: 18" Chrome wheels

doctormstein1
08-03-10, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know or any real nice 18 inch chrome wheels

smiley47
08-04-10, 11:12 AM
The challenge in finding custom wheels is the SRX 6 lug pattern which severely limits selection of wheels on the shelf. I have the 20" wheels and was lucky enough to find a good custom wheel shop that does wheel packages for Cadillac dealers. They'll be about half the price the dealer would charge.

They should have undrilled blanks of various styles that the distributor can custom drill for any lug pattern. I have Strada Diablo's but I don't think they're available in 18" size. You should be able to find a nice selection to choose from.

Smokin' SRX
08-09-10, 01:17 AM
As an alternative, see Ebay ("2010 SRX wheels") for companies that chrome your wheels for about $675 ! They can sell you the wheels w/ a deposit till you send them your old ones. So you always have wheels. Pix are stunning. Take a look? Good luck!

SS

TheCaptain
08-09-10, 04:27 PM
That is true! The 18" stockers in chrome look fanstastic!

Although to blingy for winter tires for me. lol Anybody have a set of 18" stockers willing to sell?

leftturn
08-10-10, 11:41 AM
why 18's? I think they are a little small for the car. I got 20 inch rims and they still look a little small

Smokin' SRX
08-10-10, 11:23 PM
Just a tech point....The ride is better w/ 18's over 20's by a about 10%. (the 18" tires have a 7/8 " taller side wall) I intend to go for 255/55/20 (stock is 235/55/20) when mine wear out cause I agree there could be some more rubber in those wheel wells. They are .8" taller overall, and mainly .4" more SIDEWALL, for a better ride. I still have to make certain they fit. But I suspect they will clear. Speedo change is 1.8 MPH faster than speedo says. All else should be OK. However, I will incur about a 3% DECREASE in acceleration due to the taller tires. Worth the better ride to me.

Will post when time comes, in about 6 months.

SS