: Lowering spring ordering impossible except through D3/D3 spring questions

550HP STSV
07-31-10, 12:07 AM
After a week of ordering lowering springs from two different vendors, then being told they are not available, I've come to realize a few things; (correct me if I am wrong, please.)

1) There are 3 sets of lowering springs out for our car.
a) A garbage set by intrax, which are not even worth putting on.
b) A B&G set, item# 10.1.003, which lowers the car 1.6", which MAY be a part of the D3 set. They are no longer available, from anywhere apparently.
c) The D3 springs, which lower the car 1.1".

Here is where the questioning comes in. I dont think 1.1" drop would really make that big of a difference on my car. Its way up there. I think the 1.6" drop would be perfect, but I dont think those are available for order ever again. If they are a part of the D3 kit, why does the D3 kit only lower 1.1"?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7246/sam0268.jpg

Heres my car - I will be getting thicker tires to put on, but still would prefer 1.6" drop over 1.1" drop. Can anyone explain this, or know where I can actually buy these springs from? D3 are you there?

550HP STSV
08-02-10, 11:51 AM
bump please thanks

Dr. Design
08-02-10, 01:52 PM
Hello,
There are just 1 set of lowering springs for your vehicle.

The vehicle will settle at various heights, but on average we see them lower the vehicle about 1.25" in the rear. Here is an image of another members car with the lowering springs installed.

Let us know if there are any questions. You can purchase this item direct, www.d3cadillac.com or you can call in the order to an authorized distributor of D3 products.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/IMG_1647.jpg

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

After a week of ordering lowering springs from two different vendors, then being told they are not available, I've come to realize a few things; (correct me if I am wrong, please.)

1) There are 3 sets of lowering springs out for our car.
a) A garbage set by intrax, which are not even worth putting on.
b) A B&G set, item# 10.1.003, which lowers the car 1.6", which MAY be a part of the D3 set. They are no longer available, from anywhere apparently.
c) The D3 springs, which lower the car 1.1".

Here is where the questioning comes in. I dont think 1.1" drop would really make that big of a difference on my car. Its way up there. I think the 1.6" drop would be perfect, but I dont think those are available for order ever again. If they are a part of the D3 kit, why does the D3 kit only lower 1.1"?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7246/sam0268.jpg

Heres my car - I will be getting thicker tires to put on, but still would prefer 1.6" drop over 1.1" drop. Can anyone explain this, or know where I can actually buy these springs from? D3 are you there?

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-03-10, 01:02 AM
That be my car. Top of tires have a 1 finger gap

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-03-10, 01:06 AM
Any lower and u scrape your belly on EVERY speed bump. I know. I had -1 tires on and bumped the frame on every speed hump. Went back to stock tires and am much happier.