: The Old Gentleman turned 50 last night

Robin Banx
08-15-10, 12:14 PM
Last night our 83 FWB rolled over 50,000 miles. I knew it was about to happen so I took my camera with me to record the event. If I knew how to get pix on our site here, I would show you all.
Back in February, I ordered a new wire from Dave Adler's "Motorspot" website to replace one that was slowly turning orange. I sent him a photo of the car and asked that he verify that his wheel would match the rest of the wheels on the car. Last week I went to his site to enquire as to the status of my order. Imagine my surprise and delight when I found that our Old Gentleman had joined Mr. Garrett and Mr. Norwood on the Motorspot website.

http://www.hobbycar.com/1977Cadillac.html if anyone is interested.

Cheers.......R.

Stingroo
08-15-10, 12:41 PM
That's pretty awesome. :) Your car looks great.

MudAnt
08-15-10, 02:24 PM
Haven't those wheels been "Temporarily out of stock - due to popular demand" for the past year or so?

Robin Banx
08-15-10, 02:37 PM
Yes and I'm still at the head of the long line.......

77CDV
08-15-10, 02:54 PM
Fabulous car. Congratulations on the 50K milestone.

The-Dullahan
08-15-10, 11:25 PM
That's why I didn't order mine there. they said they were expecting to have some in February I found I was better off looking elsewhere.

sven914
08-16-10, 01:39 AM
That is a fine looking car...

As for posting pictures, I find it easier to use Cardomain.com (http://www.cardomain.com/), to store the pics online. You can post the url of the picture to this site using the http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.png icon.

Robin Banx
08-16-10, 11:06 PM
Sven..... I tried a test post of pix of the speedo before the roll over and just after taken with my new Fuji F70 camera which has a 10 Megapix rating. The photos were so large as to be useless to the forum. They came out huge. Each shot was in the order of 3.8 mb in size. Nice camera but WTF do I do now??

Stingroo
08-16-10, 11:48 PM
Upload them to Imageshack and they'll auto resize. :)

jayoldschool
08-16-10, 11:58 PM
Photobucket also re-sizes. That's what I use.

Robin Banx
08-17-10, 12:54 AM
That's why I didn't order mine there. they said they were expecting to have some in February I found I was better off looking elsewhere.

I sent Dave a note yesterday and he says they are preparing shipments now. Get your credit card out and prepare to give it a sound thrashing. Nothing like a hearse with wires. Check my album for a killer hearse at Victoria last year.
Cheers.....R.

Robin Banx
08-17-10, 12:57 AM
Jay, they didn't resize the two that I tried in yesterday's test. The pix were the full 3.8 Mb which is far too large to post here.

Cheers.......R.

Bro-Ham
08-17-10, 01:23 AM
Congratulations on rolling over 50k miles. Every mile with an HT4100 is a blessing and your car is still young so enjoy it! Love the color. :)

sven914
08-17-10, 03:08 PM
Another site I occasionally use is Lunapic (http://www.lunapic.com/editor/). They allow you select the canvas size, ranging from 450X450 to 1000X1000. Just select the canvas size before you upload the picture.

jayoldschool
08-17-10, 05:04 PM
There is definitely a setting on Photobucket to resize all uploads. It does for me. I'll see if I can find it...

Robin Banx
08-18-10, 02:34 AM
In the meantime, the two wires I need to replace the orange ones on the right side are now on US soil. I would expect to receive them sometime next week.

Cheers.......R.

Robin Banx
09-05-10, 10:59 PM
Motorspot has come through with two wires to replace the one that was seriously orange and the other that was showing signs of orange. The wheels are as Dave Adler said they would be and I will be doing the change over this coming weekend. Gotta love wires on a gentleman's Cadillac.

jayoldschool
09-05-10, 11:36 PM
Do you think it was the clear coat failing on the repros? I haven't seen the OE ones go orange...

Robin Banx
09-09-10, 01:58 AM
Jay, the ones that went orange were from a 1984 FWB parts car that I scrapped (another sad story for another thread) but were stamp dated 1983 and were gennie factory wires. I will be posting some pix here as I review the replacement wires.