: iPhone 4 works great!

MarioA
08-11-10, 10:48 AM
FYI:
My friend plugged in his iPhone 4 and the SRX read it flawlessly.
(Music and menus all worked)

Added it to the bluetooth devices and the telephone functions worked great!

smiley47
08-11-10, 03:19 PM
Did it download your address book?

sube5186
08-11-10, 07:57 PM
Did it download your address book?

Only the 2011 models do that.

Sube

MarioA
08-12-10, 11:19 AM
Sube - I know this is an unfair question to ask - but do you think there would be any hope that the 2011 technology could get upgraded in our 2010s?

I know its a stretch - but if its software upgrade only - it may be do-able?

That would such a nice feature...the Audi Q5 had it when I comparing and although that wouldn't sway me to deciding for it, it was painful to let go of that feature.:bonkers:

sube5186
08-12-10, 11:39 AM
Sube - I know this is an unfair question to ask - but do you think there would be any hope that the 2011 technology could get upgraded in our 2010s?

I know its a stretch - but if its software upgrade only - it may be do-able?

That would such a nice feature...the Audi Q5 had it when I comparing and although that wouldn't sway me to deciding for it, it was painful to let go of that feature.:bonkers:

I've wondered that myself. As long as it requires no hardware changes, it would be pretty easy to do. Based on my contact with GM Customer Assistance, it seems they're reluctant to make any changes in anything without sufficient customer complaints (complaints, not requests). What a pity.

Speaking of Audi, I just saw that the new A8 will show full color "album art" on its LCD display. Of course I'm not comparing an A8 with the SRX. Completely different price range. Just saying it's a pretty cool feature. By the way. Looks like they stole Cadillac's "pop up" display design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoH3K-iu-XQ

Sube

sube5186
08-12-10, 02:01 PM

OK, after about a half hour on the phone with Customer Assistance trying to ask a simple question, I finally got a link to submit new ideas. I created a new thread with this link so that everyone can submit their ideas, whatever they may be. I requested that the 2010 SRXs be updated to allow importation of a cell phone's contact list. Basically, that is to have the same functionality as the 2011 SRX. I have to stress that one request from me is not going to do it. When/if they receive multiple requests for the same feature, then and only then will we have any chance of this happening.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/207774-gm-new-idea-submissions.html

Sube

smiley47
08-12-10, 03:01 PM
OK, after about a half hour on the phone with Customer Assistance trying to ask a simple question, I finally got a link to submit new ideas. I created a new thread with this link so that everyone can submit their ideas, whatever they may be. I requested that the 2010 SRXs be updated to allow importation of a cell phone's contact list. Basically, that is to have the same functionality as the 2011 SRX. I have to stress that one request from me is not going to do it. When/if they receive multiple requests for the same feature, then and only then will we have any chance of this happening.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/207774-gm-new-idea-submissions.html

Sube

Thanks for the link. I followed your lead and submitted a similar address book software upgrade request. I mentioned potential safety issues, lack of competitiveness with most all other vehicles, potential resale impact, inconvenience to customers who purchased a premium priced GM product, the low cost to develope such an upgrade, and then I mentioned safety one last time for good measure.

I'm lucky since I've had very few issues with my SRX but this one bugs me. Let's hope we get lots of submissions from people on the board who feel the same way.

NJRonbo
08-13-10, 08:21 PM
Doing this also as I speak. Thanks, Sube!

interfx
08-14-10, 09:18 AM
I just submitted this suggestion also. Hope they get the idea... This is even a good business model for them. (look at sales of windows upgrades)

sube5186
08-14-10, 10:48 AM
I just submitted this suggestion also. Hope they get the idea... This is even a good business model for them. (look at sales of windows upgrades)

You hit the nail right on the head. Windows upgrades "MAKE" money for Microsoft. Software upgrades "COST" GM money. Judging from my multiple contacts with GM Customer Assistance, they're not interested in making improvements to satisfy customers who've already bought their vehicles. Don't get me wrong. I would love nothing better than for them to prove me wrong. I remember when I was interested in a 2008 CTS. I received two or three calls from GM (not a dealer) begging to answer my every question. Now that they have my money, I can't even get them to call me back with an answer to a question.

Sube

stevec5375
08-15-10, 12:19 AM
If Cadillac would upgrade the software in their SRX it would go a long way toward keeping me as a customer. As it stands, I'm destined to return to Infiniti after I complete my experience with the SRX. I basically "like" the car but certainly can't say I "love" it. It has been a disappointment in several ways for a brand new 2010 car. I was hoping for more. But then that's just me....

Nichelle
08-15-10, 04:51 AM
FYI:
My friend plugged in his iPhone 4 and the SRX read it flawlessly.
(Music and menus all worked)

Added it to the bluetooth devices and the telephone functions worked great!

Agreed. I'd been 'suffering' through issues with my HTC and finally gave up. I couldn't answer calls via bluetooth and could only make outgoing calls if the number was in my contact list. I got my iPhone 4 this week and so far, so good. Everything works perfectly.

Regarding a system upgrade, I'll be writing in as well.

NJRonbo
08-15-10, 08:24 AM
I find the only problem with the Cadillac brand
is its technology. They always seem to be behind
everyone else.

When I leased my first Cadillac, a 2008 CTS,
there was no bluetooth in the car. Meanwhile
every other luxury manufacturer had it.

It is taking Cadillac till 2011 to incorporate
phone address book capability? Meanwhile
other luxury car makers have had it for years
and they are starting to offer cover art capability
for your music.

Someone mentioned Infiniti technology. Have
not seen it, but I have seen Lexus and it's beyond
what Cadillac is offering.

Fortunately I chose Cadillac for the most
important reason -- it's ride. I feel it's unmatched
by most other vehicles in its price range.

sube5186
08-15-10, 11:18 AM
I find the only problem with the Cadillac brand
is its technology. They always seem to be behind
everyone else.

When I leased my first Cadillac, a 2008 CTS,
there was no bluetooth in the car. Meanwhile
every other luxury manufacturer had it.

It is taking Cadillac till 2011 to incorporate
phone address book capability? Meanwhile
other luxury car makers have had it for years
and they are starting to offer cover art capability
for your music.

Someone mentioned Infiniti technology. Have
not seen it, but I have seen Lexus and it's beyond
what Cadillac is offering.

Fortunately I chose Cadillac for the most
important reason -- it's ride. I feel it's unmatched
by most other vehicles in its price range.

:thumbsup:

Exactly!

I'm with you 100%. In fact, I came very close to buying a 2008 CTS, but couldn't believe it didn't have BT. Since I planned on keeping it for a long time, I refused to invest in a vehicle that lacked a very basic feature I considered mandatory. More and more municipalities are outlawing hand-held cell phone use, not to mention the long term health effects of having an electromagnetic radiation emitting device pressed to your brain. When it comes to technology, Cadillac always seems to be one step behind the competition. Why can't they hire engineers from the same pool as the competition? Fortunately, I do think they are making ground in this area. They're not as far behind as they used to be.

On the other hand, I think the competition is behind them when it comes to sheer ride quality and comfort.

I want a car company that can do both. Maybe I should pull a "DeLorean" and start my own company. Don't worry. If I do, I'll launch it with legitimate funds. :yup:

Sube