: Question for Verizon Blackberry owners

agp
08-02-10, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a Blackberry for a while, and have been doing some research, but everywhere I look, people say that Verizon forces Berry owners to purchase a data plan. Is this true? Is it possible to use a Verizon Berry to call/text withOUT a data plan? And if you ask why I/anyone would want a Berry without a data plan - I'm a college student and I can't afford to pay $45 a month just to browse the internet on my phone, but I really like Blackberries/Brick Breaker :thumbsup:

nikon
08-02-10, 05:38 PM
yes, your forced to get a data plan, it's 30$ not 45$.....most phones now, with most providers, unless they are very basic require either a texting plan or internet plan.

agp
08-02-10, 08:10 PM
I'm just looking at the phones on Verizon's website - I currently have the LG Chocolate Touch, and Verizon says that it requires the $9.99 data package, but I only have the 450 minutes plan + unlimited text to Verizon... Maybe Verizon just says that you need the plan?

nikon
08-02-10, 09:10 PM
No blackberrys have their own plan. 30$ for normal, and 45$ for enterprise.

iowasevillests
08-02-10, 11:47 PM
I'm just looking at the phones on Verizon's website - I currently have the LG Chocolate Touch, and Verizon says that it requires the $9.99 data package, but I only have the 450 minutes plan + unlimited text to Verizon... Maybe Verizon just says that you need the plan?

You got in under the previous contract where you didn't need the data plan. They've changed that now and lots of the phones require the data plans now, price just varies based on how much data the average user of that phone uses. I have a blackberry pearl on verizon and love the phone, am very likely gonna upgrade to the new droid 2 next month though. Probably the biggest thing I'll miss though on the crackberry is the blackberry messenger feature, even though I only ever message 2 people its great, no message length limits, can tell when they're writing back, can easily send pics, add people to conversations

agp
08-03-10, 12:25 AM
I guess I'll have to wait until I graduate and find a job before getting a Berry =/

Jesda
08-03-10, 07:33 AM
Sprint doesnt charge extra.