: V2 coupe CURB WEIGHT??

obzidian
07-30-10, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have the final, OFFICIAL numbers for the V-coupe? I just don't understand the mystery since when going to the cadillac/cts-v coupe website has "N/A" under curb weight.

I've heard as little as 30lbs to 200lbs. lighter than the sedan. I saw one at the dealer and its a gorgeous car but the weight is definitely holding me back.

6speeder
07-30-10, 04:41 PM
Motor Trend listed an auto CTS-V sedan in their March issue @4280, and in their September issue said the auto coupe in the September issue @4254. If the options and gas were similar you got a 26 pound difference. Not much.

jerryv
07-30-10, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have the final, OFFICIAL numbers for the V-coupe? I just don't understand the mystery since when going to the cadillac/cts-v coupe website has "N/A" under curb weight.

I've heard as little as 30lbs to 200lbs. lighter than the sedan. I saw one at the dealer and its a gorgeous car but the weight is definitely holding me back.

I can't verify if its accurate or not but take a look at this web site. http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2011&regionID=1&divisionID=5 Click on Print Book and then select the Coupe. Select Print model and then Print. The info will be displayed, not printed. Towards the end the weights are shown. I won't display them here just in case they are not correct. They do seem to update this doc from time to time. I should note that the weights for the V are not yet shown but perhaps the weights of the non-V's will give a clue.

Jerry

4DR_ZR1
07-30-10, 05:14 PM
Interesting...

The CTS Coupe auto is lighter than the manual :confused:

4DR_ZR1
07-30-10, 05:27 PM
And what they show for the sedan(s)

DrumStix
07-30-10, 07:54 PM
Good info.

aj660
07-30-10, 10:05 PM
Interesting...

The CTS Coupe auto is lighter than the manual :confused:

The chart doesn't give the weights for the V-Coupe. Yes, the non-v automatic coupe is lighter (22 lbs) than the manual. However, this might not be the case for the V-Coupe.

Your Sedan chart proves this point, because the V-Sedan in manual is lighter than the automatic. The chart shows the regular CTS sedan in manual is heavier than the Auto by 2 lbs.

thebigjimsho
07-31-10, 01:40 PM
I don't think Cadillac is making anything a secret. Their engineers told us a while ago that it would be about the same.