: BIke rack on the 2010 SRX?

dnl18
08-07-10, 12:31 PM
Has anyone tried to install a bike rack on the back of the 2010 SRX? I have a Sirus Guardian 2 rack. There sure is a lot of window to deal with and I'm wondering if the straps will be a problem going over the spoiler. The clips look like they will fit on the top but there is not much room on the sides of the liftgate to fit the clips.

GMJim
08-07-10, 04:43 PM
I use a hitch mounted rack, sorry

Marcel-CH
08-21-10, 09:22 AM
anyone tried to place the bikes inside (standing)? Is there enough space to the rear seats or maybe the bike fits if taking off the front wheel of the bike? How long is the distance from hatch to back seat? (as I don't have an SRX yet, I cant measure by myself :bigroll:)

thx & greetings from Switzerland :thumbsup:

dnl18
08-21-10, 10:44 AM
I'm still leery about attaching my Guardian 2 but I'm going to try to lay the bike in the back with the seats down.

davdat
08-24-10, 02:45 AM
I have a dual bike rack, (carries two bikes, side by side across the back of the car), I use it on my SRX it slides in to the class 3 trailer hitch / receiver located behind the rear bumper cover that I had installed when the SRX was delivered, I had the Dealer add it & installed for $475.00, that included the wiring for the plug. Back to the Bike rack, I have had this for a few years it works great, doesnít touch of block the rear window or door, it will fold away from the tail gate if the gate needs to be opened while the bikes are still on the rack. I will install it to My Black, every option SRX,:rockon: and take a picture for you and post it tomorrow morning. I will also look and post the manufacture of the Bike rack; I'll ask Mom where we bought it, Iím not sure if it was sears or Wal-Mart:hmm:.

whatwhat80
08-24-10, 03:24 PM
I wanted to install a hitch on my but im worried on how it would look. Can you post some pics show your car please.

davdat
08-25-10, 02:51 AM
I will post some pictures, the hitch has a cover that matches the bumper, you don't know it's even there untill you un cover it to use it, when your done you just snap the cover back in place and turn the two fastners. Ill' post one with the Bike rack and one showing the hitch and cover.:rock:

dnl18
10-01-10, 05:36 PM
The weather was nice, my SRX has aged sufficiently and I finally got up the nerve to try to put up my Sirus Gardian 2 bike rack on the back of my SRX. Guess what? It installs perfectly! The two top clips fit nice above the spoiler with no problem laying over said spoiler. Cadillac made a perfect spot for the middle clip to fit, a four inch or so area in the center left and right side. The bottom clips are a hard fit next to the lights but hold OK. WARNING! TURN OFF THE ELECTRIC LIFTGATE ON THE DRIVERS DOOR BEFORE ATTACHING THE BIKE RACK. Hope this helps anyone.

Don

Smokin' SRX
10-01-10, 06:42 PM
anyone tried to place the bikes inside (standing)? Is there enough space to the rear seats or maybe the bike fits if taking off the front wheel of the bike? How long is the distance from hatch to back seat? (as I don't have an SRX yet, I cant measure by myself :bigroll:)

thx & greetings from Switzerland :thumbsup:

Hi. forget standing it up. Too low for adult bikes. Maybe leaning?? depth is about 36" and width is 43". (on most the usable surface.) If you fold down the rear seats, add about another 36 inches of depth. Measure your bike and good luck!! I hope the SRX treats you like a SWISS watch! :bouncy:

SS

Marcel-CH
10-01-10, 06:46 PM
Thx SS for your information! No SRX yet but already thankful for the measures :hmm:

regards Marcel

bwclemons
10-02-10, 09:58 AM
My wife and I have road bikes and we fit both bikes in the rear with the seats down and the front wheels off. Mine is a 58cm and my wife's is a 52cm. I did install a class 3 trailer hitch, a Curt, so now we use a hitch mount for the bikes. The install took about 30min including the wiring which just plugs in. About $150.00.

Marcel-CH
10-02-10, 11:12 AM
My wife and I have road bikes and we fit both bikes in the rear with the seats down and the front wheels off. Mine is a 58cm and my wife's is a 52cm.

YES, you made my day, mate ! This sounds really good :yup::banana:

bwclemons
10-03-10, 06:02 PM
The bikes will have to lay down with a blanket between them. No scratches or rubbing. My seat is pretty tall but everything makes it.

Marcel-CH
10-04-10, 12:55 PM
The bikes will have to lay down with a blanket between them. No scratches or rubbing. My seat is pretty tall but everything makes it.

... this sounds worse again :bigroll:

TheCaptain
10-04-10, 02:04 PM
... this sounds worse again :bigroll:

lol :rofl:

njrich10
01-16-12, 08:39 PM
have you had any problems since you installed the Sirus Guardian 2 rack. I want to get on for my SRX........Rich

----------

do the Sirus Guardian 2 rack still work, any problems?