: Upcoming Top Gear America Trailer... Thrashes a mid 70s Coupe Deville...

eldorado99
08-07-10, 01:26 PM
It is sad to see :crying:.

http://www.finalgear.com/news/2010/08/07/top-gear-us-trailer/

I hope it is a good show but I think they're right; nothing will ever top the British one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-10, 01:30 PM
Sad to see that CDV take such a beating, but it took it well. I'm anticipating the US version of Top Gear. When does it hit the airwaves? What network is hosting it?

ga_etc
08-07-10, 01:42 PM
I'm not feeling it from the preview. I will reserve full opinion until it airs.

gary88
08-07-10, 01:43 PM
That was painful to watch.

V-Eight
08-07-10, 07:14 PM
^ Agreed

ben.gators
08-07-10, 07:40 PM
Just garbage! Hey boys, have some creativity and compose your own show! Duplicating (a very weak duplication indeed) a successful TV series does not necessary result in the same amount of success... instead it can be a joke, a bad annoying joke! I can see that even the number of people in the show and their height is the same as the british version, and even the type of jokes they say and the type of acts they do is almost very similar to the british top gears, but with a considerable amount of degradation!

orconn
08-07-10, 08:55 PM
Judging from the appearance and eloquence of the three guys in the trailer .... the producers of the U.S. version of "Top Gear" have managed to take a bit of British fluff and make it into American gahr-bahge. Five will get you ten it was produced by New Yorkers who have never driven and believe everyone who lives west of the Hudson is a moron.

77CDV
08-07-10, 10:55 PM
It is sad to see :crying:.

And yet the car continued to run and drive at the end. Those old Cads are tough mothers!

HAZZARDJOHN
08-07-10, 10:59 PM
Looks like it will be on the history channel (uses the same logo as the IRT show and it said something about making "history") That being said those quarters on that 75 look good and I need a set of quarters so FU TGA!

~HJ

gdwriter
08-08-10, 12:01 AM
Stupid trailer-park white trash.

drewsdeville
08-08-10, 12:18 AM
Probably something where it was pretty entertaining to be in the drivers seat but isn't worth anything as a spectator :/ .

Destroyer
08-08-10, 01:20 AM
Top Gear is a great farking show!!!!! I love watching it even if I don't agree with everything they do and say. They cater to my car side and to my comedy side! It works for me. They can smash and bash all the old Caddy's they want. Just make it funny please!!!!!!!!!!!

billc83
08-08-10, 03:02 AM
Once again, America takes a fantastic British show and dumbs it down.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-10, 03:35 AM
The Office is one of the few British shows that the Americans were able to make funnier than the original.

Stingroo
08-08-10, 08:17 AM
Odd, I hate The Office, and for the most part, Top Gear doesn't tickle my fancy either unless they do a review on a car I really like, or a skit that I find really amusing. It's not that I hate Top Gear, but it's more of something I'll turn on if there's nothing else on to watch.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-10, 10:01 AM
The Office & Top Gear are both shows that I'll actually put down what I'm doing just to be able to catch them while giving full attention.

Aron9000
08-08-10, 08:31 PM
That was just awful IMO.

I really wish Jay Leno would produce and host a show kind of like Top Gear. I say kind of like, because I really don't anybody would really be able to sucessfully emulate the british version, and I know Jay could totally come up with something creative and different.

orconn
08-08-10, 09:03 PM
I find the British show "Top Gear" rather sophomoric. I have watched several episodes and for me they are rather yawn inspiring in that they are all about the personalities and not really about cars. The repetition of the show's gimmicks really gets tedious.

The new U.S. version looks even worse, but then what would yiou expect from The History Channel which has brought us such inane programming as "Pickers" and "Pawn Shop Follies" both of which (if you know anything about the subject matter) are not only inaccurate but bogus as information sources. Maybe Leno could produce a good car show, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Stingroo
08-08-10, 09:20 PM
THANK YOU ORCONN! Someone shares my opinion of Top Gear! Yessssss!

Though, I do love Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Aron9000
08-09-10, 01:28 AM
Hey, don't be hating on the Pawn Stars. I fail to see how that show is full of innaccurate info, since most of the time the pawn shop guys admit they are ignorant and have to call in an expert to tell them more about an item. Maybe the prices aren't reflective of what stuff really sells for, but IMO they seem to know what they are talking about. As for that Pickers show, well that show is crap. If I want to see a junk pile, I just visit my relatives in east Tennessee, about every fourth house is like that show.

ga_etc
08-09-10, 03:09 AM
I guess I can't say anything. I love Top Gear and like to watch both Pawn Stars and American Pickers when I have the chance. It's interesting to see what kind of old crap they dig up and go, this is worth $$$ and it's junk lol.

Jesda
08-09-10, 05:11 AM
The original TG works because its The Three Stooges with cars. They spoke their minds and had a good time. The Australian version was great too, I hope it comes back.

These American guys are boring.

Bro-Ham
08-09-10, 02:01 PM
Top Gear isn't my cup of tea, this trailer for the new show is aweful - I'm busy that day. :)

The Tony Show
08-09-10, 03:01 PM
Stupid trailer-park white trash.

Once again, America takes a fantastic British show and dumbs it down.

Let's be real here, people- Top Gear UK isn't exactly a beacon of intelligent discourse. It's three guys of varying personalities talking about cars no one can afford and then failing miserably at garage challenges. Most American fans of the show are fooled into thinking it's intelligent because of the British accents, but Jeremy Clarkson is the British equivalent of a rich redneck.

I'm not excited about the US Top Gear, but for a completely different reason: The hosts all seem too pleased with what's going on, and too congratulatory toward each other. Part of what makes Top Gear so funny is hearing Clarkson cut down on cars we can all only dream of, and the challenges are hilarious because they're all rooting for the other guys to fail spectacularly. Three dudes all high-fiving and rolling around laughing looks more like Jackass than Top Gear to me. I personally hated the guy with the beard after 10 seconds of hearing him talk, and already think he should be replaced with someone dry to offset the other two jokers- a James May to their Jeremy Clarkson.

Time will tell. I'll watch the first few episodes and see how it flows.

Jesda
08-09-10, 03:26 PM
I also find it odd that they changed casts two or three times. Adam Carolla (originally cast for the NBC version) would have been better than these three.

The Tony Show
08-09-10, 03:31 PM
Carolla wanted to do it badly, but scheduling conflicts kept him out. Rumor has it that if the show makes it to a second season, he'll replace one of the guys.

orconn
08-09-10, 04:42 PM
Adam Carolla is a sad, dumb ass .... who apparently lucked out. The trailers I saw with him and some equally dense sidekick were ignorant and very lacking in any entertainment value much less being of any auto education value. One of the trailers featured Carolla's Lamborghini 350 GT, a car that I am intimately familiar with (I owned a 350 GT for ten years) and a mark whose history I also know very well (I visited the The S'Agata Boulognese plant on several occasions and met and got to know Ferruccio Lamborghini and his staff personally, I have followed the company's perrigrinations as it changed owners to the present). I admit, prior to watching the trailer, I had no idea of who Adam Carolla was, but after watching the trailer I had no interest in watching him in this show or any other show he might be in.

If we are to have an entertaining and knowledgeable car show it will have to come from a source other than, Jesda is right, "The Three Stooges Does Stick With Cars" or PBS's "Motoweak."

orconn
08-09-10, 04:52 PM
I also find it odd that they changed casts two or three times. Adam Carolla (originally cast for the NBC version) would have been better than these three.

Why is this odd? Given the cretins that the ignorati that are trying to produce this show have come up with thus far. Not satisfied that they have found the true bottom of the third rate "Talent Barrel" the producers feel compelled to scrape even deeper into the muck at the bottom of the barrel to find three members of America's underclass to wine and guffaw about cars.

Stingroo
08-09-10, 07:42 PM
Top Gear CF Edition: Jesda, Orconn, TheBigJimSho

Done.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-09-10, 08:10 PM
What about Chad? Jesda and me are the two on here that consistently wrote the best auto reviews.

billc83
08-09-10, 08:17 PM
And I think a CadillacForums sponsored Top Gear - esque show would have better chemistry and be an overall better production than the American version of Top Gear.

gdwriter
08-09-10, 08:45 PM
Think Clarkson trashes American car makes? Watch me go to town on a brand not to be mentioned.

orconn
08-09-10, 08:45 PM
I whole heartedly agree, Chad front and center! And from the looks of the Minneapolis car fests he seems to have the best prospects for cars to test! Jesda would also be a must .... if he can once again find his "pants." And for a segment on "Hauling Dogs and Other Such" Stingroo, Hueterm and Beretta should be on tap. A segment on "Missing Mooses in Early Winter" could expertly handled by our very own Dkhoz (promoted with ads on "Ice Road Trucker."
Come to think of it a segment on finding used cars in middle America featuring Jesda and Ian titled "American Car Pickers" would fit in well. Our friend in Bean Town could keep the executive and celebrity crowd abreast of developemnts in the livery marketplace. And hell, we could do a special just on *Ncaddy's" magnificent romp of the United States. And let's face it between Sub and Ranger we have the "Stig" covered in spades.

Now there's the basis for a rip roaring car show .... and we're not even trying!

Stingroo
08-09-10, 08:56 PM
Don't forget Moose. He's a riot in the car:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs227.snc4/38667_1565325539691_1431987960_1537976_203049_n.jp g

gdwriter
08-09-10, 09:09 PM
Hoover's love for road trips is well documented.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs249.snc1/9622_128338173093_776743093_2309999_2566177_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs249.snc1/9622_128338223093_776743093_2310003_1660478_n.jpg

Stingroo
08-09-10, 09:12 PM
Hoover is epic.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-09-10, 10:47 PM
Think Clarkson trashes American car makes? Watch me go to town on a brand not to be mentioned.

Honda?
Toyota?
BMW?
VW?
Jeep?
Chrysler?
Pontiac?
Kia?

Stingroo
08-09-10, 10:59 PM
I do believe he's referencing the GP.

billc83
08-09-10, 10:59 PM
Put NormV on the "TOYOTAWATCH" segment

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-09-10, 11:02 PM
Put NormV on the "TOYOTAWATCH" segment

LOL. We'd have 57 minutes devoted to Toyota, and 3 minutes devoted to other cars.

77CDV
08-09-10, 11:24 PM
What about Chad? Jesda and me are the two on here that consistently wrote the best auto reviews.

Chad is executive producer.

Bro-Ham
08-09-10, 11:24 PM
To me, and ideal car show would be multiple ways to destroy or sabotage hybrids plus frustrate and disgrace the people who drive or admire them. :)

gdwriter
08-09-10, 11:36 PM
I do believe he's referencing the GP.Perceptive Roo is. Although there are certainly ones on Chad's list I'd enjoy giving a review that would make Simon Crowell look all peaches and cream.

orconn
08-10-10, 12:27 AM
How about "Lotus Luv'em or Just Tolerate." And now for our British friends a segment called "I found this door handle in a field in Buckinghamshire ..... let's restore the car!" or "An Electrical Company that brought down an Empire: The Lucas Company," or "Who needs heated seats when the tail pipe and muffler are six inches beneath your arse!"

Bro-Ham
08-10-10, 01:08 AM
After experiencing several British cars I just know they were all designed by drunks, made by drunks, and driven by drunks. You can't shake your head in disbelief often enough when you're sober and otherwise trying to make sense of your situation. Cheers! :)

By the way, did that 75 Caddy deliver the moonshine or what?!? That tough car would outlast that jagoff driver easily. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-10, 01:16 AM
To me, and ideal car show would be multiple ways to destroy or sabotage hybrids plus frustrate and disgrace the people who drive or admire them. :)

That sounds like fun. I always wanted to bring a big mean Suburban to a Prius owners meeting and just do big smokey burnouts while they watch and scowl.

Bro-Ham
08-10-10, 01:20 AM
That sounds like fun. I always wanted to bring a big mean Suburban to a Prius owners meeting and just do big smokey burnouts while they watch and scowl.

That sounds nice Chad, but I can't stop thinking about those cash for clunkers youtube videos and how I want to see the same happen for hybrids. Talk about a good and entertaining TV show idea and I guarantee a lot of people would love it. :)

drewsdeville
08-10-10, 10:27 AM
Good lord, lots of stereotyping on this board...:annoyed:

The Tony Show
08-10-10, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the Internet.

Stingroo
08-10-10, 02:48 PM
Interwebz r skary, y0.

Jesda
08-10-10, 03:03 PM
Chad is light enough to be The Stig.