Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2009 STS N* RWD 1SE w/HID?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
I keep getting asked. I keep saying no. However, since my used car saleman seemed to indicate otherwise, I have to ask. Do these headlights move? That is, do they follow turning?

Headlights:
TT6 - HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE W/WASHERS
TQ5 - HEADLAMPS, INTELLIBEAM-HIGH BEAM CONTROL

Thanks,
Doug

#5 ·
I would agree if I was certain they were working. However, there have been some things not functioning, like headlight washers, that made wonder if they were suppose to move, but the mechanism was broken. If the salesman hadn't said something to indicate that they did move, I wouldn't have questioned it either. Of course I really don't take the salesman word on anything I can't verify. ;-)

#7 ·
Actually, they go off on the fifth pressing of the windshield washing button. Lights don't need to be on. And definately don't need to be moving. I positioned my grandkids, ages 14 and 11, so that I could spray them with it in the garage, stationary and only turning on the Accessary, engine not running.

They were broken and it took over a week to get them fixed because they ordered the broken drivers side headlight washer part which was leaking and took a day or two to receive. Testing the drivers side, the passenger side started leaking, another ordered part and another day or two waiting for it to arrive. My Nav unit's map DVD drive is making a noise it shouldn't, but I am hesitate to take it in because I have only had posession of this car for 3 of the 9 weeks I have owned this car because of the 8 days of warranty work and 4 weeks of body work to fixed my rear bumper after I was rear ended on my fourth day of owenership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.