: Most expensive ticket I ever got

Angry Matt
08-01-10, 09:45 AM
I just got popped for going over a 5T bridge in my work truck on tuesday, after hitting a tree on monday and breaking down for four hours on friday. I've always heard the horror stories of being caught overweight, but never had the pleasure. $2304.50.:bonkers: Can anybody beat that? I was just under 10T and they just lowered the limit from 10 a month ago, so naturally there was a cop sitting on the other side making money for the township. I can't get out of it because it was posted so it was my fault, it just sucks.

And for the record I've driven for years and never had a run of luck like this.

dkozloski
08-01-10, 11:13 AM
If it was posted you should have gotten a ticket for inattentive driving as well.

Kev
08-01-10, 11:28 AM
If it was posted you should have gotten a ticket for inattentive driving as well.
Angry Matt, the above response from DKoz is exactly why my favorite personal quote is;

"Never be too hard on yourself, there are plenty of people willing to do that for you."

I hope this little string of incidences doesn't cost you your job. We can all use some grace and mercy now and then.

Good luck!

77CDV
08-01-10, 05:30 PM
Well, that sucks. Hope it doesn't affect your job. I know commercial drivers catch holy hell from their employers for even the most minor traffic violations.

dkozloski
08-01-10, 06:08 PM
Back in the old navy, I forgot that I had about 10 tons of explosives on my truck about 2/3 of the way across the Benicia Bridge where hazardous loads were prohibited. Then I remembered that I hadn't flipped the DOT cards over either so I bluffed it out. Hell, I probably was looking at a courts martial and time in the brig.

That's why I know you were wool gathering when you should have been on your game.

Angry Matt
08-01-10, 07:21 PM
I was actually talking about cadillacs at the time, and I got a raise and a promotion that day.

Kev
08-01-10, 07:39 PM
No! Go figure!

77CDV
08-01-10, 08:26 PM
So, s**t streak broken, then.