulls itself tight about 75% of the time, the other 25% when its raining, snowing or I'm late for work the trunk does not catch and I will literally stand there for up to 5-10min repeatedly shutting it attempting to get it to grab. I know the actuator still works and I can push that little tab and get it to go up and down even when its not catching. I can't figure out how to adjust it or if it can be adjusted. What do I need to do here?? Thanks!

outsider
08-16-10, 09:50 AM
maybe you need to lube up the "grabber" mechanism...not sure what it's actually called but the part of the pulldown that grabs the tab on the trunk lid.

9ine3reefleet
08-16-10, 12:00 PM
maybe you need to lube up the "grabber" mechanism...not sure what it's actually called but the part of the pulldown that grabs the tab on the trunk lid.

Same thing happened to me. I tried the lube thing and didnt work. Your motor may be on the brink of shutdown. You may be able to find one at a local junkyard if not in a fleetwood, a lincoln will do (I think 90-94). I enjoyed my pulldown but after moments like the ones you mentioned (being stuck in the rain, late for work) I gave up and manually lowered the gear for it to stay down and disabled the pulldown so the "trunk ajar" light would shut off.

HUF
08-16-10, 10:18 PM
Or just go manual and trouble-free.