: 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium - CarFax

gary2381
08-08-10, 05:27 PM
I just purchased a pre-owned 2010 SRX Premium. The XM radio and the NAV system are really hosed. I was wondering if anyone would mind pulling a CarFax for me. VIN = 3GYFNCEY8AS505185

Thanks for your help.

cbeeches
08-08-10, 05:52 PM
You can go to Carfax website and get it.

stevec5375
08-08-10, 07:20 PM
I just purchased a pre-owned 2010 SRX Premium. The XM radio and the NAV system are really hosed. I was wondering if anyone would mind pulling a CarFax for me. VIN = 3GYFNCEY8AS505185

Thanks for your help.

Hosed how?

sube5186
08-08-10, 09:29 PM
Hosed how?

Likewise.

XM radio and XM Nav Traffic are subscription based services. The previous owner would have deactivated these services prior to reselling the vehicle, or maybe they just let them expire. Either way, you'd need to purchase a subscription in order to get them working again.

Sube

gary2381
08-08-10, 10:54 PM
Several problems. First there is no option for XM. I spoke with my local dealer and they said even if you don't have an active subscription you should still see the XM option on the NAV screen and XM says everyone gets a Channel 1 or preview channel. The radio does not retain Favorites that you have saved. I will program a destination in the NAV system. If I have to stop for gas or whatever reason the destination is not retained. There are a few other minor things but those are the highlights.

drjdan
08-08-10, 11:35 PM
Why don"t you just go to dealer and get repaired under warranty?

stevec5375
08-09-10, 08:42 AM
Several problems. First there is no option for XM. I spoke with my local dealer and they said even if you don't have an active subscription you should still see the XM option on the NAV screen and XM says everyone gets a Channel 1 or preview channel. The radio does not retain Favorites that you have saved. I will program a destination in the NAV system. If I have to stop for gas or whatever reason the destination is not retained. There are a few other minor things but those are the highlights.

Sounds like you may have a similar issue like I encountered here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/204438-last-played-favorites-remembered-after-shutdown-2.html#post2321179

The solution is to replace the Radio/Nav unit.

gary2381
08-09-10, 11:58 AM
I did take it to the shop. They replaced the XM radio. My issue was getting a CarFax because the service manager made some comments that made me believe that the NAV / Radio / XM has been replaced before.

sube5186
08-09-10, 12:08 PM
I know this won't help you now, but maybe for future reference. I did some used car shopping for my Dad recently. Most of the dealers provided us with a free printed CarFax report. Not providing this, especially for a car that new, would certainly be a red flag. If there are no hidden defects in the vehicle, dealers are usually eager to prove this via a CarFax.

Sube

GMJim
08-09-10, 01:48 PM
Per your service history, the Rad/Nav unit has not been replaced

PJ1520
08-11-10, 12:27 PM
I have found Carfax useful buying used cars at the new car dealers. In many instances the report contains valuable dealer service records in addition to the ownership.

In the case of my son, I helped him buy his current used car at a private used car dealer. The Carfax listed the new car dealer services performed by the original owner, including oil changes he/she had done there. What the report also showed was that the 60,000 mile timing gear/belt service had not been performed. To seal the deal the used car dealer had the service performed and the water pump replaced as well. I always have my mechanic go over the vehicles before purchase, regardless.....and after the repairs but before the deal is sealed. My mechanic went so far as to check for previous collision damage.

Ponyman
08-11-10, 06:51 PM
Your dealer is blowing smoke up you a**. Neither he or you need a Car Fax to tell what has been done to this vehicle. As a new vehicle it has only been worked on in dealer shops. He is able to pull up everything that has been done to it under warranty. Body damage wouldn't show in a dealer search, unless it had been done at a dealership.

dctex99
08-12-10, 07:31 PM
Absolutely...I had a Pontiac Grand Prix GT,,,Semi went accross the back, and illegal alien hiit the front; it had a perfect CARFAX....they mean very little...this car was a POS because of inferior body work!!