: Boost gauge does not work on my 2009 cts-v that just arrived

leeg427
08-02-10, 10:45 PM
ANY IDEAS ( I CAN HEAR THE SUPERCHARGER)I ran it up in several gears and no movement.

Second problem

There is a key in the ignition that you turn the car on with but I cant get it to rotate to the 9 o;clock position (off/lock) and I cant remove it from the column

Manual shift car with keyless remote

Any ideas?

LeeG427

digital1021
08-02-10, 10:51 PM
The "Key" doesn't remove, it is just a switch, and will not work if the key fob isn't in range. Range, in this case is inside the car, and particularly in the front seats.

The boost gauge problem would best be solved by taking it to the dealer. The car should have at least a 4yr/50,000mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 5yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty.

~ Matt

leeg427
08-02-10, 11:22 PM
Matt thanks for the key info
Any thoughts about why it wont turn to the 9 o'clock off position or am I missing something

Boost gage yep I figured thats what folks would say but I thought maybe someone had happen to them and could let me know what the gremlin was

Reportedly the Honolulu Cadillac dealer service dept is hopeless :-(

baabootoo
08-03-10, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by 9 o'clock, but there's three positions that it stays in; Off, Acc, and On.

IBNR
08-03-10, 02:03 AM
Sorry, but re the key switch, did you read the manual for the car? Well worth it, lots of good stuff in there....

shchow
08-03-10, 03:52 PM
Did your salesman even briefly introduce you to your car?
Since you didn't even know that that was not a key on the steering column, it calls into question about your question concerning the boost gauge.
Doubt you have any problems with your boost gauge...

Gary Wells
08-03-10, 05:30 PM
The OP only states that he just received the car, doesn't say that it was brand new and there may not have been a salesman involved. Guy could be overseas, like Hawaii or something like that, so this might have been like a mail order bride, where the item did not come in as nice as it looked in the catalogue.

dqw1
08-03-10, 05:43 PM
I hope the service guys didn't try to remove key switch to get the "key" out...

shchow
08-03-10, 08:12 PM
The OP only states that he just received the car, doesn't say that it was brand new and there may not have been a salesman involved. Guy could be overseas, like Hawaii or something like that, so this might have been like a mail order bride, where the item did not come in as nice as it looked in the catalogue.

There is a key in the ignition that you turn the car on with but I cant get it to rotate to the 9 o;clock position (off/lock) and I cant remove it from the column

Manual shift car with keyless remote

OK, will give him the benefit of the doubt:nono:

V&Vette
08-03-10, 08:17 PM
Hmm i'm curious as to something. The boost gauge? Could the OP possibly mean the G meter gauge? In that case, that particular gauge doesn't measure how fast you're running the car but the G's attained. Could there be confusion here?

nynd
08-03-10, 08:30 PM
The 9 o'clock position is like the old style cars, that you could move the key back to accessory. This is not that type of car - accessory is in position I. Run.. position II and start - well, you get the picture.

Boost Gauge - could be simple as a vacuum hose that is not connected to the cluster or to the other end of the engine vacuum. Or I'm guessing you haven't really stepped on the car to make it go.. then and only then you'll see that gauge move. Its not like an old school were it moves with the accelerator position. It'll show boost when boost is required! Supercharger is always spinning...