: Ford Edge Sport vs. 2010 SRX Performance

interfx
07-31-10, 03:40 PM
I've been waiting for the 2011 Ford Edge Sport to be at my dealer (now sounds like delayed until September timeframe), and I went today and looked at a 2010 SRX performance. I (and my wife) was impressed by the SRX...

Any one else look at the Edge Sport vs. the SRX? What was your key buying decision on the main differences? Yes, the SRX Performance does not have the 300hp as the new Edge Sport... Have not been able to find any 2.8 Turbo SRX out there in my area...

Opinions for a potential SRX customer....

C&C
08-01-10, 05:31 AM
You have to buy what you want. Cross shopping between Ford and Cadillac is sort of unusual (though I guess it happens). More likely you'd see cross shopping between Cadillac and Lincoln (with Cadillac still somewhat ahead in my opinion; though Lincoln continues to improve). I think it just boils down to taste (design), features and price. Best of luck with your decision, come on over to our side (if you like); Cadillacs are pretty cool (in most of our members opinion).

sgilbert
08-01-10, 08:57 AM
Having had my '04 SRX for 6 years, I attempted to trade for a new '10 SRX. I loved the SRX from the driver standpoint, but was quite let down on the size compared to my '04.

I decided on the '11 Lincoln MKT (same under-pinnings as the Ford Flex) for it's size and roominess. All else are somewhat comparable: power, accessories, etc. (Price was a tad more)

GMJim
08-01-10, 09:43 AM
I do like the 22's that come on the Sport.

algiorda
08-01-10, 01:20 PM
Having had my '04 SRX for 6 years, I attempted to trade for a new '10 SRX. I loved the SRX from the driver standpoint, but was quite let down on the size compared to my '04.

I decided on the '11 Lincoln MKT (same under-pinnings as the Ford Flex) for it's size and roominess. All else are somewhat comparable: power, accessories, etc. (Price was a tad more)

I considered the MKT, but it really looked very close to the Ford Edge styling which I didn't like. I liked the SRX styling much more, but that's only my personal taste. I also came from the 2004 SRX and I find the 2010 has just as much room for me; I never used the 3rd row seating in the 2004. My wife tells me all the time not to buy so much stuff anyway.

Ponyman
08-01-10, 02:12 PM
I had a had a brand new Edge rental last year for a week. I really liked the way it drove, but it just can't compart to the SRX. I also considered the Lincoln MKT, but at the Auto show, we got the chance to compare it and the SRX, and it was obvious that the Lincoln was an outdated design, and really just a jazzed up Edge. I understand that Lincoln is changing it for 2011, and it will be different from the edge, but coming fron the edgy style of our 08 CTS, the SRX was just beautiful for us.