: GM's Ed Whitacre to Step Down As CEO on September 1 But Will Remain Chairman

hueterm
08-12-10, 12:09 PM
Story developing...

Jesda
08-12-10, 12:39 PM
Every 40 secs, a child in America goes hungry... and General Motors loses a CEO.

hueterm
08-12-10, 01:50 PM
Every 40 secs, a child in America goes hungry... and General Motors loses a CEO......

.......under Obama...

I had to add that -- kind of like adding "in bed" after the fortune in your fortune cookie....

iowasevillests
08-12-10, 02:34 PM
4th CEO in 18 months isn't a good sign for any company, especially one this large. Now the first one was forced out, now you have to wonder how much the current administration efforts and car czar "encouraged" Ed to retire, either directly or by just making his job more hoop jumping and asine then it alread had been.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-10, 08:36 PM
This is all very bad. When there's a revolving door of employees at any company, no matter the size, it shows there's weakness or hostility in the management. But who's managing GM nowadays.....? (yes that's a rhetorical question)

Whitacre seemed like a good CEO as well...

orconn
08-12-10, 08:51 PM
Oh, Pull-ease! How would we know that Whitacre was a good CEO?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-10, 08:58 PM
I have a vague memory of hearing that he had done great things for the last company he worked for...I think it was a telecommunications company?

hueterm
08-12-10, 09:31 PM
I won't have an affinity for any of them until they get out from under Obama, and make Cadillac V8 again....

orconn
08-13-10, 12:10 AM
I have a vague memory of hearing that he had done great things for the last company he worked for...I think it was a telecommunications company?

Actually he was the sad sack that led AT&T to the slaughter. While not alone for its' demise he didn't helpher.

gdwriter
08-13-10, 02:10 AM
I'd love to see GM poach Allan Mullaly from Ford. Not likely to happen, however.

Jesda
08-13-10, 02:37 AM
Whitacre has a mixed reputation. Shareholders tend to like him, while employees, customers, and outside stakeholders despise him.

He was in charge of SBC as it acquired everything in sight, including AT&T.