: Sad day

2010sled
08-14-10, 06:44 PM
MY GORGES BLACK PREMIE GOT THE REAR DECK KEYED, AND I MEAN KEYED
:crybaby:

Ponyman
08-14-10, 07:14 PM
I don't know why people have no respect for another person's property. Jealous, i don't know. You have my sympathy. This happened to my classic Mach 1 Mustang, they keyed the upper door, and to get it right, we had to paint almost the entire side and fade the paint out. It was a yellow that was hard to match. If there is any "good" side to this, black will be very easy to match and you will never be able to tell it happened. I know this is no consolation, but it can be fixed by a good body shop to new condition.

stevec5375
08-14-10, 11:20 PM
I would pay someone $1000 to catch someone in the act doing this to my car. I would see to it that they regretted it in a BIG way.

VXGurl
08-14-10, 11:48 PM
I would pay someone $1000 to catch someone in the act doing this to my car. I would see to it that they regretted it in a BIG way.

+2

Ooooooo, keyed a Mach I? If there was ever a time to truly go "postal" on someone...

DarrinMI
08-15-10, 08:40 AM
You have my sympathy and it will make you mad for weeks to come. It is fixable, mine was keyed from the passenger side front door to the taillight. It made me sick everytime I saw it. It makes you wonder what motivates people to destroy others property, jealousy I guess. Find a good body shop and don't let it get you down.

Ponyman
08-15-10, 09:59 AM
Get it fixed as soon as possible. When the damage is repaired, it will all go away quickly. I know you will still be mad that it happened, and it may cost you some deductible, but it will be worth it. As
Steve said I would like to catch someone doing this to my car. Then maybe not, cause my rage and anger might make me go overboard. Closest I have ever come is when i caught a lady parked next to me throw her huge purse/bag on the hood of my car, ( not the SRX) search for her keys, and then drag the bag across the hood. It was one of these thing with metal studs and zippers all over it. Left scratches down to the primer, and it was a 90's chevy when they used a white primer under that red paint. I was quicker than her, pulled my car where she couldn't back out, and called the police. Her insurance eventually had to pay to have my hood repainted. Boy was she mad, she didn't think she had done anything wrong. I guess i am just too picky with my vehicles.

stevec5375
08-15-10, 01:04 PM
I try to park in out-of-the-way places and try not to be so obvious as to draw attention to it. Out of sight, out of mind. However, this reminds me of a friend of mine who bought the first Lexus 400 model when it came out. We went to lunch and he parked way out in this parking lot away from everyone else with the driver side against a curb island. When we came out, some dweeb had parked so close to the passenger side of his car that the only way the perpetrator could get out of his own car was to climb over the passenger seat. Unbelievable! The lengths some will go to in order to make an ass out of themselves. My friend had to back out in order for me to even get in. At least he was spared the key though.

lovey8592
08-15-10, 01:13 PM
2010Sled, I feel your pain! I was driving to Atl from Tampa, and a loose log in a pickup flew out of the back and into the side of my SRX! I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! It was less than a month old!! I couldn't even catch the guy to let him know what happened. The log managed to scrape every panel on my right side!! To make matters worse, I took it in to the dealership to get it repaired, got it back and the paint job was horrible (Platinum Ice)! Looked great in the blinding sun, but in the shade there's an obvious paint difference. Lot's of white and NO pearl. Makes me so sad! And on top of that, the interior had black grease spots all over the seat and door. They say it must have been from the tow truck company. Whatever!! I'm turning it back in tomorrow so they can try to fix the paint but I'm not feeling so optimistic right now. Although it was not intentional like someone keying it, I was just crushed and now I'm afraid it will be a nightmare to fix.

algiorda
08-15-10, 01:46 PM
Any possibility of using the Rear Camera as a DVR / Surveillance system? How about some side mirror cameras as well? I'm sure this can be done. I've seen some YouTube videos of people caught in the act of vandalism. It's a shame we have to resort to this but it might stop the vandals once and for all.

Baldtop
08-15-10, 02:13 PM
This is why I will never own a gun. If someone did that purposely to my brand new car and I saw them do it------------

stevec5375
08-15-10, 03:47 PM
What's interesting about the destruction of other's property is that the people doing this are causing everyone's insurance rates to be higher, even their own. How did the gene pool be allowed to get this polluted?

Ponyman
08-15-10, 04:51 PM
Lovey, I can see where Platinumn Ice is going to be a hard color to match. It s so subjective, as to what the painter sees when he is painting, compared to the rest of the car. I don't know about your area, but around Southern, Oklahoma, the better body shops are not located at the cealerships. In fact most of our local dealers don't even have their own shops anymore.

Smokin' SRX
08-15-10, 09:04 PM
I feel your pain. Only car I ever had keyed was my 2004 SRX when it was new, while at my doctors office. You've heard "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? I believe vandalism is the highest form of jealousy".
I pity them cause they may never know the happiness you will surely regain ( with some effort) when your work of art is restored to it's full glory. Sad for them and I'm so grateful we are not like them.
It's worth the cost!

SS

lovey8592
08-16-10, 11:56 AM
Lovey, I can see where Platinumn Ice is going to be a hard color to match. It s so subjective, as to what the painter sees when he is painting, compared to the rest of the car. I don't know about your area, but around Southern, Oklahoma, the better body shops are not located at the cealerships. In fact most of our local dealers don't even have their own shops anymore.

You're right! My dealership doesn't have a collision shop, they use another Cadillac dealership so I see what you mean. I've been advised (after the fact) that I should have took it some place else but hindsight is 20/20. I just dropped it back off to see if they can repair the damage. Sigh!! They have been very cooperative but the lack of quality control and inconvenience of it all has me really disappointed. If I ever have to have any paint work done again, I definitely won't take it there.

cz9h3d
08-16-10, 03:10 PM
Back in the early 90's a parking structure support pole crunched my wife's Pontiac LeMans' fender (yea, the Korean Kar) - she said it (the pole) was moving fast! Anyways, the car was silver metallic, and after using a crappy bodyshop for a previous repair on my black car (a very cool Buick Skyhawk T-type), I "interviewed" potential shops. Jan's Spectrum Auto Body in Tempe, AZ did an awesome job (http://www.jansspectrum.com). They removed all hardware/moldings, installed a new fender, and blended the color into the door to get a perfect match. It was funny to see a LeMans in the shop next to Ferarris getting full restorations. If you care, it pays to spend some time looking for a good shop. You could eat of the floor of that shop, it was so clean.

BTW - I had the original shop repair my Skyhawk twice - obvious bumps in bondo and drips in paint. And then a couple years later when the repair failed, I paid a guy who did extra work out of his home to do it again.

cbeeches
08-16-10, 06:11 PM
I hate that crap too. Door dings are another favorite of the jealous. I agree, I try to park out of the way and only near newer vehicles