: Who did I see on I-88 today

fast_lane10
08-08-10, 11:03 PM
I was driving on I-88 to Naperville today and in the rear view mirror saw another STS V ..... i have seen some posers with the grille but i think you can tell its a V or not..I think the other guy saw me also and pulled along ..we waived :) and then he slowed down a bit and i went ahead ... then i took IL-59 exit and the other guy took the same exit but he went to the right and i turned left... I must say it was nice to see another V and it was even better that all STS V owners acknowledge each other.. my other ride is a Jeep Wrangler and its nice to be able to waive to other owners in both my cars :)

PGA2B
08-09-10, 09:27 AM
I posted awhile back about my V encounter in KC. It took over 7 months of ownership to see another V and I have yet to see a second one. I enjoy not seeing one every stop light like some other makes out there.

Redxped1
08-11-10, 02:04 AM
saw a silver one tonight on 59 at a 711 in naperville

fast_lane10
08-11-10, 11:59 PM
That was the third sts-v I saw on the road ..since I bought mine...the other 2 i saw were on the same day ..within 10 min of each other and may be within 2 miles on 41 and I-94 and both were black ...for those who are thinking 10 mins for 2 miles , it was rush hour and i was in my jeep :). Now both of those were on the other side so they might be posers ..but i believe i saw supercharged on the door of one... i thought it was odd coz i hadn't seen any in 4 months of my owning the beast..

Kael
08-19-10, 01:50 PM
Well if you see a black cts with the mesh grille tailing you or being close its because I want your car.
I have loved my cts but I really like the sts-v and I live in the Naperville area.

Actually a while ago I asked about guys with sts-v's in my area since I wanted to help build a low cost air box option for the car and check it out.
When you guys want to ditch your cars let me know.
(or let me know if you want some experimenting done)

Bee iLL
08-19-10, 02:52 PM
I drive on I-94 daily. North to Gurnee in the morning, South in the afternoon. If it was nice weather outside, could have been me that you saw. If it was crappy outside, then most likely not me.

Cataract
08-19-10, 03:09 PM
I'm out on 94 a good amount too.. actually anywhere north/northwest. You can spot me with euro tails, tints, and corsa exhaust.

I saw a silver V on Cuba in Kildeer a couple weeks ago.. Gave him a rev. Besides that Ive seen 2 others on the expressways, usually head-on though.

Redxped1
08-19-10, 05:01 PM
kael
mines a 06 stealth gray on black 33kmiles 35% tint certified 2012/100k im selling

rodehard
08-19-10, 06:12 PM
That was the third sts-v I saw on the road ..since I bought mine...the other 2 i saw were on the same day ..within 10 min of each other and may be within 2 miles on 41 and I-94 and both were black ...for those who are thinking 10 mins for 2 miles , it was rush hour and i was in my jeep :). Now both of those were on the other side so they might be posers ..but i believe i saw supercharged on the door of one... i thought it was odd coz i hadn't seen any in 4 months of my owning the beast..

One of them could have been me. I've got a 2006 Black STS-V and commute from Riverwoods / Skokie on a daily basis. Lately, I try to stay off of the extension because of the construction. I have seen one other newer Black one (chrome side vents) often.

If it was me its no poser.

fast_lane10
08-19-10, 10:16 PM
That's quite a few of us driving on I-94 North considering how rare STS-V is ...I take i-94 almost everyday ..except for the days i take the train .. .. most of the times I am in my jeep though ..once in a while when i dont feel like going to work I take the V... the thrill of driving it wins over thoughts of long work day ahead ....but whatever i am driving the V can be spotted in a crowd....so don't be surprised if someone in a wrangler waives at you :) .
By any chance does any one of you go to steve foley for service.. if yes how do you rate them ...on the side note they had an event for unveiling of V coupe on tuesday and i was there ... free wine ;) ..the car looks nice too ..they will have it out for test drive if anyone is interested ..

rodehard
08-20-10, 06:15 PM
I had a bad experience at Steve Foley with my 99 Eldo and won't go back. On the other hand, I have had good experiences at Grossinger.

Kael
08-23-10, 01:54 PM
kael
mines a 06 stealth gray on black 33kmiles 35% tint certified 2012/100k im selling
That is actually a very good price for you car, I am not looking to buy this week however, but its nice to know what these cars can be picked up for.

MacMuse
08-24-10, 04:42 PM
OK, so twice on the nearby I-355 recently I've seen a black CTS rebadged as 'VTX'. Seriously, the CTS badge on the trunk replaced with the same font/style/look but a 'VTX'. We were both headed southbound through DuPage north of I-88 each time. Morning rush. Anyone else seen this one?

Redxped1
08-25-10, 02:00 AM
Yeah ive seen a few cts vtx its a vogue package done to the v6's theres a sts like that running around my area