: window pinch system

billynic
08-10-10, 05:52 AM
hello fellow caddy guys,having a bit of trouble with window bounce back [pinch]goes all the way up then goes 1/4 way down,i,ve tried all it says in the manual to no avail apparently you have to take it to a dealer to sort it out,can anybody help,much appreciated

bigcul1
08-10-10, 11:29 AM
Oh its a right c0ck on. I had the same problem in IKEA car park the other day. Went up 3/4 of the way then back down again. Basically I didnt have time to figure it out but wanted to go into IKEA so gently without using 1 touch close nudged the window almost to the top with the switch. Shut the door, locked the car, went to IKEA, came out and drove home. On the way home I could hear the wind whistling through the window so tried to close again, pushed the button, 1 touch and it nudged close. Window works fine now. All I can deduce from this is to nudge it to almost the top, lock, leave for 30 mins, unlock, drive for 15 mins, try closing, if it closes without rolling down again it should have reset itself. On the flip side you may have a piggin big bit of cr@p on or in the roller machanism, clean out and pinch protect should stop.

billynic
08-11-10, 05:50 AM
Oh its a right c0ck on. I had the same problem in IKEA car park the other day. Went up 3/4 of the way then back down again. Basically I didnt have time to figure it out but wanted to go into IKEA so gently without using 1 touch close nudged the window almost to the top with the switch. Shut the door, locked the car, went to IKEA, came out and drove home. On the way home I could hear the wind whistling through the window so tried to close again, pushed the button, 1 touch and it nudged close. Window works fine now. All I can deduce from this is to nudge it to almost the top, lock, leave for 30 mins, unlock, drive for 15 mins, try closing, if it closes without rolling down again it should have reset itself. On the flip side you may have a piggin big bit of cr@p on or in the roller machanism, clean out and pinch protect should stop.
well i never ,just got my car back from its 1st service was about to try ur procedure,one touch was,nt working did what it said in the manual keep finger on button whilst raising lt up and down a couple of times until i got confirmation tone,it,s working perfick now,answer was disconnect battery this means you have to recalibrate as in book, hope this was helpful to my fellow caddy guys

bigcul1
08-11-10, 05:56 AM
Glad you got it sorted pal

billynic
08-12-10, 06:06 AM
cheers mate