: GM New Idea Submissions

sube5186
08-12-10, 01:50 PM
Here is a link to submit new ideas to GM for consideration. This can be for improvements to existing models (e.g. software updates), or new features on future models.

Discussing our wants, needs and desires amongst ourselves is therapeutic. However, nothing changes unless we communicate these ideas directly to GM.

https://www.gmideas.com/gmideas/ideas?action=NewIdea

Sube

stealth97
08-13-10, 01:59 AM
I've seen so many "recommendations", I've forgotten which ones are most important. What seems to have been talked about most with our current model?

algiorda
08-13-10, 01:20 PM
Biggest one for me so far with the 2010 SRX is LANE CHANGE ASSIST due to the B-Pillar blind spot.

sube5186
08-13-10, 01:51 PM
Biggest one for me so far with the 2010 SRX is LANE CHANGE ASSIST due to the B-Pillar blind spot.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, they can't add this to the 2010 SRX, as it would require a hardware change. The best we can hope for would be new features implemented via software upgrades.

Even Buick has this. They call it "Side Blind Zone Alert". They also have a Heads-Up Display. I thought Cadillac was supposed to be GM's flagship line. Why would they put these features on less expensive models and not include them on the SRX? They didn't even add it to the 2011 SRX! :cookoo: Who makes these boneheaded decisions?

Sube

gdwriter
08-13-10, 04:03 PM
I just submitted a request to use the Holden Commodore platform that begat the Pontiac G8 to be used for a new RWD Impala/Impala SS. With triple taillights.

stevec5375
08-15-10, 12:17 AM
I just asked for the bluetooth phone book transfer functionality.

The-Dullahan
08-19-10, 01:46 AM
How about somebody files to bring back the emergency brake release feature if the car is shifted into any gear other than Neutral or Park and what about those "trunk" thingies all you people think are so cool. Do they still shut them selves when you push down on them or do they need to bring the motors back?