: Saved by the rear motion sensors

stevec5375
08-01-10, 05:12 PM
I was backing up in a parking lot and there was nothing behind me. Suddenly, my rear parking sensors went off like mad. I looked the rear view screen and this dweeb on a cell phone in his truck was going to back right into me. I quickly threw it into drive and got out of the way. Saved by the sensors!

Ponyman
08-01-10, 05:24 PM
Mine saved me a while back. I was at a convenience store geting ready to back out. The backup camera hadn't come up yet, when suddenly the sensors went crazy. Jerk had pulled in and parked right behind me blocking the way out. He wasn't there when I looked in the review mirror, but in the time it took me to put the car in reverse and start to move he had pulled in, and it wasn't even a parking spot, I was in the parking spot. I gave him a piece of my mind. Probably lucky he didn't kick my ass, as he was young and I am well past middle age.

Smokin' SRX
08-10-10, 12:34 AM
It's amazing what people do in parking lots. Never mind the highways!!

My wife seems to hit the "P" sensor button on lower right of center console. She tosses stuff into the little cubby behind shifter and must hit the button, turning OFF the sensors. I.m training her to look for the yellow lite, so she knows it's ON. I think theres a message also, when the car is in Reverse on the screen............yup just checked. that'll help a bit.

SS