: Pac Ipod adapter problem

Pjazz
07-31-10, 08:00 AM
I have a problem with my PAC Ipod adapter. I have a 2007 STS with Navigation. If I turn the car off and leave it in ipod mode. When I come back and switch to xm the program information does not display. The only way to get the program info to display again is to leave the car in sat mode get out of the car lock the doors then get back in and once the radio comes on in sat mode the program info is displayed.
I emailed pac and they told me to reset the adaptor and install the latest firmware. I did this and still have the same problem. Any one else have this problem?

kschwed
07-31-10, 01:18 PM
I do. It's annoying.

jagbuxx
08-02-10, 09:53 AM
Same with me. I'm going to the installer to have them take a look. Plus, it won't advance songs from steering wheel controls-it speeds up the son or goes to playlist menu.

Pjazz
08-02-10, 01:20 PM
Regarding the sterring wheel controls I think that's the way it's supposed to work. You can only advance or back up the tracks by the tuning knob.

kschwed
08-02-10, 02:20 PM
Regarding the sterring wheel controls I think that's the way it's supposed to work. You can only advance or back up the tracks by the tuning knob.

Pjazz is right. It is supposed to speed up the song. The only way to advance to the next track or recede to the previous track is to use the knob on the right side of the radio/nav unit.

Pjazz
08-03-10, 01:26 PM
Talked to pac tech support. He wanted me to make sure the XM catagorys were set to default. I didn't know you could change the catagories . I think he may mean catagories under fm radio but I don't see how you can set them to default. Any updates would be appreciated.

CadillacSTS42005
08-03-10, 01:59 PM
Under XM you can indeed change the presets to search by category such as pop rock comedy etc...

kschwed
08-03-10, 02:34 PM
Talked to pac tech support. He wanted me to make sure the XM catagorys were set to default. I didn't know you could change the catagories . I think he may mean catagories under fm radio but I don't see how you can set them to default. Any updates would be appreciated.

Yes, if you press the category button it will change to either the XM stations or it will give you the UPAC controls.