: Lowering springs with 22s on 05 STS?

OmiloC
08-09-10, 12:19 PM
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with using the D3 lowering springs (-1.5 f -1.0 rear) with 22 in. Rims? I'm looking to put the springs on soon and don't want any rubbing or clearance issues. I'm thinking of getting lexani LSS-10 in all black. I've seen another member on here with these 22s. But if I lower will it be a safer bet to go with 20s? Any help would be appreciated.

polarbear05
08-09-10, 06:43 PM
I'm guessing thats the new kit d3 has cuz I just bought one off them like last month an mine lowered 3/4 in the front an a little more then 1 5/8 in the back the car sits leveled right now u can fit one finger between the tire an the fender an I'm running 245/35/20 all around so with 22s I'm guessing ull have to get a real low profile tire.. I think mine are to thin an there 35s so ull probably be on some thin ass tires..

OmiloC
08-09-10, 11:38 PM
Woah 1 5/8 in the rear and 3/4 in the front?? That seems opposite of how it should be dropped. Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with 20 x 8.5s all around to be safe and lower it. I have the magnetic suspension and even in "sport" mode or whatevers its called is wayyyy too soft. Do you have any pix of your ride you can post?

polarbear05
08-10-10, 08:12 AM
Well on mine the back was higher then the front so I'm really happy the way it came out.. An yea if u look for the thread named "D3 lowering springs" there's a couple pics there of my car before an after or I can just email some if u give me ur email...