: Explained: Why Men Today Are So Feminine

Lord Cadillac
08-14-10, 05:47 PM
Female Infants Growing Breasts: Another Disaster From Hormones in Milk Production
John Robbins
August 10, 2010 07:00 AM

People are very upset about this, and for good reason. Female infants in China who have been fed formula have been growing breasts.

According to the official Chinese Daily newspaper, medical tests performed on the babies found levels of estrogens circulating in their bloodstreams that are as high as those found in most adult women. These babies are between four and 15 months old. And the evidence is overwhelming that the milk formula they have been fed is responsible.

Synutra, the company that makes the baby formula consumed by these babies, says it's not their fault. They insist that "no man-made hormones or any illegal substances were added during the production of the milk powder."

Then what is the source of the hormones? A Chinese dairy association says the hormones could have entered the food chain when farmers reared the cows. "Since a regulation forbidding the use of hormones to cultivate livestock has yet to be drawn up in China," says Wang Dingmian, the former chairman of the dairy association in the southern province of Guangdo, "it would be lying to say nobody uses it." Bovine growth hormones are used in China, as they are in the U.S., to promote greater milk production.

An extraordinary number of food products sold in the U.S. today come from China. Could some of this tainted formula be making its way to the U.S.?

There is currently no way for consumers to know whether infant formula they might purchase has been made with milk products from China...

Along with China, the U.S. is today one of the few countries in the world that still allows bovine growth hormones to be injected into dairy cows. Though banned in Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and most of Europe, the use of these hormones in U.S. dairy is not only legal, it's routine in all 50 states.

The U.S. dairy industry assures us that this is not a problem. But there is a very real problem, and its name is Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1). Monsanto's own studies, as well as those of Eli Lilly & Co., have found a 10-fold increase in IGF-1 levels in the milk of cows who have been injected with bovine growth hormone (BGH).

Why is that a problem? A report by the European Commission's authoritative international 16-member scientific committee not only confirmed that excessive levels of IGF-1 are always found in the milk of cows injected with BGH. It also concluded that excess levels of IGF-1 pose serious risks of breast, colon and prostate cancer.

How serious is the increased risk? According to an article in the May 9, 1998 issue of the medical journal The Lancet, women with even a relatively small increase in blood levels of IGF-1 are up to seven times more likely to develop breast cancer than women with lower levels.

IGF-1 that is consumed by human beings in dairy products is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. It isn't destroyed by human digestion. And pasteurization is no help. In fact, the pasteurization process actually increases IGF-1 levels in milk...

Have you ever wondered why dairy products made from cows injected with the hormone aren't labeled? It's because Monsanto, the original manufacturer of BGH, has aggressively and successfully lobbied state governments in the past to make sure that no legislation is passed that would require such labeling.

As if that wasn't enough, Monsanto has also insistently sought to make it illegal for dairy products that are BGH-free to say so on their labels, unless the labels also included wording exonerating BGH. How does Monsanto justify such a ban? They say that allowing retailers to tell consumers that a dairy product is BGH-free shouldn't be allowed, even if it's true, because it unfairly stigmatizes BGH...

Read more... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/female-infants-growing-br_b_676402.html)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z125/nota_photo/tits.jpg

Lord Cadillac
08-14-10, 05:48 PM
Between hormone-filled milk and estrogen-mimetic bottled water.... I just don't know...

The-Dullahan
08-15-10, 02:19 AM
Good thing I don't drink Milk. Don't know many feminine men...if I did there would be a lot more WANTED posters with my name on them around here, instead of the usual two. Random, yet related thing: Many lotions intended for female use have a number of ingredients in them that, though natural, can produce negative effects on Males. There's a reason men haven't been using these lotions since the dawn of time, like women have, people.

As much estrogen in an infant as an adult. Huh. In men, a newborn infant HAS as much testosterone as an adult, this is what causes them to become male, as all mammals are conceived as and initially develop as females. This is also why infant males have such a poor immune system and high likelihood to develop sickness. In the end, it's worth it. We age better and even when we get old, we do not stop producing testosterone, thusly keeping our bones from getting brittle, like in elderly women, and as only REAL men are capable of wearing kilts properly, we win out by a long margin. This is not to saw that there are not women or girly-men who wear kilts, simply that they fail at it.

From what I've been told beer is a lot like Estrogen. That's why when women drink it they go into a hyper form of whatever mood they are feeling and why when men drink it the slowly lose the ability to drive.

Florian
08-15-10, 12:49 PM
where did I get my he-hooters from then?

F

77CDV
08-15-10, 02:06 PM
The thought of your moobs is disturbing, F.

Stingroo
08-15-10, 03:04 PM
Indeed it is.

Though I did get a giggle out of he-hooters.

Jesda
08-15-10, 03:14 PM
I blame mine on milk. I refuse to give up gravy.

orconn
08-15-10, 07:36 PM
And here I thought it was because so many woman were going to law school. I quess hormones in milk and baby formula could be at fault, but it has been noticed since before I took Biology 101 in college that women who were born and grew up in the South physically matured two to three years earlier than girls born and raised in the northern parts of the U.S. Could the higher percentage of men with larger breast be a function of more people moving to and living in the South?

Or could it be a Chinese plot to subvert our natural Celtic pugnacity through additives to our baby formula?

77CDV
08-15-10, 09:31 PM
^ Someone's been watching Dr. Strangelove again. :lol:

Lord Cadillac
08-15-10, 09:46 PM
It's a shame that nobody takes stuff like this seriously - but to each his/her own...

concorso
08-15-10, 11:29 PM
Ecomentalists might say the same thing about someone driving a V8 SUV. Each of us has a cause we believe strongly in. Sometimes we get lucky and alot of people agree, and things start to happen...

CIWS
08-16-10, 10:01 AM
It's a shame that nobody takes stuff like this seriously - but to each his/her own...

Not the reason why I switched, but a reinforcement that it was a good idea to start drinking Soy milk a few years back.

Florian
08-16-10, 11:52 AM
no milk or water for me.....beer and whiskey only.

F

dkozloski
08-16-10, 01:19 PM
The reason men today act feminine is that they are predominantly raised by single mothers and they don't have any idea how men are supposed to act. In the words of Paul Newman, "That'll put a cock in their mouth quicker than you can say Jack Robinson".

ga_etc
08-16-10, 07:16 PM
I'm not so sure that being raised by a single mother has any bearing on whether the son turns out to be gay.

dkozloski
08-16-10, 07:34 PM
I'm not so sure that being raised by a single mother has any bearing on whether the son turns out to be gay.

Boy's need to learn men's ways and men's mannerisms. There's nothing wrong with a boy learning to cook and sew especially if he intends to remain single but he also has to learn how to blow his nose without a tissue and how to fart and scratch his ass.

Stingroo
08-16-10, 08:04 PM
I laugh at your close-mindedness.

:rolleyes:

concorso
08-16-10, 08:28 PM
no milk or water for me.....beer and whiskey only.

FWeird...I like milk, water, beer and whiskey...

GailyBedight
08-16-10, 08:40 PM
Hormones -

Was on a 2 year project in Puerto Rico back in the 80's. A local had a daughter developing breasts at 7 years old. The PR doctor told him to take her off all dairy and chicken until she hit puberty. Apparently that was fairly common back then.

What's that about people who fail to study history???

concorso
08-16-10, 08:50 PM
Boy's need to learn men's ways and men's mannerisms. There's nothing wrong with a boy learning to cook and sew especially if he intends to remain single but he also has to learn how to blow his nose without a tissue and how to fart and scratch his ass.Whats manly about farting and scratching your ass? You think women dont do that? Thats just a gender neutral act thats rude in public, but funny behind closed doors...

concorso
08-16-10, 08:56 PM
What's that about people who fail to study history???My history teacher had that quote above his door..."Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

ga_etc
08-16-10, 09:02 PM
Whats manly about farting and scratching your ass? You think women dont do that? Thats just a gender neutral act thats rude in public, but funny behind closed doors...

Thank you! Homophobia leads to odd rationals.

Bro-Ham
08-16-10, 11:57 PM
Let's not try tooo hard. If you like milk, then drink it. If you like wearing skirts, then wear them. We can all make our own judgments and observations, whether we verbalize them or not, so there is no need to lobby others to revise their thinking since a spade is still a shovel. :)

concorso
08-17-10, 01:45 PM
Let's not try tooo hard. If you like milk, then drink it. If you like wearing skirts, then wear them. We can all make our own judgments and observations, whether we verbalize them or not, so there is no need to lobby others to revise their thinking since a spade is still a shovel. :)Realistically, we all do make these judgements. Its human nature to notice differences. What makes us respectful human beings is what we decide to do with these observations. Will we use them to discriminate and hate, or do we simply notice the difference, and move on...
Anyhow, Alot of these issues are really trivial, imo. Its amazing how much coverage we DONT get in N.America on major issues like the the genocide in Darfur. We are more worried about people doing things differently and offending us and which celebrity has a new sex scandal, then we are about helping those in need.

orconn
08-17-10, 02:00 PM
Here in Richmond our news coverage primarily consist of local murders, the failure of our flood control systems and hit and runs or school bus accidents in Iowa. If they don't have film its' not "newsworthy>' If its' news from outside the U.S. it ahd better be a natural disaster .... and they better have film!

Bro-Ham
08-17-10, 02:58 PM
I think there is fun to be found in just about everything. :) The measure is that we are, ourselves, happy, and that we continue to defend the great land of ours that allows us the opportunity to do as we please. :)

Jesda
08-17-10, 05:27 PM
The reason men today act feminine is that they are predominantly raised by single mothers and they don't have any idea how men are supposed to act. In the words of Paul Newman, "That'll put a cock in their mouth quicker than you can say Jack Robinson".

Actually, it seems like men of single mother households turn into masculine-aggressive rappers. Eminem, 50, Biggie, Pac, etc.

tr's-cts
08-17-10, 05:55 PM
I guess that explains why my daughters "developed" earlier than the girls I went to school with. The wife and I just that it was nature doing its thing. Puberty does seem to begin earlier now a days.

RightTurn
08-19-10, 11:28 PM
I laugh at your close-mindedness.

:rolleyes:

:rofl:

orconn
08-20-10, 01:43 AM
As we all have survived the centuries of masculine domination and the same centuries of female acquiesence, we now have entered the century of female dominance. I hope this is just another phase before equilibrium between the sexes again regains control.

I have seen women win equality of power with men in the last half of the the twentieth century, not through equality of leadership, but through equality of education. Men have just not been willing to educate themselves, in accordance with the demands of society and the demands of the economny of the America. Garnted they have have not yet achieved equality of pay with men, but that is just a matter of time.

I have watched men fall from the leadership of middle management, to the a co-efficient of that leadership body. Today senior management is still dominated by males. But how long willl that last when the male dominated boards fail to appoint solid management?

We must seek true leadership, whethe it be male or female to get us moving on a forward thrust ..... instead of the knee jerk mediocrity that we seem dfoomed to follow today!

Bro-Ham
08-20-10, 02:28 AM
The individual is king. Parsing differences is an unending and unanswerable quandary. :)

orconn
08-20-10, 09:50 AM
^^^ That's deep. maybe even over my geezer boots!

Lord Cadillac
08-20-10, 10:16 AM
Not the reason why I switched, but a reinforcement that it was a good idea to start drinking Soy milk a few years back.

Stop drinking Soy. Drink Almond Milk. All you need is soy milk and water from a 5-gallon bottle on a daily basis and you'll have far more estrogen in your body than what was intended.

Let's not try tooo hard. If you like milk, then drink it. If you like wearing skirts, then wear them. We can all make our own judgments and observations, whether we verbalize them or not, so there is no need to lobby others to revise their thinking since a spade is still a shovel. :)

Have you noticed everyone dying of cancer lately? There are so many things causing cancer these days. Why not avoid one of them if you can? I believe Organic Milk is without hormones - so it's probably safe. But if you continue to drink regular milk, you're asking for trouble..

It's like smoking cigarettes after you learned they cause cancer. You can do it if you want, but it's not such a great idea...

Bro-Ham
08-20-10, 11:46 AM
^^^ That's deep. maybe even over my geezer boots!

It sounds kind of funny too; I just meant that we're all unique. As much as people like to categorize and subcategorize people into groups, it is, in the end, impossible to relate to these multiple identities because, in the final analysis, we are who we are, especially so in our very free society. As our culture evolves we hopefully become more civil, adhere to personal integrity and high standards, and men become gentlemen. I can see how the view through the complex multifacted prism of our beings and our positions in the world could lead to plugging in a conclusion that there is some sudden femininity of men based on diet or environment. We're on a constant see-saw where something affects and influences us today and tomorrow it's proven to be the opposite. I say we all have cocktails and not worry about it. :)