: Battery took a dump in my new 10 cts-v

NC_Cadzilla
07-30-10, 08:19 PM
Only had this car for a couple of weeks now and I went in it the other day, the car was dead. Jump it off and let it idle for about 10 minutes and thought it would be fine. Figure one of my kids might have turn on the lights or something.

Wrong. It was dead when I tried several hours later. Jump it again and drive it around for about a hour. Came home and pull out the multimeter. Battery was only showing 12.3 with the car off which is about .3v low. Never had any more problems with it for the rest of the day yesterday

Took it to the dealer this morning anyway since i had to go change the oil. It turns out it didn't pass the load test and I got a new battery. Another good ole AC Delco battery :bigroll:

baabootoo
08-02-10, 12:48 AM
Mine was dead today, but I uploaded music to the HDD for hours w/o running it. I thought the auto-off would have kicked in, but it didn't. I jumped it, ran ok, but I couldn't get my charger to zero out like it has on all other batteries. You know, like it won't accept a full charge? I'll make sure to keep an eye on it.