: Does anyone have a tutorial on how to replace the DRL (Daytime Running Lamps)?

Dead_Cow
08-15-10, 12:24 PM
My passenger side is out. It looks like I have to remove the bumper to replace it. Really? Does anyone have a tutorial or a couple of pages from the service manual they could give me in PDF? Should changing a few bulbs really be this big of a deal?

CadillacSTS42005
08-15-10, 12:34 PM
Doubtful but heres the GM specs on how to pull the headlamp

Remove the front fascia assembly. Refer to Fascia, Extension, Reinforcement, Impact Bar Replacement - Front Bumper in Bumpers.
Remove the headlamp assembly. Refer to Headlamp, Fog Lamp, Turn Signal Lamp, Side Marker Lamp Replacement - Front .

doowap57
08-15-10, 12:37 PM
I have NEVER removed the fascia, or front bumper, Remove the respective
wheel, and inside wheel cover and there they are,I have a pictured post,
here, but do not remember the name of it, probably, bulbs, bulbs,bulbs.
Much easier, I think than removing the bumper !
You decide....:yup::yup:

Dead_Cow
08-16-10, 02:46 PM
I have NEVER removed the fascia, or front bumper, Remove the respective
wheel, and inside wheel cover and there they are,I have a pictured post,
here, but do not remember the name of it, probably, bulbs, bulbs,bulbs.
Much easier, I think than removing the bumper !
You decide....:yup::yup:
I found your tread, in it you also say that the headlamps are not accessible through the wheel well (where the DRLs are). Awesome. I need to remove the front fascia in order to change a stupid tiny bulb. Awesome engineering thinking. :)

doowap57
08-16-10, 06:56 PM
Sorry, i thought you were talking about the Amber ones, below the fogs.
They are Running lights also.They go on when in gear.:cool2::cool2:

EChas3
08-17-10, 10:48 PM
A lot of members insist it isn't as hard as most of us imagine. A couple bolts and less than a dozen plastic clips (if my memory serves.) I'm still under CPO but haven't lost a bulb.

polarbear05
08-18-10, 01:01 PM
If ur talking about the little bulbs on the the head lights I think there 194 not sure well u can do it by removing the grill an do it from there it's kinda hard to do it but I done it like that.. I think it was much faster then removing the hole bumper..