: Loving this story! Via Cadillac on Facebook...

hueterm
08-12-10, 09:37 PM
http://media.cadillac.com/content/media/us/en/news/news_detail.brand_cadillac.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2010/Aug/0812_sinkhole

ga_etc
08-12-10, 10:04 PM
At least his insurance covered it and he was able to get the same truck again.

drewsdeville
08-12-10, 10:12 PM
:horse:

hueterm
08-12-10, 10:26 PM
Um...this is a new part to the story -- and if Cadillac can get some good (anti-environmental whackjob) press out of it -- so much the better.

And anyway -- we wouldn't have to worry about beating a dead horse if he'd fallen into a sinkhole in a Corolla... Would we??? Why? Because he'd be DEAD!

drewsdeville
08-12-10, 10:33 PM
Um...this is a new part to the story -- and if Cadillac can get some good (anti-environmental whackjob) press out of it -- so much the better.

And anyway -- we wouldn't have to worry about beating a dead horse if he'd fallen into a sinkhole in a Corolla... Would we??? Why? Because he'd be DEAD!

hahaha! NICE!

But, living in Milwaukee where it happened, I heard about this on Tuesday, Wednesday, and today :annoyed:

hueterm
08-12-10, 10:36 PM
OK.....so then why start trouble when the other 999,999 people who come here don't live in Milwaukee? I'm on the news either by computer or satellite all day and didn't hear about it until Cadillac put something on their FB page....so I'm sure there are others who didn't know either.

drewsdeville
08-12-10, 10:50 PM
The replacement isn't even the interesting part...What I find fascinating is that the driver wasn't licensed nor was the vehicle registered :cookoo: He should have never been on the road in the first place therefore, in this instance, it's no ones fault but his own.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/100331839.html

That said, I don't think the guy deserves any of this special treatment that he's gonna get. The guy can't even abide by the law and he's getting rewarded.:tisk:

Shame on Cadillac. If you want to market yourself as a caring and sharing manufacturer, at least attempt it on people who deserve it.

Stingroo
08-12-10, 10:52 PM
That's insane. Pretty sweet that he found an identical Escalade. How does insurance handle things like sinkholes? It's not like it's your fault if it happens...

hueterm
08-12-10, 10:54 PM
I'm sure the police will make a big deal out of it, if there's one to be made, so they can shake him down for a fine. However, if there was any way for the insurance company to wiggle out of paying, they would have....so I think this "source" just has too much time on his hands....

ga_etc
08-12-10, 11:02 PM
The replacement isn't even the interesting part...What I find fascinating is that the driver wasn't licensed nor was the vehicle registered :cookoo: He should have never been on the road in the first place therefore, in this instance, it's no ones fault but his own.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/100331839.html

That said, I don't think the guy deserves any of this special treatment that he's gonna get. The guy can't even abide by the law and he's getting rewarded.:tisk:

Shame on Cadillac. If you want to market yourself as a caring and sharing manufacturer, at least attempt it on people who deserve it.

Sounds like someone doesn't like the fact that someone lucked up for a change and got a new car out of an accident, while others are left to lust after Corollas.

orconn
08-13-10, 12:27 AM
I'd say Cadillac and the Milwaukee dealership got plenty of media exposure out of this incident. And I would think the truck was covered under the "Road Hazard" provision of the Comprehensive coverage of his auto insurance. The City of Milwaukee should be liable for a personal injuries, short and long term, suffered by the driver. I am sure Milwaukee is home to any number of lawyers eager to help this guy out with his case. All in all everyone wins but the tazpayers of the City of Milwaukee.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-10, 12:42 AM
Good on Cadillac for helping the dude out.

Jesda
08-13-10, 01:46 AM
A lot of people laughed at the sight of a full size American SUV falling into a sinkhole. GM helping the owner find a replacement is a form of damage control, showing that they believe in the product.

gdwriter
08-13-10, 01:47 AM
I saw it on both my Facebook and Twitter feeds. Thought it was pretty cool and good on Cadillac for taking advantage of a good PR opportunity.

ga_etc
08-13-10, 01:52 AM
Still think it's funny that it sat in the hole and continued running for 28 hours.