: I guess I have come full circle.

ga_etc
08-06-10, 05:35 PM
I may have screwed up, but it's too late now. The deal is done. I traded cars... again. I traded the '91 Deville for a 1995 Camaro. It's not perfect by any means but with a little elbow grease and probably a busted knuckle or two she'll be good to go. It's a '95, 3.4 V6 automatic, power windows/locks/mirrors and driver seat. It's a T-top car and even surprisingly has black leather. I enjoyed the Deville and I had spent some money trying to get it how I wanted it, but I ran across the Camaro and thought it was a little better suited to drive to school. Better on gas to boot. For better or worse, here she is:

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/0806101552.jpg

I'll get some better pictures when I get it cleaned up.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-10, 05:37 PM
You could have done a lot worse. How soon are you swapping the 3.4 for an LT-1? :p Didn't you have a '98 Camaro or something at one point? That white with black roof looks really sweet! I can't think of the last time I saw a white 4th generation.

ga_etc
08-06-10, 05:44 PM
Yes, I had a Cayenne Red '98 Camaro. It was optioned up like this one: all power, t-tops, V6, auto. I traded it in on the ETC. So I traded a Camaro for a Cadillac, and now a Cadillac for a Camaro. Full circle of sorts.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-10, 05:44 PM
Sure beats a Z34 Lumina! :)

ga_etc
08-06-10, 05:46 PM
I was waiting for that lol. If the Camaro was a straight shift it would be awesome.

Stingroo
08-06-10, 05:48 PM
And it would get better gas mileage as a stick too....

But on the bright side, now AFTER school you too have a good candidate for an LSx swap. We can do it together! :D

ga_etc
08-06-10, 05:53 PM
There are endless options with this thing.

Jesda
08-06-10, 06:00 PM
Not bad at all. Whose Jeep is that?

ga_etc
08-06-10, 06:11 PM
My cousin's. I borrowed it the other day and drove it to work. Fun around town, SUCKS on the interstate.

ga_etc
08-06-10, 06:34 PM
Additional preliminary pictures. Just the way I drove it home.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/0806101817.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/0806101816.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/0806101817a.jpg

First things on the list are plugs, wires, hollow out the Cat, and recharge the A/C.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-10, 06:39 PM
Clean the wheels up a bit and she'll look great. I recommend Meguire's Wheel Shine, then a coating of Wheel Wax. I've never used a cleaner as strong as Meguires' and that Wheel Wax makes the brake dust not stick to the wheels, so it'll shine for longer.

ga_etc
08-06-10, 06:44 PM
Cool. Meguire's is about the only products I use on my cars. I have to start hunting for a replacement driver seat soon. Someone must have had a knife on their side or something to do that to the seat.

93DevilleUSMC
08-06-10, 07:59 PM
I'm glad you found a nice Camaro, man. Now you have the best of both of GM's worlds: a sporty Camaro and a luxurious (not to mention demonicly fast) V-8 powered Cadillac luxury coupe.

V-Eight
08-06-10, 08:16 PM
I can't think of the last time I saw a white 4th generation.

What about Arons? :P

Aron9000
08-06-10, 09:10 PM
White looks great on the 4th gens . . . .

As for the options, I thought the black mirrors was a Z28 thing, and V6 cars got body colored mirrors. But what the hell do I know, my Z28 has body colored mirrors, but maybe that was a convertible thing. Anyways, I've never seen a V6 with black mirrors, always body colored.

Personally I would've kept the Cadillac unless it was a LT1 or LS1 Camaro. Of course I know you're young(under 25) and insurance is murder on a V8 Camaro. I know the Cadillac was probably owned by some old fart, taken care of, and not abused. Camaros, well they tend to get used up a lot faster, lol.

ga_etc
08-06-10, 09:31 PM
I traded because the Deville wasn't used for what it was originally bought for. It was supposed to take some of the work load off the Eldorado. It didn't happen and there was still something going on with it. I'm starting back to college soon. I figured the Camaro is the better choice to leave in the parking lot. It's cheaper and easier to work on, and parts are easier to come by. I love Camaros, but this one is just an old car. It's surprisingly in pretty good shape to have 195,225 miles on it. A little TLC and it'll look like a different car. I'm still surprised that it's a V6 with leather.

77CDV
08-07-10, 02:01 AM
Congrats! I'll miss the Deville, but at least you still have the Eldo. Tell Norman Bates to stay away from your driver's seat!

ben.gators
08-07-10, 02:37 AM
Nice ride! Good, hope you enjoy it. I know you will miss Deville, but look at good side! I bet chicks in school will like this Camaro more than 91 Deville! :D

And as Chad said, take care of rims and tires! I don't know why I always comment about the rims of your cars! :lildevil:

About driver seat, mine was heavily worn. I could find a very clean driver seat from http://www.car-part.com/ for 90$! :D

Try it!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-10, 07:53 AM
I always wanted an LT1 Camaro. When I worked at the Chevy dealer, I drove one once and LOVED it. It's not a practical car for me, and I don't have room for 2 cars, otherwise I'd probably snap one up.

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 08:59 AM
You could have done a lot worse. How soon are you swapping the 3.4 for an LT-1? :p Didn't you have a '98 Camaro or something at one point? That white with black roof looks really sweet! I can't think of the last time I saw a white 4th generation.

LT1 swap is a waste of time. Cradle tranny and harness has to be swapped, rear should be to get posi, to gain 80 hp!? LS1 swap is worth it or LS6/2 would be better. Or turbo/supercharge the V6 in it.

Enjoy the car, make sure the ttops arent leaking at all, treat the leather asap to help prevent the bolster from ripping. Take it easy on the rear, they are problematic.

EDIT never mind see your drivers seat already has it lol

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 09:15 AM
There are endless options with this thing.

Yup below are my mods on my 98 Z/28 SS Clone

TR224 114 LSA, LS2 Chain Gears & Trays, LS7 Lifters, Manley PRs, Texas Speed Ported/Shimmed Oil Pump, SLP SS Hood, SLP SS Grille, SLP Lid, K&N Panel, SLP Bilstein Strut/Spring Package, 1LE Front Sway, PS LTs & ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, TUNED BY JJS PERFORMANCE, Pioneer AVH-4000 HU, All Infinity Speakers.

Before the SLP SS Grille and lowering

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs092.snc1/4671_546375517272_35107119_32915940_98471_n.jpg

ga_etc
08-07-10, 05:34 PM
Wow, good looking car.

Just ran the VIN for mine through the decoder and learned the name of the color. Arctic White with Graphite leather. Also learned that someone who owned the car before was stupid. It was originally equipped with the Delco/Bose CD player, and they took it out! Why in the hell would you do that and replace it with a cheap ass Duraband POS from Walmart? And because the D/B system has a built in amp and the original radio is gone, the speakers won't play. The door speakers are working right now, but only because someone has speaker wire run to them. People kill me with their stupidity.

hueterm
08-07-10, 05:46 PM
Maybe the D/B system went out....I'm sure it's not a cheap replacement...

ben.gators
08-07-10, 06:46 PM
Maybe the D/B system went out....I'm sure it's not a cheap replacement...

I was going to say the same thing but you posted before! :D

However still the guy might find a used cheap one from junk yards. It would be much better and safer than messing with wirings of the car.

ben.gators
08-07-10, 06:50 PM
Wow, good looking car.

Just ran the VIN for mine through the decoder and learned the name of the color. Arctic White with Graphite leather. Also learned that someone who owned the car before was stupid. It was originally equipped with the Delco/Bose CD player, and they took it out! Why in the hell would you do that and replace it with a cheap ass Duraband POS from Walmart? And because the D/B system has a built in amp and the original radio is gone, the speakers won't play. The door speakers are working right now, but only because someone has speaker wire run to them. People kill me with their stupidity.

I hope by wire running you are not addressing that blue (green ?) wire that goes to the door in the following picture!!! Else I would candidate the previous owner as the idiot of the year!

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv220/austin99etc/0806101817a.jpg

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-10, 07:03 PM
Wow, good looking car.

Thanks a lot. I picked it up cheap for 5k cash (killer price for a 104k LS1) and have spend the last few years picking away at small mods until i finally went under the knife and replaced the whole valvetrain due to a collapsed lifter (was there when i bought it).

As for your HU if you look in the hatch there is a 6.5 or 8 inch bose woofer in a self enclosure. I bet the bose is all they they just replaced the HU. You can do that with Camaros. My SS had a Monsoon system, the only thing left is the amp which sounds awesome.
The bose deck that was in the Camaros had CD issues the unit probably stopped playing CDs so he went with a cheappy.

Aron9000
08-08-10, 02:20 AM
I know the Monsoon units in later Camaros sucks. The speakers blow, and you can't replace them with regular aftermarket speakers because they run at a different ohm load than most anything else. So its either replace with new Monsoon speakers or junk the factory head unit, go aftermarket, and run speaker wire to new aftermarket speakers.

CadillacSTS42005
08-08-10, 07:50 AM
I know the Monsoon units in later Camaros sucks. The speakers blow, and you can't replace them with regular aftermarket speakers because they run at a different ohm load than most anything else. So its either replace with new Monsoon speakers or junk the factory head unit, go aftermarket, and run speaker wire to new aftermarket speakers.

Wrong
Monsoon run 2 ohm, Infinity Kappas are a direct replacement, which is what I have in mine running off the stock Monsoon amp with a Pioneer AVH deck. Not a single new wire was run and the Monsoon amp turns on when it detects a sound signal source so no interface is needed to use it, it Sounds AMAZING.
The stock Monsoon speaker are crap though just like any stock driver they are paper and get destroyed after age gets to them.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 09:45 AM
I traded because the Deville wasn't used for what it was originally bought for. It was supposed to take some of the work load off the Eldorado. It didn't happen and there was still something going on with it. I'm starting back to college soon. I figured the Camaro is the better choice to leave in the parking lot. It's cheaper and easier to work on, and parts are easier to come by. I love Camaros, but this one is just an old car. It's surprisingly in pretty good shape to have 195,225 miles on it. A little TLC and it'll look like a different car. I'm still surprised that it's a V6 with leather.

Reminds of my '95 Z28 'vert. Same colors in/out with leather.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/misc/3142.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/misc/3140.jpg

ga_etc
08-08-10, 10:55 AM
Reminds of my '95 Z28 'vert. Same colors in/out with leather.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/misc/3142.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/misc/3140.jpg

That's how mine is supposed to look, but the outside of the car has seen better days. There's nothing wrong with the car that can't be fixed. I could spend a grand, or less, on it and have it looking like it just rolled off the show room floor, but it's pointless right now even if I had the cash to do it. The whole purpose of the car is to get me back and forth to school with good gas mileage and be more fun to drive than the Deville. Maybe if she holds up she'll get used as a good project car later on down the road. Maybe a S/C 3800 swap. It would be interesting to see what could be achieved with that set up in a RWD format.

ga_etc
08-08-10, 10:57 AM
I hope by wire running you are not addressing that blue (green ?) wire that goes to the door in the following picture!!! Else I would candidate the previous owner as the idiot of the year!

Yes, that is exactly what you see. The passenger side is done the same way.

Anyone know of a way to hook the D/B amp back up to the aftermarket cd player and get everything working like it's supposed to?

CadillacSTS42005
08-08-10, 12:46 PM
Depends how they wired it in, pull the deck take some pictures and ill let you know.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 08:27 PM
Speaking of Camaro's, look what I stumbled upon: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/1885969100.html . No big deal right? Well, for me it is because I am the original owner of it. I put those Centerline mags on 15 years ago! I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. I already did an Autocheck and confirmed it was mine. It also has been through an accident since I had it and right now it seems as though there is a distributor problem and it ain't running too good. Doesn't appear to be in very good shape, just look at the house behind it, looks like it is in a trailer park. I don't need it but I'll probably buy it and keep it at the shop and maybe pass it to my son later on. I sold it when it was just 3 years old and under 30k miles. Had it before my wife, kids and all that. It was, in a way my last piece of freedom. Here's a few pics when the car was about a year old. Also notice my previous '67 Cutlass coupe and the '92 929 that both myself and my dad had a terrible time with:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/2827.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/2825.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/2826.jpg

Stingroo
08-08-10, 08:32 PM
We have a 929. I have a love-hate relationship with that car. I mostly hate it, because it was built for midgets.

ben.gators
08-08-10, 08:53 PM
Speaking of Camaro's, look what I stumbled upon: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/1885969100.html . No big deal right? Well, for me it is because I am the original owner of it. I put those Centerline mags on 15 years ago! I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. I already did an Autocheck and confirmed it was mine. It also has been through an accident since I had it and right now it seems as though there is a distributor problem and it ain't running too good. Doesn't appear to be in very good shape, just look at the house behind it, looks like it is in a trailer park. I don't need it but I'll probably buy it and keep it at the shop and maybe pass it to my son later on. I sold it when it was just 3 years old and under 30k miles. Had it before my wife, kids and all that. It was, in a way my last piece of freedom. Here's a few pics when the car was about a year old. Also notice my previous '67 Cutlass coupe and the '92 929 that both myself and my dad had a terrible time with:

Again, we live in a very small world! That is a good idea to buy it and keep it or pass it to you son! It is a nice car, and much more important it is more than a car for you....1600$ is a good deal if the problem is just a simple tune up. I would like to buy a Trans AM or 4 gen Camaro if I had space.... These are nice cars! By the way destroyer, are these Camaros very costly to maintain? I believe they should not be as costly as STS, but not very cheap too. Am I right?

hueterm
08-08-10, 09:50 PM
Don't tell the seller it was yours -- if you decide you want it, he'll jack up the price...

Destroyer
08-08-10, 10:12 PM
Again, we live in a very small world! That is a good idea to buy it and keep it or pass it to you son! It is a nice car, and much more important it is more than a car for you....1600$ is a good deal if the problem is just a simple tune up. I would like to buy a Trans AM or 4 gen Camaro if I had space.... These are nice cars! By the way destroyer, are these Camaros very costly to maintain? I believe they should not be as costly as STS, but not very cheap too. Am I right?

Looks like it needs paint, optispark and who knows what else. The current owners sound like, uhmm, trailer trash? I wonder if I will see mullets upon inspection of the car. I also wonder if the old girl will stand on her two hind wheels and pant like a dog when she sees me. I am expecting the worse and would buy it ONLY for sentimental reasons. Like I said, this car was my last breath of freedom and it got me a lot of girls too, lol! I've owned a few LT1 f body cars and a Caprice cop car. Generally speaking they are mechanically sound with the Optispark being the worse part about them. I never had the Optispark issue but the most I've owned one for was about 30-40k miles. I adore the LT-1. When the LS-1's came out the LT-1 became an obsolete, unsung hero. The TPI L98 were legendary and the LT1 motors were on a higher level but forgotten when the LSx motors appeared. The funny thing is that the LS1 motors weren't a whole lot faster. I raced a few '98 LS1 f bodies before I sold my '94 (in late '97) and beat them. Not by much but still beat them. I out shifted the other guys but still...........

Destroyer
08-08-10, 10:13 PM
Don't tell the seller it was yours -- if you decide you want it, he'll jack up the price...I know how to play the game bro :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-10, 10:19 PM
Lots of people swear by the LT1's and don't think that the LS1 is any superior in terms of performance.

Playdrv4me
08-08-10, 10:19 PM
I know how to play the game bro :)

But *DO* tell the seller AFTER you have the title in hand. I would love to hear about the look on his face.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 10:23 PM
We have a 929. I have a love-hate relationship with that car. I mostly hate it, because it was built for midgets.My dad bought the 929 new in '92. I was 21 at the time. I thought it was teriffic. The sound system was phenomenal, had a great feel in side. I didn't like that it didn't have a glove box but the car was cool as hell. I didn't notice a problem with space, I thought the car was pretty big but not in the rear seat height. Problem was that it liked to blow motors. 3 motors in all by the time I sold it (a little over 110k miles). Like any other car I have owned it enriched my experience with cars. I know what I like and what I don't. The 929 was a 1 time deal but I did enjoy it and liked it better than fwd N* Cadillacs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-10, 10:27 PM
The second generation 929 was a gorgeous car, very nicely proportioned with nicely flowing lines. I actually saw an '88 929 for sale at a client of mine last Friday, and I took a quick gander at it. Pretty loaded up for an 1988 Mazda....power seats, leather interior, sunroof, automatic climate control, power oscillating vents, etc etc. It looked a lot like my dad's '91 626, the car I learned how to drive in, but it was bigger and had more chrome trim.

Stingroo
08-08-10, 10:29 PM
Ours is solid. 108k miles. We got it with 68k from a guy who needed a water pump but didn't want to sell it. So he signed the title over to my dad who was a service advisor at the dealership. Bought the parts, went through the whole motor, and paid pretty much parts only plus a few twelve packs.

The lack of a glovebox never was apparent to me until someone mentioned it in another thread recently. lol I hate the rear seat height. I'm 5' 9" and still whack my head every time I get in and out of that damn car.

And the lack of tilt steering puts the steering wheel waaay too low for my comfort zone. I love my big floaty Caprice much more than the little 929.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-10, 10:38 PM
The 929 looks a lot longer than it is. I have the 1994 929 brochure in my collection, and I looked it up, and it's 193 inches long, so the "big mazda" is actually smaller than my midsized Buick.

The 929...they're RWD right?

Stingroo
08-08-10, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it's RWD.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 10:49 PM
The 929...they're RWD right?Yes they were. We are looking at things now and taking them at face value but you really had to be there in '92 to understand how significant the car was back then. Drive it today and it's not a whole lot different than most modern cars sans navigational systems and all that crap that is outdone by a $100 Garmin.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 10:59 PM
But *DO* tell the seller AFTER you have the title in hand. I would love to hear about the look on his face.Oh you know I will and it will be sweet!!! One of the "chicks" I picked with that car is my wife and she is thrilled about getting the car back!! I taught her how to drive stick in that car..........in more ways than 1, lol!!!!!!!!!!!

ben.gators
08-08-10, 11:03 PM
Like I said, this car was my last breath of freedom and it got me a lot of girls too, lol!

So your son will appreciate his dad a lot if you pass the car to him! :D I hope I was given such a car when I was a teenager! Mine was a Ford Fiesta! :banghead:

Anyway, I always decide and know my next car (cars) ahead of time! And fourth gen Camaro or Trans AM is one of them! Someday I will buy one!

As you said people living in a trailer do not (or better to say financially unable to) take a good care of a car! So make yourself ready for the case that you may see something horrible! And please update use about the car...

CadillacSTS42005
08-08-10, 11:14 PM
LT1 had its torque down lower, catch one off the line its a drivers race, catch an LS1 on the highway, stock for stock (assuming same rear end option as there was the 2.73, 3.23 and 3.42 rears) the LS1 will walk the LT1.

Destroyer
08-08-10, 11:31 PM
So your son will appreciate his dad a lot if you pass the car to him! :D I hope I was given such a car when I was a teenager! Mine was a Ford Fiesta! :banghead: You just sealed the deal, I will buy it no matter what!

Anyway, I always decide and know my next car (cars) ahead of time! And fourth gen Camaro or Trans AM is one of them! Someday I will buy one! Just stay the hell away from this one till I get it tomorrow, lol!

As you said people living in a trailer do not (or better to say financially unable to) take a good care of a car! So make yourself ready for the case that you may see something horrible! And please update use about the car...I don't care what shape it is in. I was the original owner and it seems like it has not been modded anymore than when it was mine. It has a hypertech "tune", a flowmaster exhaust and headers (I forget which) and a K&N filter. I'm gonna buy it in hopes of restoring it with my son someday (he's only 7 now). Like with any other car I sell, I always hope it winds up in the hands of an enthusiast, collector or just someone that just likes the damn thing enough to keep it clean and running good. This was obviously not the case with my '94 Z28. I will report on it tomorrow, with pics!!

Destroyer
08-08-10, 11:36 PM
LT1 had its torque down lower, catch one off the line its a drivers race, catch an LS1 on the highway, stock for stock (assuming same rear end option as there was the 2.73, 3.23 and 3.42 rears) the LS1 will walk the LT1.The LS1 cars I raced were "off the line" till well over a 100mph. Close and I had a few small mods but in all honesty, the 98-up Camaro's were ugly as all hell. the '93-'97 were much better looking in the front facia department............

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-09-10, 12:18 AM
So your son will appreciate his dad a lot if you pass the car to him! :D I hope I was given such a car when I was a teenager! Mine was a Ford Fiesta! :banghead:

Yeah, I kinda wish my dad passed the car he had when he was a teenager down to me too.....1966 Chevelle sport coupe. It was originally a 250 I-6 + 3 on the tree, but he later threw a 350 out of a 71 Impala into it and made it a four on the floor.

The LS1 cars I raced were "off the line" till well over a 100mph. Close and I had a few small mods but in all honesty, the 98-up Camaro's were ugly as all hell. the '93-'97 were much better looking in the front facia department............

Agreed 100%. I far prefer the recessed headlamps to the flush ones. So much so that I'd take an LT1 over an LS1 Z28 any day, even if it's down in power a little bit.

Aron9000
08-09-10, 12:22 AM
Hey, I like my LS1 catfish!!! As for which one is faster, the results sound about right if you were racing bone stock LS1's with your mods and you could launch and shift like a badass mofo. I still prefer the LS1 though, easier to work on, weighs less, makes more hp, better aftermarket.

Good luck getting your car back man, hope its in somewhat decent condition and hasn't been ragged out too hard.

Destroyer
08-09-10, 12:37 AM
Hey, I like my LS1 catfish!!! As for which one is faster, the results sound about right if you were racing bone stock LS1's with your mods and you could launch and shift like a badass mofo. I still prefer the LS1 though, easier to work on, weighs less, makes more hp, better aftermarket.

Good luck getting your car back man, hope its in somewhat decent condition and hasn't been ragged out too hard.Just from talking to the current owners inbred wife I'm pretty sure it's ragged out. I don't care, I'm still buying it. I like your LS1 catfish too! I just don't like looking at it from the front, lol!!!! It is a funny thing, as we get older we (guys) miss what we had and don't necessarily look ahead to the things that are and will be available. It's like Gene Simmons of KISS said, girls find you as popular as the current trend whereas a guy is a fan for life. I am now getting the cars I have always loved for dirt cheap pricing. If they break they will be fixed with no complaint. I cannot go wrong!

Destroyer
08-09-10, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I kinda wish my dad passed the car he had when he was a teenager down to me too.....1966 Chevelle sport coupe. It was originally a 250 I-6 + 3 on the tree, but he later threw a 350 out of a 71 Impala into it and made it a four on the floor. You would have had a car very much similar to my '67 Cutlass pictured with my '94 Z28 above. You would have had a great time with it, guaranteed!!!

Agreed 100%. I far prefer the recessed headlamps to the flush ones. So much so that I'd take an LT1 over an LS1 Z28 any day, even if it's down in power a little bit.It was popular for awhile to take the front end off a '93-'97 Camaro and put it on a double ugly '98-up car. I like fish and don't find the '98-up cars to look like fish. I just think they are ugly, period!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Stingroo
08-09-10, 01:21 AM
Man... cars that we were supposed to get... :( My mom gave, yes GAVE my dad's 455-powered '84 Olds Cutlass. That car was promised to be mine ever since I could tell what a car WAS (which was pretty damn early, :lol:). I'm still sad about it. :( I'm highly unlikely to find that same car again, so I'll have to build another. Someday, at least. :)

And yay! You agree with me. I think the 93-97 cars look much, much better as well. Much more aggressive and less goofy looking from the front.

Night Wolf
08-09-10, 01:33 AM
Nick, the find on your old Camaro is flat out, frickin sweet! Excited to hear about it and see the pictures... that's a cool story.

ga_etc
08-09-10, 02:04 AM
Destroyer, it is awesome to hear that you found your old Z28. What are the chances of that?!

I've been driving the Camaro around town today and I think I'm in trouble. The car is really starting to grow on me. I really loved the '98 Camaro that I had and still miss it. However, the '95 feels smaller and lighter to me. I think the '95 even handles a little better too. It feels like there is less body roll when you throw it into a curve. I dare say the F41 "firm ride and handling package" help. It rides fairly well and I have yet to bottom out pulling in a parking lot like I used to in the '98. With a few things sorted out it will be a really really decent old car. I wonder how the 3.4 would respond to a low boost turbo...

CadillacSTS42005
08-09-10, 02:26 AM
Agreed 100%. I far prefer the recessed headlamps to the flush ones. So much so that I'd take an LT1 over an LS1 Z28 any day, even if it's down in power a little bit.

GM pulled them out front to cut down on wind resistance, Drive a TA at 100+ and then turn on the headlamps, youll feel the drag. Personally i prefer the molded fenders and projector fog lamps on the catfish, equip it with a proper grille from SLP instead of the rubbermade garbage can stocker and you have one sleek looking car.

To Destroyer, if an LS1 couldnt walk you at 100 then they were all equipped with the 2.73 dog gears and yours had to have the 3.23 or they missed a shift (sticks had the 3.23 rear for LS1)

CadillacSTS42005
08-09-10, 02:33 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8331_556622033172_35107119_33360918_241767_n.jpg

not to mention the LS1 is worlds easier to do a build up on over an LT1

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs222.snc4/38425_584396013892_35107119_34306589_6698649_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs222.snc4/38425_584396018882_35107119_34306590_7057307_n.jpg

ga_etc
08-09-10, 05:26 PM
Went to the court house earlier today and transferred the tag from the Deville to the Camaro and sent the title off. So it's legally mine now. On the way back to the house I stopped by the shop that I normally deal with to have them take a quick look at it. Turns out that it's actually OBD-II, so it's easier to scan. According to the codes, the ailments it has right now is the TPS and EGR. Went to AutoZone and picked up the TPS for $35. The EGR is $157 so that will have to wait a day or two. When it cools off a little to something other than 100* I will go out and change it out and see how she does now.

CadillacSTS42005
08-09-10, 09:46 PM
Take the EGR off and soak it in some brake clean, usually carbon build up throws an EGR code and cleaning it out fixes it. Make sure the pintle moves freely, use a screw driver as a poker to break it free and work it in with the brake clean. Dont waste money on a new one.

Stingroo
08-09-10, 09:57 PM
^ I need to do that for the wagon too.... bleh.

ga_etc
08-09-10, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure that will work with this: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-EGR-Valve/1995-Chevrolet-Camaro/_/N-j1eoxZ93xpy?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=egr&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=31346_0_0_

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-09-10, 10:00 PM
Yeah, what Jason said. Cleaning it makes a lot more sense than replacing it, especially at those costs. I had to clean the EGR kinda frequently on the deVille, but it was fairly easy to get to.

CadillacSTS42005
08-09-10, 10:41 PM
Can still be done. Its a 3 pintle style, pretty sure there are 3 torx screws on the bottom where each valve is, worst case get an old pot, buy a thing of seafoam, dump the seafoam into the pot and let it soak over night.

ga_etc
08-09-10, 11:05 PM
Sounds a WHOLE LOT better than 150 bucks for a new one.

Destroyer
08-09-10, 11:33 PM
To Destroyer, if an LS1 couldnt walk you at 100 then they were all equipped with the 2.73 dog gears and yours had to have the 3.23 or they missed a shift (sticks had the 3.23 rear for LS1)Yeah, we are talking almost 13 years ago and I really wanted to race an LS1 car at the time. I recall getting a full 2-3 car length advantage off the line with both of them. I did not retain that 2-3 car length advantage, they were building up more top end but not enough by the time we had slow down. Me win. :)

CadillacSTS42005
08-09-10, 11:52 PM
Sad part is mod for mod the LS1 will show better gains and soon enough its trq and hp overwhelm the LT1.
My friend has a 95 Z28, full LT4 kit on it, big drag radials, 125 shot, and full suspension and he still cant touch me at the track off the bottle. When he hits that, he takes me every time. Personally Im a pedal power fan over a bottle button but each their own.

I like the fact to swap lifters you only have to pull the intake on the LT, wasnt a fan of yankin my heads just to swap lifters on mine.

Destroyer
08-11-10, 10:04 PM
Nick, the find on your old Camaro is flat out, frickin sweet! Excited to hear about it and see the pictures... that's a cool story.
They freigin' sold it AS I was going to go look at it! My fault for not going right away. May I'll get it next time. Sucks. :bomb:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-11-10, 10:09 PM
Damn! That's rough!

ga_etc
08-11-10, 10:10 PM
That's rough.

Destroyer
08-12-10, 11:45 PM
Damn! That's rough!Yeah it is. I was really feeling kinda nostalgic on my way there and really looking forward to seeing the car. I met my wife in that car............it was my last breath of freedom, lol. My bud Travis who was and still is a great friend of mine was really looking forward to seeing the car as well. He says it was that car that kindled his love for fast cars. He sold me his supercharged '04 Mach 1 a couple of years ago and now has a blown '08 Steeda Mustang (which isn't nearly as fast as the Mach, hah!). I really wanted to pay the red necks a visit and perhaps KILL them but I turned around and went home. I'm much better now, lol. :mad::bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-10, 11:50 PM
I suppose if you really wanted to, you could ask them who bought it, and find them and offer them a downright insane amount of money for it.

ga_etc
08-13-10, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't go with an insane amount of money. I would think $400-$500 over what they paid for it would be enough of a profit in such a short amount of time to resell the car.

On another note, I found out what ailment my Camaro has. The crankshaft position sensor is bad according to the scanner used today.

Destroyer
08-13-10, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't go with an insane amount of money. I would think $400-$500 over what they paid for it would be enough of a profit in such a short amount of time to resell the car.

On another note, I found out what ailment my Camaro has. The crankshaft position sensor is bad according to the scanner used today.Hope it is a cheap fix. I'm just gonna let my Camaro go. It just wasn't meant to be. :nono:

ga_etc
08-13-10, 12:27 AM
Hope it is a cheap fix. I'm just gonna let my Camaro go. It just wasn't meant to be. :nono:

$26-$33 depending on where I buy it, but it has to be ordered. And if you seriously want the car, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot to contact the newly acquired owners. Sounds like everyone was excited to see it again, not to mention you would have a hell of a story to tell.

Destroyer
08-13-10, 12:42 AM
$26-$33 depending on where I buy it, but it has to be ordered. And if you seriously want the car, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot to contact the newly acquired owners. Sounds like everyone was excited to see it again, not to mention you would have a hell of a story to tell.Nah, I just don't have the ambition to even get the new owners phone number. I'm pretty down about the whole thing............lol! It was cool just seeing it again, even if only in a Craigslist ad. At least I know the 'ole girl is still alive if not all that well. Hopefully whoever bought her will fix her up. :bouncy:

ga_etc
08-13-10, 12:48 AM
True. You should go after the XJS I found on Ebay. That is the kind of thing I would love to have. The style and sophistication of a Jaguar with the grunt and reliability of the LT1. :thumbsup:

gdwriter
08-13-10, 12:58 AM
Hey Nick, I'm trying to reply to the PM you sent, but your inbox is full. From the pictures you sent, those wood pieces look long. The length on the trim for the front door of mine is 14" and on the rear doors, it's 15".

Destroyer
08-13-10, 12:34 PM
Hey Nick, I'm trying to reply to the PM you sent, but your inbox is full. From the pictures you sent, those wood pieces look long. The length on the trim for the front door of mine is 14" and on the rear doors, it's 15".I'll take a measurement of them tomorrow. They are at my shop and I'm at home right now. I'll clear up the PM.

gdwriter
08-13-10, 12:57 PM
I'll take a measurement of them tomorrow. They are at my shop and I'm at home right now. I'll clear up the PM.Cool. Thanks. I'm sorry if it turns out that kid went to all that trouble for nothing.

I found a 99 STS via AutoTrader at a dealership in Salem, so I'm planning to swing by there tomorrow with my measuring tape. But do check the measurements on those pieces anyway.