Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Driver Seat Problem in luxury model SRX

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fsunoles 
#1 ·
We got our new 2010 SRX in April and have already had multiple issues with it. Most of these have been corrected. Things like the little chrome pieces under outside mirrors falling off, defect in leather on passenger seat, and other minor things have all been dealt with without too much frustration. However, the one thing that is driving me crazy, and the dealer has no answere for yet, is the driver seat is moving. On turns, the driver seat slightly shifts left and right, like it is a little too loose on its tracks. It is driving me crazy. The dealer said that they have had complaints from other owners as well and are waiting on GM to have a recall or something. Has anyone else experienced this?

#7 ·
That's totally insane. have your Dealer pull the seat and retighten/examine everything. As I see it........either something's broken/loose or a defective drive or gear. It ain't rocket science . Just basic mechanical skills here.

If they don't want to do it, or say it's not "covered", request District Rep be called to "request an exception" be made, as a "Courtesy" for a very unhappy/worried driver !

Or.......find another Dealer. It may be a minor issue (maybe not!) but it's irritating you on your daily drive. Ridiculous that they did not offer to pull/inspect the seat..............

SS

#10 ·
That's totally insane. have your Dealer pull the seat and retighten/examine everything. As I see it........either something's broken/loose or a defective drive or gear. It ain't rocket science . Just basic mechanical skills here.

If they don't want to do it, or say it's not "covered", request District Rep be called to "request an exception" be made, as a "Courtesy" for a very unhappy/worried driver !

Or.......find another Dealer. It may be a minor issue (maybe not!) but it's irritating you on your daily drive. Ridiculous that they did not offer to pull/inspect the seat..............

SS
I agree with Smokin'! Insist and escalate.

Personally, I'd hold my selling dealer's feet to the fire first, or whichever Cadillac dealer is most convenient to me, if dropping off and picking up a car for a service visit can be called convenient. It isn't.

And expecting a customer to wait until.....?!? You have to be kidding me. You'll be waiting until it snows in Hades and aggravated every day and every mile driven until then. You bought luxury and should expect nothing less.....and a tight seat isn't luxury!

#8 ·
Yes, I agree. I think it is ridiculous that they won't pull the seat too. But, the dealer said they have had a couple of other 2010 srx owners complain about this seat issue and they want to wait for GM to resolve it. Maybe I will just take it to another dealer like you suggest.

Thanks

#11 ·
Yes, to the original poster, I am having the same seat issues. I bought my 2010 in late July and I have complained about the seat. It shifts left and right when you make a turn. They 'fixed' it once by putting shims inside the seat, but honestly it isn't comfortable or fixed. The seat is hard and not balanced. One side feels harder than the other, like a lumbar is off whack. It is starting to hamper my feelings towards this new car. It's irritating every time I drive it. If the service manager doesn't fix it then I will try another dealer. Why are they so against just ordering a new seat all together?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.