: Questions about forums

gabbyfast
08-09-10, 11:21 PM
Hey guys new to the forum:D and was wondering where I can find all the forum rules and guidelines. I want to make sure I read everything in its entirety before starting discussions. I have a STS-V and have been looking for a great place to find more performance information out about this vehicle.

Florian
08-09-10, 11:57 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

Welcome to the forum!

F

gabbyfast
08-10-10, 12:13 AM
Thanks. Is there anything else I should know or look at? Going to really enjoy looking through some of the discussions.

cad08stsv
08-10-10, 04:24 AM
Florian,
Good Morning, You mentioned that the guy that was banned for, voilated the TOS. I assume that meants Terms of Service. I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere on this web site.
Would you be so kind as to point out to me where to find this "TOS" data. I would like to see them in order at avoid any conflick of
interest that my arise. Thanks for you assistance with this important issue.
Russell

cad08stsv
08-10-10, 04:26 AM
Thank you

CIWS
08-10-10, 09:22 AM
Florian,
Good Morning, You mentioned that the guy that was banned for, voilated the TOS. I assume that meants Terms of Service. I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere on this web site.
Would you be so kind as to point out to me where to find this "TOS" data. I would like to see them in order at avoid any conflick of
Russell

All forums have you click a box and "agree to the terms of service" before you can register. It's just that folks usually don't take the time to actually read through them. Most forums pretty much run the same basic rules.

CIWS
08-10-10, 09:23 AM
Hey guys new to the forum:D

:welcome: to the Cadillac Forums and the STS-V :)

550HP STSV
08-10-10, 10:39 AM
Hi Russell,

The #1 rule to follow on this forum to make sure you dont get banned is not to talk about, mention, sell, give away, discuss, or do anything relating to someone making money unless cadillac forums is involved. if they catch wind something is being sold without going through them, you are gone forever.

Lord Cadillac
08-10-10, 10:53 AM
That's a really nasty way of stating the following...

If you're here to sell products or services to our members and guests, you'll have to support the community by becoming an Authorized Vendor. This is the way it works pretty much everywhere but unestablished entities.

Anyway.. For a list of rules and guidelines, click here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum-rules-guidelines/).

Hi Russell,

The #1 rule to follow on this forum to make sure you dont get banned is not to talk about, mention, sell, give away, discuss, or do anything relating to someone making money unless cadillac forums is involved. if they catch wind something is being sold without going through them, you are gone forever.

cadillac94pimpin
08-10-10, 11:51 AM
Have you been to impalassforum.com? There pretty established

BTW I live by Royal Plam. You out in the cancer invested acerage?

Lord Cadillac
08-10-10, 12:01 PM
ImpalaSSForum has 136 people on right now. We have 1331.. They're about 10% as busy as we are. They don't need advertising revenue the way we do. They don't even need a dedicated server.

Otherwise, I'm not in the acreage.. I'm in Madison Green.. I was in Olympia not too long ago but my wife didn't like the house we were living in. I moved here about six years ago and started out in a condo in West Palm Beach - fairly close to City Place...

Have you been to impalassforum.com? There pretty established

BTW I live by Royal Plam. You out in the cancer invested acerage?

gabbyfast
08-10-10, 01:05 PM
Thanks, everyone for their help and direction. I hope I didn't cause too much of a stir with the original post I just wanted to be an informed member.

Florian
08-10-10, 02:35 PM
Hi Russell,

funny guy.....follow the rules and you'll have no problem. Don't and you'll be gone. Simple.

F

Florian
08-10-10, 02:37 PM
Florian,
Russell

There used to be a TOS before the new format, which we all had to click and vow to abide by as members. Since the new format (the ban-ee) was a member before the change, and he agreed to the TOS. He violated them, hence his absence for 2 weeks.
We now have a whole section (which Lord Cadillac kindly pointed out for you) thats devoted to rules and regulations of this site. I suggest you re-read it.

F

jedhead
08-12-10, 06:14 AM
Keep in mind that someone has to pay to keep the forum running. I have a small car forum that I pay for out of my own pocket. However, if I had as much traffic as this forum, no way I could afford to keep it going without getting revenue to keep it running. Revenue comes from vendors and paying members. Moderators usually donate their time to monitor.

Bob

The Tony Show
08-14-10, 10:48 AM
The rules here are pretty simple:

1. Be polite to other members (no name calling)
2. Don't advertise your business venture unless you're a Supporting Vendor
3. Don't argue with the decisions of the Moderators
4. Don't create repeated threads discussing the same issue

Follow those four rules, and you should be good. Welcome aboard. :wave: