: Remote Starter not a standard feature - Install Run Around

JD706
08-12-10, 07:42 PM
When purchasing my SRX last month I was quite surprised that it was not equipped with a remote starter. Disappointed, but the dealership referred me to their "preferred" vendor to have the starter installed. I made the appointment, dropped the car off, went back to pick it up to be told that the technology for after market install is not available. Funny how the dealership didn't know the technology isn't even available. The preferred vendor referred me back to my dealership to question a factory install. Sure, easier said then done. No one can give me a straight answer. I have gone up the ladder and down and keep getting referred back to my dealership, who don't know anything! All I want is a remote starter, does anyone know what's going on? Is it available? Why can't "Cadillac" just install the factory starter? So frustrating.

doctormstein1
08-12-10, 07:47 PM
When purchasing my SRX last month I was quite surprised that it was not equipped with a remote starter. Disappointed, but the dealership referred me to their "preferred" vendor to have the starter installed. I made the appointment, dropped the car off, went back to pick it up to be told that the technology for after market install is not available. Funny how the dealership didn't know the technology isn't even available. The preferred vendor referred me back to my dealership to question a factory install. Sure, easier said then done. No one can give me a straight answer. I have gone up the ladder and down and keep getting referred back to my dealership, who don't know anything! All I want is a remote starter, does anyone know what's going on? Is it available? Why can't "Cadillac" just install the factory starter? So frustrating.

Just curious, I have the luxury version and it HAS a remote start built in.

sube5186
08-12-10, 07:58 PM
You should update your profile so people can see which SRX you have. The Luxury, Performance and Premium versions all come with factory installed remote start. Only the standard version doesn't have it. Either you have the base model, or the dealership doesn't know what they're talking about. If the former is the case, I assume you didn't do a side by side comparison of the different versions to see which one has what before you bought the car.

http://www.cadillac.com/srxCrossover/features-specs/

Sube

JD706
08-12-10, 08:11 PM
I purchased the base model and was aware that the remote starter was not a standard feature. However, the dealership sent me to their vendor to have the starter installed, to no avail. Just trying to get a starter installed and hoped someone has had the same experience as I.

Smokin' SRX
08-12-10, 08:23 PM
Do u have a pix of a "circle" on one of your remote buttons??? If so, press the Lock button, then immediately let go and press the "circle" button for 5 seconds. Does it start ? :-)

Ok...you must have a "Base" unit. Not a Luxury unit. Go to a DEI (Directed Electronics Inc) Dealer. They sell phones, alarms, radar, etc. Best in USA, IMHO. They can do it!

Call them for a quick check or kit part #. They are based in lower CA. Their unit has a 2-way option that works 1,000 feet away and gives feedback to the Remote!

LOCATE nearest dealer here:

http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/BlackBerry/WhereToBuy.aspx

Good luck!

SS

JD706
08-13-10, 08:33 PM
Thank you so much for the lead! I will contact the nearest dealer and hope for the best!

- D