: POWER WINDOWS: ALL OPEN at ONCE!

Smokin' SRX
08-12-10, 10:13 PM
I didn't see this and forgot we even had this feature till yesterday. (read it somewhere?) Did you know......

Hold down the door Unlock button for 5-8 seconds and ALL windows go down, few seconds after doors Unlock. Great on hot, hot days when you want the captive heat out before you get in. I Remote Start as well, to get A/C running.

Do RS first to get A/C on, then open windows, as you approach.....

It helps!

SS

sube5186
08-12-10, 10:25 PM
Do RS first to get A/C on, then open windows, as you approach.....

It helps!

SS

I do it in the opposite order. I want to let the hot air out "before" the A/C starts working to cool the car. Also, it locks the car, thereby setting the alarm. If you RS first and then lower the windows, your car is unlocked and therefore vulnerable.

Sube

TheCaptain
08-12-10, 10:40 PM
Too bad they don't have similar buttons to close the windows!
I know, i know Sube. Suggestion thread...
lol

sube5186
08-12-10, 11:05 PM
Too bad they don't have similar buttons to close the windows!

I can't think of a situation where I'd need that. Help me out here.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
08-13-10, 12:43 PM
I only use it when I'm approaching the X from a store or it's in my driveway, so security isn't a concern. ( I use the "under chin" trick to RS it from many car lengths away) I like the A/C on first as the captive heat in the ductwork needs some time to blow out. The massive window space open is much faster to evacuate hot air. But you make a good point. Either way, it helps a bit on those dog days.

As for "closing" all the windows at once, might be handy, since the tech is obviously there already, and if I was in my house/restaurant ( could see the X) and rain/landscapers started to blow. Maybe 2012?? :D

TheCaptain
08-13-10, 12:43 PM
It never rains near you? Or turns into night? :D

Cad96k
08-13-10, 01:20 PM
There are any number of reasons to want to put all the windows up after using this feature to lower them. The first that comes to mind is when you are showing off this feature to your friends. The only way to get them back up is to get in the car and do it. Logically you would think if holding the button brings them down, doing it again should raise them up. I really don't know much about the technology, but if this is all driven by computer logic a GM programmer should be able to issue a 'patch' that our dealers can apply during a service visit.

sube5186
08-13-10, 01:57 PM
It never rains near you? Or turns into night? :D

Guess I'm overly security conscious. I never leave the windows down....unless I'm driving or right next to the car.

Sube