: Tail Light Covers Fading

kschwed
08-11-10, 01:54 PM
2006 Cadillac STS 1 SC, Light Tarnished Silver.

My Tail light covers, including the 3rd brake light seem to be turning in to some sort of pinkish color. They arent a shiny red like most cars or how I seem to remember them. They seem to be fading towards some sort of light red/pinkish color. Anyone else have this issue or know how to return the lights to their original color?

caddyfat2
08-11-10, 04:15 PM
Sorry but this is the first time I have seen this one on our forums so me as an indivisual can't help but let me ask what did someone do, give your back light lens a bleach bath or something?

kschwed
08-11-10, 07:31 PM
I guess it depends on how I look at them. From where I see my car out of the window they always look faded, but I suppose when I change the angle I'm at they look normal. I dont know... They just look a little off.

fps_dean
08-15-10, 08:51 PM
No offense, but are you sure you weren't on acid when you were looking at them? I hear acid makes everything look weird.

JK...I had to..

CadillacSTS42005
08-15-10, 09:38 PM
GM accessory clears dont fade haha

Jmac572
08-15-10, 10:24 PM
it sounds like they are starting to oxidize/corrode, when this happens you will get a powdery like (usually white) film that on your taillights may appear to be pink... take some turtle wax polishing compound and buff them then finish with a polish and wax, you can also purchase the 3M headlight restoration kit or take your car to a professional detailer (such as myself) to use a buffer on and bring them back