: 2005 STS any supercharger kits?

rob3980
08-07-10, 12:34 AM
Ok so i just got my 2005 STS with the V8 about 3 months ago and i regret not getting the sts-v now! And i cannot finance another car even if i sell this one so i am wondering if there is any supercharger kits out there for this vehicle?

rob3980
08-07-10, 12:38 AM
I guess I should also ask what other performance options there is for this car besides exhaust and intake?

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 09:11 AM
Yea, its called the STS-V

rob3980
08-07-10, 11:31 AM
Yeah if ya read my first post i already said i cant finance another car so im stuck trying to slap a charger on the one i have! SO are there any kits out there made for the regular v8 sts?

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 11:43 AM
No, my point is in order to custom fab what you want out of this car, your better off trading it in on an STS-V, 469 HP and at least a small aftermarket.

Exhaust
Borla
Corsa
GM Performance

Intake
Volant CIA
K&N Panel

thats it.

What are you trying to get out of it? These cars are quick but they arent muscle cars, I have a 99 SS Camaro for my speed fix.

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 11:48 AM
Could always spray it but I prefer pedal power not button balls

rob3980
08-07-10, 11:56 AM
Problem is i cant get anymore credit extended to me right now because i have too much out right now so i have to keep the car that i have! Which sucks or i would just buy the V. This is my first caddy i have ever owned and absolutely love the car but id like to get it to the mid 4's in a 0 to 60 ! Im def going to add Intake and Exhaust a supercharger at this point may just be too much ! Is there a chip or a hand held tuner out there for the car? Because if you add a intake and exhaust wont codes start popping up ? I do have my 83 trans am that im restoring and just dropped in a nice 350 with 400hp into it! I had my 08 CBR 1000RR for my speed fix until i let my roommate drive it ! RIP CBR! LOL

550HP STSV
08-07-10, 12:15 PM
mid 4's, 0-60. lol you dont know very much about cars I see.

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 12:31 PM
Mid 4s is CTS-V with 556 hp.
Forget it, youll never touch that in an N/A STS N* and not without a full D3 or Mallett S/C N* STS-V (even that will be close)

You have zero credit but you expect to get a 0-60 in 7 second car down into the 4s. Even if it was possible expect to spend Tens of Thousands to do it.

Theres a saying, pick two of three, good fast and cheap.
If you want your car to be good and fast it wont be cheap
If you want your car to be cheap and fast it wont be good
If you want your car to be cheap and good it wont be fast

Enjoy it for what it is, a sporty sedan which can move 5 people from a-b in style and with some speed.

Subsailor613
08-07-10, 02:58 PM
Also ! Our cars have a compression ratio of over 9 to 1, this is NOT a good ratio to be supercharging.
usually around the low 8's to 1 are desireable,so as to NOT tear up the engine. Good Luck.
ALL of the above posts, should be considered, ALL GOOD advise.

rob3980
08-07-10, 03:03 PM
I know about cars but know nothing about cadillacs and my knowledge of cars is minimal I do admit! :) Like when you talk about compression ratio and stuff that is like chinese to me lol

jedhead
08-12-10, 07:26 AM
Your best bet is to save your money and get a STS-V if you want the same body style. The interior is better with the V and you have all the suspension and drivetrain mods to support the extra power. The N* LC3 that is in the V is quite a bit different than the N* you have in your STS. The engine was heavily modified to live under the much higher stresses. Some of the mods are the lower compression pistons, oil cooling for the pistons, smaller bore so the cylinder walls are thicker and on and on.

Bob

TSS
08-12-10, 09:35 AM
Although you don't like the answer, I think you have it. You are inviting trouble in terms of other parts failing by slapping a Supercharger on the N*. Be patient, save your money, improve your credit availablility, and then get a V if that's what you want.

fps_dean
08-15-10, 09:04 PM
You have zero credit but you expect to get a 0-60 in 7 second car down into the 4s.

It's a bit better than a 7s car....motortrend tested a v8 STS to 5.4s which is pretty good, but I'm not sure how much improvement one could possibly make. Some said putting a flowmaster style exhaust could give a small hp increase.

But seriously, the N* is plenty good enough for me... if I was a speed freak, I'd look for a Pontiac GTO/G8, Mustang, Camero, Corvette, or if I wanted a sedan then a CTS-V. Here's a good candidate: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-6-0L-CD-Locking-Rear-Differential-Rear-Wheel-Drive-/320574307252?pt=US_Cars_Trucks

EChas3
08-15-10, 10:34 PM
0-60 in 5.4? Not stock!

bbshriver
08-17-10, 11:43 AM
Also remember that GM reduced displacement for the STS-V from 4.6L to 4.4L to increase the block strength. Granted, they have to warranty what they build, thus a bit more conservatism in design, but there was a reason for it, and this would apply to aftermarket just as well.

TSS
08-18-10, 09:56 AM
0-60 in 5.4? Not stock!

I remember a number like that for a RWD V8 tested. That number was never matched again. It was one of the first tests ever - a ringer. Some folks like to latch on to it anyway. I recall mid 6s 0-60 being very common for RWD V8 testing thereafter. Don't feel bad if you have a V8 STS, that is still a respectable number. If you want to feel bad, feel bad for me. My 06 N* SRX was supposed to do 0-60 in 6.4 according to more than one test. Not a chance. Not even a close chance. Something to do with GM re-flashing the ECM to prevent drivetrain failure I am told. That thing was clearly in the mid 7s. Fortunately, I bought it for different reasons, not speed. The only two cars I have has where numbers posted by the rags seem to equal my real life experience is with my 07 Lade and my 09 Impala SS.

bbshriver
08-18-10, 10:26 AM
Remember that some car mags (C&D for one) will test in full "drag-race" mode, using power-braking etc. They have the luxury of giving the car back at the end of a test and not worrying about the repair bill.

dkozloski
08-18-10, 12:59 PM
Power braking kills acceleration times. When you apply the gas and the brakes simultaneously on an STS the ECM pulls timing and reduces torque to protect the mechanicals. For the best times, release the brakes and then nail the gas for a quarter mile run in the mid thirteens.

bbshriver
08-18-10, 01:36 PM
While I don't know what the best technique for achieving top acceleration times is in an STS, I was just pointing out that a magazine likely tests cars in a much different manner than most owners would.

CadillacSTS42005
08-19-10, 10:12 PM
It's a bit better than a 7s car....motortrend tested a v8 STS to 5.4s which is pretty good, but I'm not sure how much improvement one could possibly make. Some said putting a flowmaster style exhaust could give a small hp increase.

ROFL!
maybe with a 200 shot of nitrous oxide going downhill with a tail wind
STS-V with 469 HP is good stock for the high 4s 0-60, the STS RWD V8 is a 6.5 AWD is 6.9 period.

TimmyC
08-23-10, 12:37 AM
If you don't have any credit I suggest using your money to pay down debt. It's boring, but MUCH better in the long run.

JackG
08-27-10, 01:03 PM
Use this $$ to pay your creditors

TobyJohnson11
08-30-10, 07:35 PM
Could always spray it but I prefer pedal power not button balls

This is funny. Has anyone actually sprayed a STS N*?

songhai
06-12-13, 03:20 AM
Post deleted. DO NOT, ever, discuss street racing in CF. Next time, you earn a permanent vacation from the site.

orange57
06-12-13, 07:50 AM
I wish I could be that cool too.

Racing should be saved for the track.

Charles Warren
06-12-13, 11:06 AM
i hate to be an a$$ but if the fwd sts did 0-60 in low 6's why would the rwd do it any slower???? and compression on a car has to be greater than 9:1 to be forced to use 91 octane 10.5:1 to be exact and 0-60 should be 6 sec flat or better, and bottom end in a northstar is very stout pistons might be an issue but doubt anybody on here would tear one up with a good intercooled blower but might as well go turbo or centrifigul and leave the roots style to the v. If i had my gtp running I would be the first twin turbo sts with lh2, wouldnt run over 8 psi but thats plenty and diff would hate me but bet trans wouldnt but wont be able to tell yall =(

----------

and nos would be nice but i have enough junk in my trunk now lol, full size spare, spare hid parts,tools, shoes, jackets, shovels, black bags, etc

EChas3
06-12-13, 10:08 PM
Tire questions in a supercharger thread?

Mod please close this thread. The only kit goes by the name of

V

zlgibby
06-16-13, 09:26 PM
Amen to that! Want more power wait save up buy the V. Till then enjoy the 300hp :D I bought my STS for the ride not speed well that is till I find my sts v :devil:

Charles Warren
06-17-13, 01:24 PM
i would like a sts v but ill go with the roadster next time lol, getting to the mid life era lol

1BadCadSTS
06-17-13, 01:27 PM
i would like a sts v but ill go with the roadster next time lol, getting to the mid life era lol

They make a car for that. It's the xlr-v lol.