: PLEASE help! sqweaky rattle in front end that's HIDING ('95 Eldo)

rrs814
08-10-10, 02:09 PM
It's an annoying rattle-squeak (I heard a landscape truck with a trailer full of tools go by, and it sounded the same, only louder) that comes from the front end. steering, sway bars and other suspension stuff replaced OR examined and NOTHING found. It's not the hub covers. I assume that the shop can't hear it there (noise camoflauge) OR it can't be found when on the rack. When I'm on old, bumpy pavement, where cars are parked on both sides to reflect the noise, it's as loud as someone singing outside, and passers-by turn their heads to see what it is! WHAT DO YOU THINK????????????? thanks

zonie77
09-02-10, 02:06 AM
It's an annoying rattle-squeak (I heard a landscape truck with a trailer full of tools go by, and it sounded the same, only louder) that comes from the front end. steering, sway bars and other suspension stuff replaced OR examined and NOTHING found. It's not the hub covers. I assume that the shop can't hear it there (noise camoflauge) OR it can't be found when on the rack. When I'm on old, bumpy pavement, where cars are parked on both sides to reflect the noise, it's as loud as someone singing outside, and passers-by turn their heads to see what it is! WHAT DO YOU THINK????????????? thanks

The sway bar links are notorious for noise and they can't be lubed so they need to be loosened on one end to check them. Just pulling on them doesn't work.