: Interior Trim Kits?

interfx
08-12-10, 08:45 PM
I really like my new SRX, and think it looks great. I have the black exterior with the black/gray interior. It looks sharp...

One question, I really do not like the wood grain accents on the doors? (why they added this is beyond me). Would like to continue with the brushed chrome, or a graphite type of trim kit...

Anyone seen somehting like this? or ever seen this done? with either a new molded part, or using an adhesive film?

Suggestions?

Smokin' SRX
08-12-10, 08:54 PM
look at CariD.com I got a wood dash kit and they have it all! Maybe u could cover the factory wood with Carbon Fiber or aluminum overlay? U can call them. I did and got excell customer service. Good luck w/ that black beauty!

SS

TheCaptain
08-12-10, 10:37 PM
Yea, it would be nice to change out the wood for something, not wood. But there really isn't a whole lot in the SRX to start either.

sube5186
08-15-10, 11:45 AM
Yea, it would be nice to change out the wood for something, not wood. But there really isn't a whole lot in the SRX to start either.

Precisely! Too much wood looks gaudy. I think the SRX has just the right amount. However, I do think they should have made it an option (of course, adjusting the price accordingly). Some people prefer the brushed aluminum or carbon fiber look, as it's more on the sporty side. Those people should be able to buy a Premium, Performance or Luxury with either. I also think it depends on the interior color as well. While brushed aluminum or carbon fiber accents look great in an Ebony or Titanium interior, they don't match the Shale/Brownstone very well.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 03:21 PM
Added wood trim as mentioned above. Pix now on my album. They have metal, carbon, etc also.

Goes on quick/easy. We like the look.

SS

interfx
08-22-10, 03:41 PM
Looks awesome! How easy to align (and not mess up?) Does it wrap nicely around the corners?

Smokin' SRX
08-22-10, 03:45 PM
Looks awesome! How easy to align (and not mess up?) Does it wrap nicely around the corners?

Thx. Goes on in minutes! East/forgiving. Exception; rear console latch surround had to be trimmed slightly. All else a snap!

SS