: Everything's Late Lately

Lord Cadillac
08-04-10, 09:29 PM
I didn't want to put this on my (awesome) blog, http://www.blogofnothing.com - (and yes, it IS awesome) for various reasons. Anyway. Last night I had a scheduled appointment for a haircut at 7pm. I called beforehand just to make sure everything was set - and my haircutter (Ken) (and believe it or not, he's straight - and married) asked me if I could wait until 8pm because he was really busy. So, I called just before 8pm just to make sure everything was okay - and he asked me to come in an hour later at 9pm. Eh. No big deal. He cuts my hair so damn awesomely that I'm okay with the whole ordeal. Even though I didn't eat dinner until 11:30pm. I PLANNED on eating around 8pm but that didn't work out...

Fast forward to today and I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to New York to arrive. My best friend is dying on Sunday (well, getting married. Hah!). First, the flight was scheduled for 7:20pm.. When I got to my terminal, I saw the time was changed to 8:40pm. Right now, the plane has been sitting in Tampa's airport because of lightning - and at this moment in time, my flight has been rescheduled for 9:10pm.. But I'm not holding my breath - because the plane still hasn't left Tampa yet...

I suppose whenever that lightning stops and the plane takes off, we'll get another update with the new arrival time in West Palm Beach...

Everything's late lately...

Yes, I know.. This should have gone on my awesome blog (we already talked about that). And, yes - it really IS awesome... Sal's Blog of Nothing (http://www.blogofnothing.com)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-10, 09:36 PM
The guy that runs the barber shop my dad goes to is straight and married. Typically when I think of a barber, I think of an older married man, now, a salon on the other hand.....

I get my haircut by a girl I went to high school with, she does it at her apartment and charges me nothing. :)

Lord Cadillac
08-04-10, 09:37 PM
9:40pm now... I wonder what time it'll be arriving next?

Oh and I go to a salon. My hair is so darn complex, I can't go to a barber. :p

Stingroo
08-04-10, 09:44 PM
My hair is so easy occasionally I cut it myself. lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-10, 09:46 PM
What is the difference anyways between a salon & barber? I always thought barber was more masculine, and salon more feminine. Are they different from a price point or what? Called different names in different parts of the country..?

Lord Cadillac
08-04-10, 09:51 PM
A salon is more expensive and more feminine. I used to have very long hair (remember?) so I couldn't go to a barber. When I cut my hair in New York, I had an excellent barber - but my hair was so short, there really wasn't much style to it. Nowadays, I have a specific style that I really like - and I just don't trust a barber with it. The people more experienced with difficult styles (barbers tend to cut simple hair) usually work in salons where they have very picky customers. I figure I'm in safer hands in a salon...

Besides all that, there's never anything nice to look at while I'm getting my hair cut at a barber. ;)

77CDV
08-04-10, 10:06 PM
In a salon, the sylists work on both men and women (though mostly women). Barbers typically work on men only. In fact, at the barbershop I use here in town, there are never any women to be seen (except in the girlie mags or plastered on the walls). Even young boys are brought in by their dads, never their moms. A real barbershop is the last true all-male bastion in American society.

For those who have seen me and wonder why I bother with a barber at all, it's just sort of a comfortable ritual. My dad started taking me to the barber's when I was little, and I just keep going, even though practically I could DIY at this point. The salon was where Mom went to get her hair done once a week, and it smelled funny. :lol:

Stingroo
08-04-10, 10:31 PM
lol Craig. No one rags on your hair (or lack thereof). You're a cool guy. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-10, 11:06 PM
But Sal, the question remains......is Danielle late? ;)

Stingroo
08-04-10, 11:07 PM
But Sal, the question remains......is Danielle late? ;)

I hope not! He's got another blog rant about procreating... :lol:

Jesda
08-04-10, 11:20 PM
I scrolled past every post except the one about Danielle being late.

IS THERE A MINI-SAL COMING?

SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP A BABY WITH AN EXPRESSIONLESS SUPERMODEL FACE :D

gdwriter
08-04-10, 11:28 PM
I do it myself. Very little left to bother with, but I still do it every couple of weeks because what's left tends to grow fairly fast and funny.

And as a former frequent flier, I always appreciate it when my flight is on time. Considering all the traveling I've done this year, nine trips since December, I don't think any flight except for one was any more than 15 minutes late if that. My flight back from Phoenix in January was about an hour late I think. Not a bad batting average.